Naam For Non Amrit Dharis

bdemon

wjk wjkf

can non amrit dharis do naam jap and recieve the same benifits as an amrit dhari? or do you have to take amrit? im not saying this because i dont wanna take amrit, im just saying is, me doing naam japna before taking amrit a 'waste' ? and if not can you become jot vich jot wiothout taking amrit?-just curious

wjkk wjkf

Let me explain the concept by giving an example.

There is a student who has taken admission in a college.

He has voluntarily entered into an agreement with authorised body.

This makes both parties inter-dependent and answerable for any default on their part.

On completion of program/course student gets valid certification.

Then there is one who is not enrolled, has not made any commitment and can neither question or be answerable.

In the end unpledged doesn't get any validity or recognition.

So which one will you choose ?

wjk wjkf

can non amrit dharis do naam jap and recieve the same benifits as an amrit dhari? or do you have to take amrit? im not saying this because i dont wanna take amrit, im just saying is, me doing naam japna before taking amrit a 'waste' ? and if not can you become jot vich jot wiothout taking amrit?-just curious

wjkk wjkf

Naam jaap is never a waste!!! You carry on jaaping and don't let anyone stop or discourage you. Partake in Amrit when your ready.

Question -

A non-Amritdhari who does a lot of Simran and Saadhna asked, "Why is Vaheguru quiet?... Vaheguru doesn't seem to respond to me?"

Answer -

The Pankiti that comes to mind when we hear about non-Amritdharis doing a lot of Simran and Sadhna is;

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਿਣੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਈ ਰਾਮ ॥

ਹਉਮੈ ਮਾਇਆ ਰੋਗਿ ਵਿਆਪੇ ਮਰਿ ਜਨਮਹਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਹੋਈ ਰਾਮ ॥

Guru Sahib clearly mentions in the above Pankiti that Manmukhs do Bhagti without Satguru (i.e. without adopting Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee as their Guru) but without the Satguru, Bhagti is not possible. Such people incur more Haume and die and take birth again and again.

Vaheguru can only be attained through Satguru because he has kept himself in Satguru (there is only one Satguru). So if one does not adopt Satguru as their Guru, then why wouldn't Vaheguru be quiet and why wouldn't He ignore them?

Kulbir Singh

(http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/list.php?3)

I thought panj pyares took amrit because of bhau(nira love) bhagti for guru maharaj-did full surrender to maharaj without any any any conditions or reservations or bargaining whatsoever period and thats what we should do - love has no conditions first develop nira pyaar for satguru maharaj then there will not be any doubts. Doubts arise only when one has all kind of pre- conditioning. pre conceived notions, expectations, when one wants to just fit in or part of "elite group", one wants to live privileged sense of spiritual security life, when one wants to bargain in sikhi..i m sorry mukhi cannot be attained by bargaining in sikhi.

Again we take amrit for unconditional love for our guru maharaj its game of love and surrender the body, mind, ego, realize who am i?... all of it thats should be enough proper reasons to take amrit, not because to fit in , one wants to bargain or live in privileged life- be in a special group with special rights. All conditioning perceptions that too can incur more haumae, give false sense of security, also causes more hindrances within as opposed to all self effort with earnestly.

As far as non amritdharis reciting gurbani- naam reciting naam with full sharda prem and with truth, having moksh icha they too can get saved just like ganka papan, another bhagat (i forgot his name) who recited vahiguroo name- narayan. There are many examples in gurbani whoever recited naam with sharda and prem for nirgun parbhram vahiguroo got saved...we need to realized satguru nanak dev nirankar cannot be confined into sargun saroop only and cannot be interperated as christian prophet like figure...Ultimate saroop of satguru nanak dev maharaj is shabad and its gyan- Ikongkar satgurparsad - IKongkar- One all pervading universal jot, Satgurparsad- Sat(Truth) Gur(Supreme conscicouness) Anand(Bliss) that utlimate saroop is realized by satguru kirpa (grace).

Speaking of grace-

Satguru nanak dev maharaj does not need permission from us which saroop he uses to guide bhagats, help bhagats, save bhagats...he is all prevading jot....he was there all along saving bhagats in infinite number of ways, giving them mukhti(infinite number of ways) from aad - aad sach, jugad sach, habhi sach, nanak hosi bhi sach.

Vahiguroo/Satguru Nanak Grace is ever present. If one is drawn to naam or vahiguroo ji (question which force is drawing you to recite naam or vahiguroo its not egoic mind even though one think it is) that itself is form of grace, when one is been guided within via inner voice (divine guidance) that itself is form of grace of vahiguroo/satguru nanak dev ji, when one even thinks of vahiguroo ji that itself because of grace of of satguru ji/vahgiuroo ji, when one progresses in naam that itself is grace of satguru ji via nirankar form- shabad and its shabad gyan- pure consciousness roop, if one recites naam thats because of grace of maharaj, any progress in spirituality is due to grace, everything happening is grace as it eventually grace unfolds itself helps seeker eventually. Make no mistake- Grace is here and now either wake up to it or don't and its not any religion personal property..!!!!

Naam Simran is never a waste for anybody. It is for everyone but Naam must be obtained from Satguru i.e. you must take Amrit to receive Naam Gurmantar and learn the proper technique.

Naam Simran brings all the benefits worldly and spiritual. But benefits remain in the hands of Vaheguru. No one can calculate using any equation to determine who would receive the most benefit. If you are not Amritdhari, your spiritual progress will be slow and take very long and you will not be successful in the end because without becoming Guru-wala, you cannot conquer five vices. A Sikh does everything under Hukam of Guru while a manmukh does everything according to his own will hence following manmat ways.

Salvation and union with Vaheguru are not possible without Satguru. This is the principle of Gurbani. If one could become one with God without Satguru then Guru Sahib wouldnt have taken 240 years to establish a path and taken pains to consolidate and organize the Sikh community. Institutions such as Amrit Vela, Naam Simran, sangat, taking Amrit are all part of the same package. One cannot pick and choose.

You can practice rehat and do simran because taking Amrit. These are still beneficial but if you are looking to make spiritual progress then take Amrit and you will get the full benefits. No religious work is ever a waste. Some benefits are received in form of worldly pleasures and wealth. But bhagti doesnt accumulate much in this way.

Guest Guest

Naam Simran is never a waste for anybody. It is for everyone but Naam must be obtained from Satguru i.e. you must take Amrit to receive Naam Gurmantar and learn the proper technique.

Naam Simran brings all the benefits worldly and spiritual. But benefits remain in the hands of Vaheguru. No one can calculate using any equation to determine who would receive the most benefit. If you are not Amritdhari, your spiritual progress will be slow and take very long and you will not be successful in the end because without becoming Guru-wala, you cannot conquer five vices. A Sikh does everything under Hukam of Guru while a manmukh does everything according to his own will hence following manmat ways.

Salvation and union with Vaheguru are not possible without Satguru. This is the principle of Gurbani. If one could become one with God without Satguru then Guru Sahib wouldnt have taken 240 years to establish a path and taken pains to consolidate and organize the Sikh community. Institutions such as Amrit Vela, Naam Simran, sangat, taking Amrit are all part of the same package. One cannot pick and choose.

You can practice rehat and do simran because taking Amrit. These are still beneficial but if you are looking to make spiritual progress then take Amrit and you will get the full benefits. No religious work is ever a waste. Some benefits are received in form of worldly pleasures and wealth. But bhagti doesnt accumulate much in this way.

I know someone who had darshan of Guru ji's jot before they were amritdhari. At that time they never read any bani or did simran but used to devote most of their time doing seva for sangat. They had a lot of pyare for guru ji and sangat.