Sant Bhindranwale's Bhagti

TuhadaDaas

He had darshan of Guru Nanak Dev Ji when he first did 40 day bandgi, which included doing Japji Sahibs 22 hrs everyday.

And at hazoor sahib he had darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

The details dont matter, what really matters is that we should talk inspiration from Saints lives and try to push ourselves a little more towards simran/bhajan/bandgi. Thats the essence.

exactly your on point, the lives of the mahapurakhs such as Jarnail Singh should motivate us and encourage ourselves to work on our bhagti.

Did Sant Jarnail singh ever talk about the history of Damdami Taksal and how started from Baba Deep Singh? I suppose he did but I am not sure because they were critics that didn't think Damdami Taksal didn't exist before 1970's.

• 1 month later...

Please dont listen to thakur singh, he is full of stories that put the writers of spiderman and transformers to shame.

What is gained by repeating ccc the same paath over n over. Nothing at all. Sleeping on kandey and torturing your body is also against The central sikh dogma.

This central sikh philosophical dogma can be found in japji sahib.

If bhindranwaaley had spent his whole day reciting paath he wouldnt have gotten very far. Bhindranwaaley lived paath he didnt just read it, he put it to action every waking hour which is the best way to honor gurbaani.

Guest dasguruka

Amritsinghbhai he didn't sleep on kandey to torture his body. Its something he did so the body and mind wouldn't get lazy. Once you do naam abhyaas, something called tundra takes over. This is like you're doing paath and going into deep sleep and slowly you actually do fall asleep and the bhajan bandagi isn't happening.

Gorakh sat on top of tree so whenever he would fall asleep he would fall into water and get back right up.

And it was his kamai that got him that far. Gurbani tells you to jap naam and that's what he did. This IS the best way to honour Gurbani.

Giani Thakur Singh isn't full of stories. The guy did whole katha of Maharajs saroop. Not stories if you ask me. Don't really know where you're coming from

Please dont listen to thakur singh, he is full of stories that put the writers of spiderman and transformers to shame.

What is gained by repeating ccc the same paath over n over. Nothing at all. Sleeping on kandey and torturing your body is also against The central sikh dogma.

This central sikh philosophical dogma can be found in japji sahib.

If bhindranwaaley had spent his whole day reciting paath he wouldnt have gotten very far. Bhindranwaaley lived paath he didnt just read it, he put it to action every waking hour which is the best way to honor gurbaani.

next you'll be saying Naam jaapan di ki lodh aa ...jeh tuvnho kuch nahin patte dooje nu mat tokho. maha paap hunda kisse nu Waheguru nalon tordan maha pun hunda kisse nu Waheguru naal jordan.

Sant ji di upma jeh koe kare ja karena chounda it is understandable oh keh crore-an pattaran vichon ik heera see

One brother used to repeat mummy or daddy 24hrs to please parents whereas other brothers did some good chores around the house to please them. What's the difference?

I would request someone to shed some light on sant ji and congress connection. I don't believe what some people say but want to know more.

Read the article under gurbani vichaar on the front page for the Sant Ji and congress "connection"

Good.... you shouldn't. But listen to fellow Sikhs.

Go and speak to someone you know from inner Amritsar City-your trusted Sikh and ask him what kind of atmosphere was in those days.

You can't clap with one hand. But army and indira were the major players in destroying peace and harmony. No doubt about that. If you want to promote that kind of environment which existed in those days then obviously you have to get the opinion of lots of Sikhs from Punjab not uk. There are ways to deal with issues and showing "mood" Mat shouldn't be one of them. You achieve nothing by doing that.

Most of my Rishtedars are from Amritsar area. I have relatives who had personally known Sant Jee. At the same time I have relatives who were in army and some had higher up connections with Punjab police and knew the insider info of what happened in Amritsar at the time. The version you are trying to spread is the Hindutva version. Sorry but we are not gullible enough to buy it without questioning it.

My father was in the army and I have personally seen classified videos. My two uncles are at present senior IAS officer on Punjab.

Don't label things as hindutva because you don't have an answer. All I am saying is the venue could have been changed. There was no need to challenge the army at the most sacred place.

When there is a fight ready to start at your local temple what do the elders say? Respect guru ghar and don't start your fight here. Find another place to sort out the issues.

If that is Hindutva than you need to study some more.

Classified videos? of operation bluestar?

Many of these Sikh army officers hide the facts from there children or they have a very selective view of the events that unfolded of 84 because there employment with the armed forces depends on their political views being in line with their Hindu masters. Yet still thousands of Ghairatmand Sikh soldiers had mutinied against the Indian army when they found out of the war crimes committed at Darbar Sahib during bluestar. Many Sikhs had given back their awards to the GOI in protest. IAS officer like Simranjit Singh Mann who had a bright future but he also resigned his post instead of becoming a lackey. Thing about Sikh officers is that they are educated, trained and brainwashed in such a way that they are just Sikh in name. They keep their children away from Sikhi, their daughters almost always have Hindu sounding names, not surprisingly most of there daughters marry non Sikhs when they grow up.

And it wasn't Sant Jee who challenged Indian army, but Indian army which challenged Sant Jee. But Sant Jee following the traditions laid down by Singhs of olden times took this challenge bravely. This isn't the first time Sikhs have faced an army invading Darbar Sahib. Read about Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee. The Afghans had also similarly asked him to surrender, instead Baba Jee along with a few Singhs decided to put up a fight and dispatch hundreds of enemies soldiers to Jamlok before attaining Shaheedi.

You don't even realize it, but you are heavily influenced by Hindutva propaganda like the rest of Indians.. Read Hindutva views on Sant Jee and operation blue star, I guarantee it will match your views word for word.