Racism In The Workplace

Guest gupt

I have just started a new job. I havent had many to begin with so dont have much experience about the different work places and enviroments.

I got the job after going through the application process. And the person who chose me for the job is nice. However the main boss who is a whiye man. Doesnt seem to come across welcoming. Infact ive only been there twice so far ad its a part time job. But I get the feeling this guy is a racist old msn type that doesmt want me there. Ive been polite and triendly to eveyone but the vibes im getting from the senior white guys seems like racism. Maybe they are like this because im new I dont know. Everytime I speak to a girl I am also trestef with suspicion. Ive only been there two days and I hate the racist looks.

Guest Guest

Peiple spend alot of their lives in the workplace- and its Kalyug- the age of the psychology if hell on earth..

SO <banned word filter activated> is really bound to happen in a world where dickheads are everywhere.

We have to accept that if karam is to be paid- it will be paid regardless of whether we try to run across the world from it.

Ive been going through a similar thing at my workplace for the last few months. Its just jealousy- and alot if the time the haters pick racism as their reason to be horrible 2 u.

For the bhagat-the dukh can be a blessing. If we look past the face of the khel, we can detach from the dukh(gurbani says pain is the remedy- it can lead us to detach from it if we're smart- in sukh- we often forget Truth and attach ourselves to the worldly happiness).

I make it my bi*tch at work, and detach from it. God blesses us to distinguish the winners from the losers when people get bitc*y towards us. Just like we wouldnt wabt to hang out with a murderer or rapist- we dont attach oursleves to the slanderous fools- we can teach- but theres no merit in being attached to a fool.

Guest Jas Singh

white people find it hard to be able to tell the difference between sikhs and muslims maybe thats why... maybe talking to your work collegues about sikhi (views, history) WHAT Sikhs stand for would help i did a presentation infront of 95% white people on sikhi and they were shocked to know a percentage of sikh history and what we stand for and there expressions totally changed and to be fair they felt stupid to just generalize and now they know the difference and admire sikhs. may Waheguru give you the strength and courage to pull through what alot of sikhs are faced with in todays society at education work etc etc.

Teaching others is great.

Racism will exist though for as long as people are full of the self loathing and insecurities that society has helped to cause people to feel. We feel rich beyond measure with God, but most who dont believe in God measure their self worth with looks, wealth, worldly success etc- and get angry when others have what they want(& people in maya Always want something)

People get a false ego trip over treading over others-slandering others, society is in attachment to each other through fear, jealousy lust(5 theives). It tries to destroy each other- the only way to get out is to detach from it- to become the outcasts of society that the Gurus were.

They said the entire world is burning & we need to accept its state and detach.

Don't know which country you're in but if its the UK you need to understand the Law is with you. And, as a Sikh, you (along with Jews) actually have more rights according to the Law than Christians, Hindus and Muslims.

My advice to you then, is keep a written record of everything that happens. Dates, times etc. That is your ammunition. Arm yourself with it.

If it is racism....and it continues.....Take them to the cleaners with your firepower.

Thanks for the advice.

Another issue is that the main person Im having problems with is the main boss. he is the manager of the whole company. If this person was a colleague that would be another matter altogether and I would be able to sort this out. but to my shock its the manager im having issues with. these are the people we go to when there problems but if the manager is racist. im not sure how im suppose to deal with this. it is a very difficult and awkward situation. I get on with everyone apart from the boss who is a complete racist.

I think this guy see's me as a threat. imost of the workers seem to be without sounding arrogant are simple yes men types who probably cant see this guy for what he is. but as I am very good at judging someones character this guy probably feels that I am gonna start to dominate or something.

I just get the impression that this guy is jealous of me. Im quite a good looking guy and have been getting alot of female attention not of my own wanting. i think this guy thinks im only there to get with these women who work there. and this is where his racism i guess is comming from. he doesnt like me getting close to the trainer who is a white woman or other females. i guess im the only one there that is young and single.

ive never had this responce from any previous bosses ive had who have all been welcoming

• 2 months later...

VJKK VJKF

Eat it up. NOM NOM NOM. True wariors eat rascist stuff like that for Lunch, that's how strong their mentality is.

I'm just joking, what I mean to say is igonre it but step in when you think it's getting out of hand and have a word with your boss. Do a lot of Naam Simran, and Gurbani to the point your mentality is so strong it doesn't affect you

VJKK VJKF

Lol Shaster Singh i like the first bit of your post, its true, chew it up and spit it back out.

I've problems with most of my managers. As a young strong female, I would say that I intimidate most people I meet, regardless of their age. A small few people are secure enough to see past the tough seeming exterior and realise that im actually a nice person.

Alot of my managers have not liked me, they may like me in my interviews but when they see how I handle life, how i walk past and speak to maya dharis, men and women, without fear/insecurity, they get jealous and try and pin it as arrogance. Then they try and put me down but i let the bullets shower and drop and the losers feel like idiots for even trying to project their insecurities onto me.

Your confidence probably bothers your manager, he probably sees qualities of strength in u that hes lacking. My advice is to be as amicable as possible and if u feel really unhappy there, then try n find a new job and leave. Don't remain attached to a karam, we learn our lessons, detach and keep moving in bhagti

The reality is that the world is full of jealous [MOD REMOVED], but let the fools be fools and suffer from their own mental illnesses. Stay in/be in Chardi kala, no matter what life throws at u, its all just Him teaching us. Sometimes He wants us to leave a toxic situation and go on to something better, to learn new lessons instead of remaining attached to old ones.

Sat- This is a formal warning. If you use foul language again none of your posts will be approved.

• 2 weeks later...

I am known as the best person on job or called most knowledgeable! My coworkers and manager hates it! I just do what I do it's there problem not mine. I don't ask for help I just do my work and have good conversations with everyone.

Whites don't like arabic and blacks,blacks don't like Spanish and Asians and us asian don't like blacks and Asians and love white people?

Just be nice to all and say no often and you be ok.

Tensions are to give not receive!! Remember that for life!