Discoversikhism.com Online Library

14 posts in this topic

WOW You got everything here

Thanks for the great seva ji :biggrin2:

2 people like this

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

ਸਿੱਖ ਲਾਇਬੇ੍ਰੀ - http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_library/gurmukhi.html

ਤੁਸੀ ਇਸ ਸਿੱਖ ਲਾਇਬੇ੍ਰੀ ਵਿਚ ੮੦੦ ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ ਪੁਸਤਕਾਂ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ ।

ਸਿੱਖ ਇਤਹਾਸ, ਸਟੀਕ, ਟੀਕੇ, ਸੰਥਿਆ, ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ ਸਿਖਣਾ, ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸੰਗੀਤ ਅਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਵੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ ।

We have released over 800 books in Gurmukhi. They can be accessed here - http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_library/gurmukhi.html
1 person likes this

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I need a brief history pdf book of baba shri chand ji

Can u plz tell me any book about baba ji?

Thnks

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
I need a brief history pdf book of baba shri chand ji
Can u plz tell me any book about baba ji?
Thnks
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Unfortunately, we are not aware of a dedicated book. There maybe some references in books on Guru Nanak Sahib Ji.

We have updated our online Sikh Library with hundreds of Gurbani, Sri Harmandir Sahib Monthly Gurmat Parkash and English books and articles.
Although we have many, many fine items, our most notable is an extremely rare Puratan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Saroop from 1714.
Since we started the library, there has been huge interest. We have had many enquiries from Hindi speakers wanting to learn more about Sikhi, some want to be Sikh, so have released a Sikh devanagari library with hundreds of books.
1 person likes this

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ॥

Sangat Ji,

For the benefit of the Sangat we have provided one of the largest and most comprehensive archives on Historic Sikh Gurdwaras.

The main idea behind the Historic Sikh Gurdwara section is to raise awareness and provide information about the historic gurdwaras, locations and stories associated with the Sikh Guru's (Guru Sahibhan) and other historic Sikhs (during the period of the Sikh Guru's).

We have also updated the online Sikh Library with hundreds of Gurbani, Sri Harmandir Sahib Monthly Gurmat Parkash and English books and articles.
1 person likes this

Thank you

Your Gurmat Sangeet books have greatly helped me in learning kirtan and raags

1 person likes this

There are some excellent books and articles for ALL.

I have been having a look through your library. There is a huge amount of literature against Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth. Why are you hosting irresponsible rubbish like that on your site?

I have been having a look through your library. There is a huge amount of literature against Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth. Why are you hosting irresponsible rubbish like that on your site?

If this is true, I'll be deleting the associated thread, all forms of advertisement.

That is unless thread owner replies and clarifies and/or deletes such things.

There are about 33 articles on the Dasam Granth in total out of a library of over 3000 items.

These include;

Akal Takhat Sahib Letter On Dasam Granth,

Poetics Of Dasam Granth,

Thus Spake The Tenth Master,
Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Text And Translation - Volume II,

Unfortunately, we have not read or studied all of the articles in the library and sometimes it is difficult to provide an impartial balance. For example some books are from Western authors dating back to the 1800's which may contain inaccuracies.

After speaking to the person covering the library, we did not believe any article rejected the Dasam Granth as a whole. Ideally, we should be able to deal with any criticism of the Dasam Granth and respond accordingly. Please can you list the items causing offence with reasons or PM us?

For clarity, we accept the writings in the Dasam Granth which include;

Jaap Sahib,

Tav Prasad Savaiye,

Benti Chaupai,

Beginning of the daily Ardas,

Background of creation of Khalsa Panth,

Zafarnama

We will remove any articles in our library that contain deliberate and incorrect information.

As it can be several weeks or months before we check forum posts, please free to contact us directly via our website for any other concerns.

1 person likes this

There are about 33 articles on the Dasam Granth in total out of a library of over 3000 items.

Yesterday when I looked there were many articles on Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth Sahib. Today there are about 7 on there. Have the rest been removed?

Unfortunately, we have not read or studied all of the articles in the library and sometimes it is difficult to provide an impartial balance. For example some books are from Western authors dating back to the 1800's which may contain inaccuracies.

You have to be responsible for all content that you put on your website. It's no good putting up stuff and then saying we haven't read or studied it.

After speaking to the person covering the library, we did not believe any article rejected the Dasam Granth as a whole. Ideally, we should be able to deal with any criticism of the Dasam Granth and respond accordingly. Please can you list the items causing offence with reasons or PM us?

The article by Daljeet Singh missionary was there. It is totally false and anti-Dasam granth all the way through.

These other articles were on your website althouhg they are not showing now:

The Doctrinal Inconsistencies In Dasam Granth - Part I | Discover Sikhism

Who Is The Author Of Dasam Granth? | Discover Sikhism

The History And Compilation Of The Dasam Granth | Discover Sikhism

Historocity Of Dasam Granth | Discover Sikhism

Dasam Granth Prosecution | Discover Sikhism

Dasam Granth - An Opinion | Discover Sikhism

Chritro Pakhyaan In Dasam Granth SGPC Letter 1973 | Discover Sikhism

An Assessment Of The Report Of The Sodhak Committee | Discover Sikhism

I have looked through them. They are all against Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth Sahib.

For clarity, we accept the writings in the Dasam Granth which include;

Jaap Sahib,

Tav Prasad Savaiye,

Benti Chaupai,

Beginning of the daily Ardas,

Background of creation of Khalsa Panth,

Zafarnama

Now we are getting somewhere. We are not talking about selective writings. We are talking about the whole saroop, which has been part of the Panth since 1696. You are denying that Sri Akal Ustat, Bachittar Natak, Chaubis Avtar, Shastar Naam Mala, Sri CharitarPakhyan Granth etc are part of Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth Sahib?

As it can be several weeks or months before we check forum posts, please free to contact us directly via our website for any other concerns.

Maybe you should monitor this topic more since it was your topic. If it is not visited by discover sikhism team, admins can you send them an email about it please?

Thanks.

3 people like this

We were first made aware there were anti-Dasam Granth articles on our site yesterday. We diverted the sewa of members of the team to review all such articles and immediately remove them from the website. The articles that were made available on our site were freely accessible from elsewhere on the internet and were added by the librarian.

At no stage have we (or the librarian) held anti-Dasam Granth views or promoted such articles on this forum. For clarity, we accept the ALL of the writings in the Dasam Granth. We note there are many Sikh related sites that provide pdf's that post non-Sikh or anti-sikh material. On this occasion our professional standards fell short.

We make a full unreserved and unconditional apology. In future, we will ensure there is review process before items are published (whether or not they are available elsewhere).

Our librarian has offered his resignation and we have accepted it. The library has plenty of Dasam Granth articles including a Puratan Dasam Granth Saroop, please check the Gurbani and Gurmukhi sections.

Please note we are unpaid Sikhs giving up valuable time doing our Sewa for the panth, we fully accept we made a big mistake here and have tried to fix it.

3 people like this

Please work with the DiscoverSikhism with respect as he is willing to remove any part of the website that is objectionable. Myself worked as sewa for gathering such materials for the website and it is literally extremely hard to proof-read all of them. Sangat help is needed in such and please work together as brothers and sisters. Thanks :)

2 people like this