Help

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm suffering this problem where I feel that I can't feel peace, even after being amritdhari.

I do my nitnem but still cannot focus, ill just keep being entangled with the worldly things.

I find it difficult to accept criticism, although I will know im wrong and I wont argue back but I still will not accept in words that yeah okay, even if I do its not very often. This is making me so upset and restless that I feel like crying, and trust me its a hard job making a boy cry.

I try my best to remain calm and do good but I don't know what it is!

I still cant get into that state of happiness, I always wonder that as your suppose to be kind and forgiving does that mean when someone annoys you then you don't answer them back and just remain silent and later forgive them ?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

What you are saying happens to most of us.

There are lot many things which we learn only with age & experience.

Key is to follow instructions of Gurbani.

For example, when to speak & when not.

Whom to speak & whom not.

Check out

http://searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ggs_shabad/3251/line/3

http://searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ggs_shabad/439/line/4

If someone slanders or does Nindiya then keep this Shabad in mind

http://searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ggs_shabad/2758/line/2

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Keeping a diary... Write down the things that set you off and the things that dont. That way you will have an idea of what it is thats setting you off. It always can help you to be aware of your triggers... Please reserch the benefits of keeping a diary, i dont know if you are depressed but it sounds to me like you are, so it could be beneficial to try this out :)

Fateh

Guest well wisher

I'm suffering this problem where I feel that I can't feel peace, even after being amritdhari.

I do my nitnem but still cannot focus, ill just keep being entangled with the worldly things.

I find it difficult to accept criticism, although I will know im wrong and I wont argue back but I still will not accept in words that yeah okay, even if I do its not very often. This is making me so upset and restless that I feel like crying, and trust me its a hard job making a boy cry.

I try my best to remain calm and do good but I don't know what it is!

I still cant get into that state of happiness, I always wonder that as your suppose to be kind and forgiving does that mean when someone annoys you then you don't answer them back and just remain silent and later forgive them ?

As the Pauri in Sukhmani sahib says "Satgur Sikh ke kare prithpal, Sevak ko gur sada dayal....." . Congratulations to you for surrendering to the True Guru by being an Amritdhari. Its Guru responsibility to look after your well being, BELIEVE and FAITH in your Guru will deliver the perfect outcome. Do Sukhmani sahib, Dukhbhanjni sahib path also in addition to your Nitnem. Either you will change from inside or your outside circumstance will change. Have patience we live on a physical plane of time and space.

When you surrender yourself to the Guru then you remove me from yourself. Guru is everything you are nothing. You want to become one with Guru Ji. Netnem is not just something to be recited daily. Nitnem is to be recited and understood because Nitnem tells us how to live properly in order to break free the wall of sin and achieve Mukti (Salvation). As the 1st Pauri in Jap Ji Sahib asks the question, How do I break free of the wall of sin all around me?, staying quiet doesn't work, staying hungry doesn't work, keep taking a bath doesn't work; so what is the answer? Guru Ji says accept and live according to Waheguru Ji's Hukkam. Each pauri systematically advises you and guides you towards achieving Mukti.

My friend my advice would be to study Jap Ji sahib. There are many translations and listening to Katha is good as well.