Indian Punjabi Hindu Brahmins Admit They Dressed Up As Fake Turbanned Sikhs To Target And Attack Real Sikhs

AMRITSAR: A decade of terrorism starting in the mid-1980s not only spelt doom for Punjab but also changed identities of

many professionals. Brahmin police officials and journalists started growing a beard and sporting a turban as it allowed them to do their job better.But the professional disguise has become an integral part of their lives today. Thirty years after Operation Bluestar shook the foundation of Punjab, at least three Brahmins have converted their Sikh mask into their real face.

Pathankot DSP (traffic) Vikram Sharma has set an aarti as his cellphone ring tone but his appearance is that of a Sikh. The cop not only fought against militants during the heydays of the violence in Punjab but is also a victim of terrorism.

"A Sikh appearance helped me gather more intelligence and create a better network of sources to crack down on terrorist dens," he says. Sharma lost seven members of his family, including his parents and brother, in two separate terror attacks in 1989 and 1992.

His decision to change his appearance took his family by surprise. "My wife Vimal was shocked to see me in a turban but never objected to it," he says. "This is who I am now. I can't imagine my life without a turban."

Harkanwal Korpal was a reporter with a Punjabi newspaper working in Amritsar during days of militancy. A Saraswat Brahim, Korpal also chose to wear turban and grow a beard, which helped him get scoops.

But after adopting Sikh attire, he also studied Sikhism. Korpal, a practising Sikh now, says he could have returned to his Hindu appearance but he chose to remain a Sikh. "I am amused when my Hindu relatives call me 'Sardar ji'," he smiles.

Sub-inspector, Crime Investigation Agency staff, Tarn Taran, Anil Kumar Sharma has also been sporting a turban since the militancy days. "A Sikh face helped me deal with militants," he says and adds that the turban gradually became part of his life. Today, he is expert in the intricate art of tying a turban. "I believe in both Hindu and Sikh religions and regularly visit temples and gurdwaras," he says.

=====================================

chanakya comes to mind and his ancient hindu bramin art of deception when fighting against their perceived enemies. This is how they gave Khalistan a bad name, this is how they killed generations of innocent punjabi Sikhs in india and punjab and other people. And this is how the indian brahminwad establishment does war like the cowards that they are.

The only positive to come out of this story is that one of them went on to convert to Sikhism while others remain hindu at their core.

Many police officers had infiltrated the Sikh kharkoo ranks. My family knows this one guy who was born a Mona Sikh. When he grew up he joined the Punjab police. During the days of militancy, he became an undercover cop, infiltrating the Sikh ranks. For this he grew his Kesh and even memorized Bani in order to prove himself as a dedicated Sikh. He later died in a car accident.

Another case is of Shaheed Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar. He was a Muslim and an undercover cop. He grew his Kesh and joined the Babbars. But after seeing the spiritual jeevan of the Babbars who would do Paath and Naam Simran, he was greatly moved. He then revealed to them his real identity and joined them in the Panthic Sangharsh and attained Shaheedi.

Another case is of Shaheed Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar. He was a Muslim and an undercover cop. He grew his Kesh and joined the Babbars. But after seeing the spiritual jeevan of the Babbars who would do Paath and Naam Simran, he was greatly moved. He then revealed to them his real identity and joined them in the Panthic Sangharsh and attained Shaheedi.

Bhai Lachman Singh was killed along with his pregnant wife and son in his home while they were sleeping. Police didn't have enough courage to attack them during the day so they cowardly killed them in their sleep.