Radiographers?

Guest hmm

Is anyone a radiographer? Do radiographers have any problems wearing kakkars like kara, kirpan etc? due to the metal interfering with the x-rays. I'm asking specifically about the UK.

Guest RadiographerUSA

Most Radiographers either work primarily work either with Xrays machines or CT units. The only problem could be where MRI scans are done just don't enter room. Technically MRI is not Xray its magnets but is part of an imaging departments.

Guest Singh_007

being a dental student, soon to dentist, with Maharajs Kirpa, no problem with wearing kara, kirpan in my field however cant talk for fully fledged radiographers. however i do not think it would be a problem because radiographers are often out of the ionizing radiation zone! in dentistry patients are often asked to remove nose/tongue piercings and even earings depending upon the radiograph to be taken. HTH

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

The Radiographer is not taking X-rays of himself/herself, so it should not be an issue. The issue typically arises for the person who is being X-rayed. Even MRI techs - they aren't in the room with the magnetic field when the machine is on, so it should not be an issue.

being a dental student, soon to dentist, with Maharajs Kirpa, no problem with wearing kara, kirpan in my field however cant talk for fully fledged radiographers. however i do not think it would be a problem because radiographers are often out of the ionizing radiation zone! in dentistry patients are often asked to remove nose/tongue piercings and even earings depending upon the radiograph to be taken. HTH

Veerji, In US or UK or Canada?

Prospective dental student from USA.

It will be appreciated if you help a sister.

P.s. Taking DAT this summer.

Guest _Singh_007

In the UK, i understand its a lot difference than being a dental student in the US. And havent got a clue what DAT is .. but good luck for it! Let me know how i can help - i am not a member of Sikh Sangat atm!

WJKK WJKF