Sign in to follow this  
BarinderSingh

Basicsofsikhi And 3Ho And Yogi Bhajan Question

sangat ji, , daas Jagraj Singh, this was brought to my attention just now... I've had to stay up to read it. Pls do not assume that if you put up a post on SS that we will pick it up asap. WRT to ask.fm, yes we have two other sevadaars from Birmingham that answer the qs, and I add to them. My wife does not participate in this.

WRT to Yogi Bhajan, no one from BasicsofSikhi will be doing his Nindiya. We are dogs and paapi moorakhs ourselves, and no one to judge anyone.

I have studied the 3HO organisation at close detail, met many of them and overall I find that they are not a bad influence. They fit into the pauri of "Dharmi log" of Japji Sahib, "Asank Jap, Asank Bhaao, asank Puja, Asank Tap Tao". They are trying to be spiritual and therefore do not become our enemies under the rules of Adharm, "asank gal vadd hatiaa kamaahe".

They themselves do understand what is Yoga and what is SIkhi? Now I agree that they dont understand Bani that well and fair enough they often dont give bani satkaar and for that my personal conclusion is to blame myself. If the Khalsa (of which I am part) dont educate people about the Shabad, (which we worship) then only the Khalsa is to blame.

Maharaaj kirpa kare, that this worm can spend the rest of his life speaking the praise of Gurbani and in this way, help to pass on the Gurus wisdom to all those who wish to listen.

Go read Gursant Singh's book about the 3ho sex cult and the TRUTH about Yogi Bhajan himself. That video is sickening and I don't understand why Yogi Bhajan is seen as someone honorable in our Panth. I don't care if he brought in thousands of gora into Sikhi. He is putting kundalini yoga pratice into Sikhi making it a hippie version out of it. It is unacceptable to me in my opinion. There is a lot against his cult and teachings and I hope sevadaars realize it was wrong to support 3ho.

JeevanCymro    51

The question was asked directly to basicsofsikhi question and answer site. Its better to read the original post than make assumptions.

Balvinder Ji I am sorry if I am making any mistakes but If you asked the question: what are your views about the 3HO cult ? Then You are asking a loaded question and havent asked for any specific questions just a general one that would take a hell of a lot to answer. Sometimes its better to go to the horses mouth than ask such a loaded question and then come on to this forum and drag names down. Sorry if I cause any offence.

luckysingh99    1,143

dunno why we being coccky, cuz we want basic of sikhi guy to say negative stuff >cuz we think we got it right.

end of the day> if we can find some people that we think have been corrupted by gora 3ho> then we can question them ourself to see where they going.

Our paji 'Justajatt/shaheedjatt'' said it plainly in simple english..

he's quite simply said...."Why are we indirectly asking another gursikh to do nindiya of someone that some members have a problem with"

• Like 2

Deletedkp    27

3ho Sikhs have done huge amount to raise awareness of the Sikh faith in the western world. If Sikhs from an Indian back ground don’t agree with them. Well, it’s tough. I have previously posted my opinions on the subject before and these opinions have not changed. The 3ho Sikhs have donated huge amount in Amritsar, for the grace of God they have even taken the influences of the Sikh dharma to South America.

Outlook of 3ho Sikhs on this forum is portrayed in such a negative light, do they really give any thought to, what other main stream Sikhs think of them? No.

They will continue in their ways because that’s who these people are. If main stream Sikhs from an Indian origin don’t agree, they will establish their own sect and carry on. We have seen this in India and we will also see this around the world.

Sikhs dharma does not belong to people of Indian origin. Sikh dharma does not belong to SGPC, Akaal Thakat or any other religious body. If you want abide by Sikh dharma by following these bodies then this is your choice.

Don't think everyone will follow in the same direction.

Edited by Kphull
  • Like 2

BarinderSingh    105

3HO follow and teach kundalini yoga. They have spread kundalini yoga to different parts of the world not Sikhi.

I saw one video of them having a rave party. Only thing they were missing was the hard drugs. But I would not doubt some of them brought some to makes things more interesting. These people have made a mockery of religion.

Balvinder Ji I am sorry if I am making any mistakes but If you asked the question: what are your views about the 3HO cult ? Then You are asking a loaded question and havent asked for any specific questions just a general one that would take a hell of a lot to answer. Sometimes its better to go to the horses mouth than ask such a loaded question and then come on to this forum and drag names down. Sorry if I cause any offence.

No, I did not ask that question.

Ranjeet01    1,113

As Sikhi expands, I can envisage there will be cultural differences between Sikhs in different parts of the world.

I can envisage that there will be Chinese Sikhs one day and langar could be noodles served with chopsticks or Kirtan in Black African Gurdwaras may be done differently.

Some of these differences we may have to accept, but that rave is just weird, very cult like but I do not know enough about 3HO to make a judgement.

T_Singh    12

Our paji 'Justajatt/shaheedjatt'' said it plainly in simple english..

he's quite simply said...."Why are we indirectly asking another gursikh to do nindiya of someone that some members have a problem with"

Nailed it!

Thats exactly whats going on here.

Veer Jugraj Singh doing great seva and becoming well known even in non-Sikh circles yet he is made to be in a position that someone else has a problem with. Why stop at only him then? why only him Barinder?

I beg of you to go and ask all other Gursikhs who are in the media and put a response on here:

Ask Navreet Singh

Ask Harinder Singh Naviar Khalsa Jatha

Ask Dr Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke

Ask Gurmej Singh Gill

Ask Joga Singh

Ask Amrik Singh Federation

Ask Ravi from Khalsa Aid

Ask Balbir Singh Bains SOPW

So on and so fourth

All the Singhs and organsations in the lime light and may need sangats support ask them all and do the same, make a dedicated thread for each of them for the stand on your question.

What seriously is the point of this, you could have just asked him personally for his opinion. We all have opinions.

If you think that peoples opnion on 3HO is so so important then go around and ask all the people and all the organisations menioned and do that same to them too then.

Many thanks.

• Like 2

Jonny101    4,073

3ho Sikhs have done huge amount to raise awareness of the Sikh faith in the western world. If Sikhs from an Indian back ground don’t agree with them. Well, it’s tough. I have previously posted my opinions on the subject before and these opinions have not changed. The 3ho Sikhs have donated huge amount in Amritsar, for the grace of God they have even taken the influences of the Sikh dharma to South America.

Outlook of 3ho Sikhs on this forum is portrayed in such a negative light, do they really give any thought to, what other main stream Sikhs think of them? No.

They will continue in their ways because that’s who these people are. If main stream Sikhs from an Indian origin don’t agree, they will establish their own sect and carry on. We have seen this in India and we will also see this around the world.

Sikhs dharma does not belong to people of Indian origin. Sikh dharma does not belong to SGPC, Akaal Thakat or any other religious body. If you want abide by Sikh dharma by following these bodies then this is your choice.

Kphull Jee, when you talk of "Sikh dharma", do you believe it is a religious path with no rehit and sidhaants?

Sikh dharma belongs to Akal Takht. Akal Takht is our supreme authority of the Sikhs. 3HO can be part of Sikhi if they drop the kundalini yoga and hindu rituals which is against Sikhi. Yogi Bhajan didn't even like Sant Jarnail SIngh ji and wanted to get rid of him. This cult just hurts Sikhs overall. I don't care if they bring awareness or gain thousands of followers. I would rather have one person following the real path of Sikhi. I guarantee many mahapurakhs would call these people blind fools.....

Edited by kharkusingh1996

BarinderSingh    105

Nailed it!

Thats exactly whats going on here.

Veer Jugraj Singh doing great seva and becoming well known even in non-Sikh circles yet he is made to be in a position that someone else has a problem with. Why stop at only him then? why only him Barinder?

I beg of you to go and ask all other Gursikhs who are in the media and put a response on here:

Ask Navreet Singh

Ask Harinder Singh Naviar Khalsa Jatha

Ask Dr Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke

Ask Gurmej Singh Gill

Ask Joga Singh

Ask Amrik Singh Federation

Ask Ravi from Khalsa Aid

Ask Balbir Singh Bains SOPW

So on and so fourth

All the Singhs and organsations in the lime light and may need sangats support ask them all and do the same, make a dedicated thread for each of them for the stand on your question.

What seriously is the point of this, you could have just asked him personally for his opinion. We all have opinions.

If you think that peoples opnion on 3HO is so so important then go around and ask all the people and all the organisations menioned and do that same to them too then.

Many thanks.

Stop acting like the aunties ssittng in the langar hall sipping on some cha and gossiping. Read post again.

BarinderSingh    105

This is not a war against basicsofsikhi and everyone must refrain from directing insults toward basicsofsikhi if you have the urge. This is a war against ignorance. Reason why I ask basicsofsikhi to look at 3ho again.

Thank you everyone

I'm with you. Thanks for standing up for this. The only reason basicsofsikhi was a point of interest to me in this regard is because they have the biggest youtube presence and are reaching out to many people (in English as well) who know little or nothing about sikhi so I'd say they have considerable influence. They do so much great work. I'm a big fan of Jagraj Singh ji. Been watching his videos since the beginning. There appears to be some dangerous thought and influence from 3ho however so I think it's fair for sangat to bring this to attention of people of influence.

Really it would be great to educate the sincere and good people of 3ho and bring them into the fold of true Sikhi. Or they can continue with Kundalini Yoga which is just as well if that's their choice. But to conflate KY and Sikhi is not right...it is a misrepresentation of Sikhism, and we all know the story of Ram Rai.

The only other thing that interested me about basicsofsikhi and I thought might be connected to their perceived current stance on 3ho was the idea that dasam dwar is the crown chakra (kundalini type idea). I didn't really know this was one of the 'basics of sikhi' and where this idea comes from...but I would very much like to know. Jagraj ji if you read this please make a video! Love you man, thanks for everything.

Singh559    2,562

If you have a problem with it then approach him instead of hiding behind a computer/keyboard or give up your studies and profession to make your own YouTube channel.

• Like 2