Sign in to follow this  
Guest sahib

Did Any Of The Gurus Marry Outside Caste ?

proud2bejatt    65

You want your kids to have no history, you know how to arrive there.

You want to listen to 20th century babas and not 15th-19th century sardars go ahead and marry first thing you see.

You'll get the results but if you think the rest will follow, you are sadly mistaken.

Bhudh goes from caste prejudice, to wanting mixing, to understanding power and not wanting it but not being prejudiced.

Both of you are jumping on here like I needed to elaborate what I was saying. You can keep following radical feminism, I respectfully won't be.

Here's a question, how was Guru Ji Suraj Vanshi if it was right to mix with eberything and have no name?

Tl Dr I'm not giving my daughter to someone who not a Jatt, amd not 4 gotras separate on each side. You do what you see fit, and make decision with your family.

Jaat and Varna are separate things; if we gain autocracy in Punjab, you won't be able to do the beadbi of your ancestors that you're foolishly thinking of doing right now.

This goes for anyone, chamar, bramin w.e name you give your extended 'family'.

If you don't have enough gyan to know about lineages and purataan Sikh practices don't open your big mouth about no 'caste' in Sikhi. You'll get no reply.

buddasingh    215

Bhudh goes from caste prejudice, to wanting mixing, to understanding power and not wanting it but not being prejudiced.

So you do not want mixing. As a jatt therefore you are a pure race? Is that what you are saying? Logically, you are either pure or you're mixed. Were you a blondie that just sat in the sun so long that the tan seared right into your DNA?

"Aryan" right?, Of course, it's right there in the history books -- riding east on horses so the sun never set and the pure white got darker and the blue eyes turned a nice roast brown. It's also the feel good line that brahmin and "sikh" supremacists like to wear for the white masters..."just look at our pointy noses, we belong to the fairer aryan side of the club; and we can be racist with the best of them to boot.

"Not wanting to mix but not being prejudiced" are YOUR words. Scary, as that is precisely what the majority of white supremacist hate groups say very peacefully. Only occasionally does it lead to a murderous shooting rampage by one of them. You are entitled to your opinion but you are NEVER entitled to your entitled opinion.

Nonetheless, credit to you for having the integrity to express your honest feelings. The majority of racists don't progress this far. It also helps us know of the extreme amount of rot common amongst us and that we must actively speak out and have so much work to do. Truthful living is far away when we don't even have the most basic understanding of humanity. How sad given the legacy of our Guruji's.

• Like 1

Guest SinghAbb   
Guest SinghAbb

Amrit Ko Paani Kahe, Sikh Ki puchhai Jaat. Daya Singh Mum Sikh Nahi, Janam Gavaavai Baad.

Asking a Sikh his or her caste is like calling Amrit water. Daya Singh does not deem them to be Sikhs. They waste their precious life.

Rehatnama Bhai Daya Singh

TurbanGuyz    23

Lets try to think of it out of the box for a minute.

I've also come across another question "Why was none of the Sikh Gurus a woman?"

Back in those days, it was the so-called "high caste" people, especially males, who were calling the shots, setting norms etc. Guru Sahibaan were "physically born" in Kshatriya families, and were all males. But here is where it gets shocking. Even though they were born males, and born in Kshatriya (high caste) families, married within what we call as "same caste", they still preached the equality of genders and futility of ancestry/caste. This was a shock to Indian society and gave birth to a new revolution altogether.

Had a saint from a so-called "lower caste" preached against the caste cancer, or a female saint preached against gender inequality back in those days, they would be mocked at, and people would taunt them and say "Yeah well too bad for you, but you will obviously whine about it, hahaha!" But guess what, Guru Sahibaan shook the very foundations of that society once They (being males from "high caste" families) preached against these evils of caste cancer and gender inequality.

Lets not analyse too much into why Guru Sahibaan did what They did, lets see Their purpose and message behind it. We are not at Their level to fully comprehend the deeply spiritual reasons as to why They did what They did.

ਗੁਰਿ ਕਹਿਆ ਸਾ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵਹੁ ॥

Do those deeds which the Guru has ordained.

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਹੇ ਧਾਵਹੁ ॥

Why are you chasing after the Guru's actions?

dont know but those Gurus were born to great women...does nt matter if no one is women in gurus.......:)... udda b apniyas re behaving weird today...don't know if they do really proud to be sikh? anyways... I think we should close this thread....

TurbanGuyz    23

Remember though, Sikhs traditionally did not and still don't marry outside their jaat.

This is verified in Prem Sumarag Granth, and I won't say anything more due to fanatic bhasurias everywhere.

Sikhs traditionally have been socially divided, politically and religiously united. Don't listen to bsp and ambedkar who only want handouts.

It's Kal yug, and your blood; you want to dishonor it go ahead. For boys it didn't matyer because they traditionally married multiple times so tribal restrictions didn't make sense.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

Hun main kehna ta nai chounda but fe b ik advice a mere walo...jado main sardar banya c naaa main apna jatt puna te ek cancer waala naam oh ki hunda

jehnu tusi kuch family name yeha keh ke bolonde a...oh main dust bin ch sutt dita c...taa krke je tu b sardar a ya amrit di daat layi hoi a te koi changi

sallaah de laa...taaki teriya puchtaa b kuch changasikh sakhn agge jaake... bahmnaa piche tu lgaa firda ae te gallan tu sikh hon diya krda ae?? Amedhkar

di gal krda ae ta sun oh b sikh hi bnna chonda c phela... par tere mere warge cancer de marij har jagah gand poun nu bethe hai na shri akaal takhat

b...je chonde ho sanu sikha nu apne rights milee ta agle de rights nu respect deni sikhooo.....I m not saying it in favour of any BSP or Any Ravidassia but

Only favoring Amdhekar Bcz He was Such a nice Human being Who did not try to give rights to backward communities and poor people but also Gave an

hard hitting slap on Hindu Brahmin Faces....Inna koi Aje Jatta vicho nai pardhya hunaa jinaa ho pardh gyaa...... naale meri ek request a ...Saare questions

de answers SGGS sahib wich nee..Sache mann naal pardho........inhaaa ta muslim hindu ya koi hor b nai question krde hune jinna sadya nu aag lagi

rehndi a.......

Edited by TurbanGuyz
  • Like 4

ekgurjaskhalsa    288

Akal Thakat does not recognize these people as Khalsa because they are Banjaara.

It is people like "proud to be jatt" that Ravidasiyan have made their separate religion.

It is shame that people in Punjab only consider you Sikh if you are Jatt, otherwise you go by your caste, choora, chamar… so on.

Dr Ambedkar was also refused to become part of Sikh panth.

Shame on people who favor Caste system.

http://dailysikhupdates.com/2014/05/11/people-outside-punjab-becoming-sikhs-in-heavy-numbers/

Edited by ekgurjaskhalsa
  • Like 1

BritishSingh    95

This question of did the Gurus marry outside caste is strange because Guru Ji isn't a body and has never been. Guru Ji is, has always been and will always be, the divine Jot of Vaheguru, therefore Guru Ji is outside caste. It is this Jot that is present in Shabad Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. People keep tying Guru Ji down to worldly things. Yes Guru Jot was present in 10 bodies from Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and that they lived exampled lives that we should aim to emulate. Guru Ji is outside caste and has no caste. Guru Ji is Guru Ji simple as that.

• Like 1

Mehtab Singh    3,888

ਗੁਰਿ ਕਹਿਆ ਸਾ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵਹੁ ॥

Do those deeds which the Guru has ordained.

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਹੇ ਧਾਵਹੁ ॥

Why are you chasing after the Guru's actions?

• Like 1

JSinghnz    933

Cultural traditions have been to marry daughter in caste. son is w.e various gurus married from different quoms.

6th guru married sangha jatt.

ਖਾਲਿਸਤਾਨ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਾਬਾਦ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE YOUR STUPID USERNAME NOW.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO USE THIS ON A SIKH FORUM LIKE SIKHSANGAT WHICH HAS ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CASTEISM.

ekgurjaskhalsa    288

CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE YOUR STUPID USERNAME NOW.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO USE THIS ON A SIKH FORUM LIKE SIKHSANGAT WHICH HAS ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CASTEISM.

He had a different a different username when he first commented but he changed half way through to make his point.

He can be proud of being Jat as much as he wants to be, but Brahims - the highest caste, will still look him down as a "backward low caste"

• Like 1

TurbanGuyz    23

This question of did the Gurus marry outside caste is strange because Guru Ji isn't a body and has never been. Guru Ji is, has always been and will always be, the divine Jot of Vaheguru, therefore Guru Ji is outside caste. It is this Jot that is present in Shabad Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. People keep tying Guru Ji down to worldly things. Yes Guru Jot was present in 10 bodies from Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and that they lived exampled lives that we should aim to emulate. Guru Ji is outside caste and has no caste. Guru Ji is Guru Ji simple as that.

" Guru ji is Guru Ji simple as that"

Just loved it...Swaad a gyaa..mann khush ho gya pardh ke....

chatanga    1,068

He can be proud of being Jat as much as he wants to be, but Brahims - the highest caste, will still look him down as a "backward low caste"

Jatts don't give two hoots about what Brahmans think.

Cultural traditions have been to marry daughter in caste. son is w.e various gurus married from different quoms.

6th guru married sangha jatt.

ਖਾਲਿਸਤਾਨ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਾਬਾਦ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

Which wife was Sangha Jatt?

Actually guru tegh bahadur married mata gujari, who was of the Gujjar tribe/caste, so yes 1 of our gurus did marry outside of their khatri tribe!

Mata Gujri was not of Gujjar tribe/caste.

JSinghnz    933

Jatts don't give two hoots about what Brahmans think.

Which wife was Sangha Jatt?

Mata Gujri was not of Gujjar tribe/caste.

Singhs give innumerable boots to jatts and start again from one.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Keep friends with the sikh girls but also talk to the year 7 sikh girl - Just because they swear it doesnt mean you have to, you can still talk with them without swearing. Also, keep a friendship with the year 7. Its tough when nobody wants to be around you like that so help her out, after all we are supposed to be helpful people. Dont worry about what other people think. I know this is easier said than done at your age but it makes sense to be friends with someone who is positive and happy than people that are judgmental right?  I think you've already done the right thing by talking to her. I always think that if you feel sorry for someone, do something about it. No point sitting there feeling sorry when we can all do something about it  
    • SGGS Ang 94   ਹਉ ਰਹਿ ਨ ਸਕਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮਾ ਮੈ ਨੀਰੁ ਵਹੇ ਵਹਿ ਚਲੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥ 
      हउ रहि न सका बिनु देखे प्रीतमा मै नीरु वहे वहि चलै जीउ ॥३॥ 
      Ha▫o rėh na sakā bin ḏekẖe parīṯamā mai nīr vahe vėh cẖalai jī▫o. ||3|| 
      I cannot survive without seeing my Beloved. My eyes are welling up with tears. ||3||  ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਬਾਲ ਸਖਾਈ ॥ 
      सतिगुरु मित्रु मेरा बाल सखाई ॥ 
      Saṯgur miṯar merā bāl sakẖā▫ī. 
      My Friend, the True Guru, has been my Best Friend since I was very young. 
        ਹਉ ਰਹਿ ਨ ਸਕਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥ 
      हउ रहि न सका बिनु देखे मेरी माई ॥ 
      Ha▫o rėh na sakā bin ḏekẖe merī mā▫ī. 
      I cannot survive without seeing Him, O my mother! 
        ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲਹੁ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਪਲੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੧॥ 
      हरि जीउ क्रिपा करहु गुरु मेलहु जन नानक हरि धनु पलै जीउ ॥४॥१॥ 
      Har jī▫o kirpā karahu gur melhu jan Nānak har ḏẖan palai jī▫o. ||4||1|| 
      O Dear Lord, please show Mercy to me, that I may meet the Guru. Servant Nanak gathers the Wealth of the Lord's Name in his lap. ||4||1||     
    • Penji that's exactly what I said. the (<) refers to their lifelines, hence why Maya doesn't have a less than symbol.  In terms of age and how long they will live, Maya will grossly outlive Vishnu, but he'll outlive Shiva and so on. Another one leaves and has his place taken by another and so on.
    • the other thing also adi shakti made Maya/kaal which created asura as well dev lok that's why asura could never be conquered without dev lok asking for shastra from akal purakh  ... the true mahakaal  as it is only by his hukam kaal can be destroyed
    • Nice explanation penji. I have been pondering over these lines for a day or two now, I think you just nailed It.