Basicsofsikhi And 3Ho And Yogi Bhajan Question

sangat ji, , daas Jagraj Singh, this was brought to my attention just now... I've had to stay up to read it. Pls do not assume that if you put up a post on SS that we will pick it up asap. WRT to ask.fm, yes we have two other sevadaars from Birmingham that answer the qs, and I add to them. My wife does not participate in this.

WRT to Yogi Bhajan, no one from BasicsofSikhi will be doing his Nindiya. We are dogs and paapi moorakhs ourselves, and no one to judge anyone.

I have studied the 3HO organisation at close detail, met many of them and overall I find that they are not a bad influence. They fit into the pauri of "Dharmi log" of Japji Sahib, "Asank Jap, Asank Bhaao, asank Puja, Asank Tap Tao". They are trying to be spiritual and therefore do not become our enemies under the rules of Adharm, "asank gal vadd hatiaa kamaahe".

They themselves do understand what is Yoga and what is SIkhi? Now I agree that they dont understand Bani that well and fair enough they often dont give bani satkaar and for that my personal conclusion is to blame myself. If the Khalsa (of which I am part) dont educate people about the Shabad, (which we worship) then only the Khalsa is to blame.

Maharaaj kirpa kare, that this worm can spend the rest of his life speaking the praise of Gurbani and in this way, help to pass on the Gurus wisdom to all those who wish to listen.

Go read Gursant Singh's book about the 3ho sex cult and the TRUTH about Yogi Bhajan himself. That video is sickening and I don't understand why Yogi Bhajan is seen as someone honorable in our Panth. I don't care if he brought in thousands of gora into Sikhi. He is putting kundalini yoga pratice into Sikhi making it a hippie version out of it. It is unacceptable to me in my opinion. There is a lot against his cult and teachings and I hope sevadaars realize it was wrong to support 3ho.

The question was asked directly to basicsofsikhi question and answer site. Its better to read the original post than make assumptions.

Balvinder Ji I am sorry if I am making any mistakes but If you asked the question: what are your views about the 3HO cult ? Then You are asking a loaded question and havent asked for any specific questions just a general one that would take a hell of a lot to answer. Sometimes its better to go to the horses mouth than ask such a loaded question and then come on to this forum and drag names down. Sorry if I cause any offence.

dunno why we being coccky, cuz we want basic of sikhi guy to say negative stuff >cuz we think we got it right.

end of the day> if we can find some people that we think have been corrupted by gora 3ho> then we can question them ourself to see where they going.

Our paji 'Justajatt/shaheedjatt'' said it plainly in simple english..

he's quite simply said...."Why are we indirectly asking another gursikh to do nindiya of someone that some members have a problem with"

3ho Sikhs have done huge amount to raise awareness of the Sikh faith in the western world. If Sikhs from an Indian back ground don’t agree with them. Well, it’s tough. I have previously posted my opinions on the subject before and these opinions have not changed. The 3ho Sikhs have donated huge amount in Amritsar, for the grace of God they have even taken the influences of the Sikh dharma to South America.

Outlook of 3ho Sikhs on this forum is portrayed in such a negative light, do they really give any thought to, what other main stream Sikhs think of them? No.

They will continue in their ways because that’s who these people are. If main stream Sikhs from an Indian origin don’t agree, they will establish their own sect and carry on. We have seen this in India and we will also see this around the world.

Sikhs dharma does not belong to people of Indian origin. Sikh dharma does not belong to SGPC, Akaal Thakat or any other religious body. If you want abide by Sikh dharma by following these bodies then this is your choice.

Don't think everyone will follow in the same direction.

3HO follow and teach kundalini yoga. They have spread kundalini yoga to different parts of the world not Sikhi.

I saw one video of them having a rave party. Only thing they were missing was the hard drugs. But I would not doubt some of them brought some to makes things more interesting. These people have made a mockery of religion.

Balvinder Ji I am sorry if I am making any mistakes but If you asked the question: what are your views about the 3HO cult ? Then You are asking a loaded question and havent asked for any specific questions just a general one that would take a hell of a lot to answer. Sometimes its better to go to the horses mouth than ask such a loaded question and then come on to this forum and drag names down. Sorry if I cause any offence.

No, I did not ask that question.

As Sikhi expands, I can envisage there will be cultural differences between Sikhs in different parts of the world.

I can envisage that there will be Chinese Sikhs one day and langar could be noodles served with chopsticks or Kirtan in Black African Gurdwaras may be done differently.

Some of these differences we may have to accept, but that rave is just weird, very cult like but I do not know enough about 3HO to make a judgement.

Our paji 'Justajatt/shaheedjatt'' said it plainly in simple english..

he's quite simply said...."Why are we indirectly asking another gursikh to do nindiya of someone that some members have a problem with"

Nailed it!

Thats exactly whats going on here.

Veer Jugraj Singh doing great seva and becoming well known even in non-Sikh circles yet he is made to be in a position that someone else has a problem with. Why stop at only him then? why only him Barinder?

I beg of you to go and ask all other Gursikhs who are in the media and put a response on here:

Ask Navreet Singh

Ask Harinder Singh Naviar Khalsa Jatha

Ask Dr Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke

Ask Gurmej Singh Gill

Ask Joga Singh

Ask Amrik Singh Federation

Ask Ravi from Khalsa Aid

Ask Balbir Singh Bains SOPW

So on and so fourth

All the Singhs and organsations in the lime light and may need sangats support ask them all and do the same, make a dedicated thread for each of them for the stand on your question.

What seriously is the point of this, you could have just asked him personally for his opinion. We all have opinions.

If you think that peoples opnion on 3HO is so so important then go around and ask all the people and all the organisations menioned and do that same to them too then.

Many thanks.

3ho Sikhs have done huge amount to raise awareness of the Sikh faith in the western world. If Sikhs from an Indian back ground don’t agree with them. Well, it’s tough. I have previously posted my opinions on the subject before and these opinions have not changed. The 3ho Sikhs have donated huge amount in Amritsar, for the grace of God they have even taken the influences of the Sikh dharma to South America.

Outlook of 3ho Sikhs on this forum is portrayed in such a negative light, do they really give any thought to, what other main stream Sikhs think of them? No.

They will continue in their ways because that’s who these people are. If main stream Sikhs from an Indian origin don’t agree, they will establish their own sect and carry on. We have seen this in India and we will also see this around the world.

Sikhs dharma does not belong to people of Indian origin. Sikh dharma does not belong to SGPC, Akaal Thakat or any other religious body. If you want abide by Sikh dharma by following these bodies then this is your choice.

Don't think everyone will follow in the same direction.

Kphull Jee, when you talk of "Sikh dharma", do you believe it is a religious path with no rehit and sidhaants?