Tea   37 members have voted

1. 1. How do u make your tea?

• Desi style - water, Laung lechia, tea bags or leaves, saunf, milk, sugar all in one pathila (pan)
    • Western style - tea bag (sugar) (milk) in mug with boiled kettle water
    • Black tea without milk or sugar - western style
    • Black tea with sugar - western style
    • Any sort of herbal tea?
    • Adrak (Ginger)
    • No tea
    • Alternatives or additional info. can be added by replying to the post.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 posts in this topic

I don't drink tea or any coffee, never going to take anything that can be somewhat addicting :p

chamomile tea is not addicting at all.
1 person likes this

chamomile tea is not addicting at all.

Really? Well I still wouldn't take any chances haha.

I'm surprised to see the number of people drinking tea is so high.

Camomille or Chamoille ,as some call it , is not tea at all. It is stamen( the male part producing pollen in flower ) dried from the flowers of a plant with same name , grown in Europe .It has very soothing and calming effect , unlike tea which acts as stimulant . In iIndia , people in Himachal add Rhododendron petals for the same effect . Tea prepared from Green unprocessed leaves has very ghood quality Flavanoids ( anti oxidants )and is good for heealth. While the processed CTC (general Black Tea ) variety has very little of these good effects ( 70- 80 % lost during processing ) and added are some bad effects .

Desi Masalaa (Khalsa Tea , desi chai or Chahta , Saunfa , GHaram Jal omg so many names ) is a concoctions of spices only sans real tea , and is good for general health & digestion

1 person likes this

I can't recall specifics, but apparently the caffeine in tea isn't desirable. It's meant to be almost a drug of sorts. Of course, it won't damage a person like hard drugs, lol, but I think it disturbs an individual's spiritual equilibrium if you're into that sort of thing.

My direct experience with tea is that it will spoil your restful sleep at night so that you are not fresh enough to wake up at Amrit vela. That way you start slipping in your routine. However tea taken at the right time - before noon sometimes can be a better option. When I went off tea completely, I was feeling too sleepy or I would sleep too much. Therefore it is an individual choice, it may help your spiritual life or it may decline it. Black tea without sugar is the best as milk acts to neutralise the healing effects of the antioxidants which exist in normal tea.

Edited by sikhni777

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises. Leo Buscaglia

• Some nice quotes for us and people that change, even the ones that make the other look bad.  "Share your smile with the world. It's a symbol of friendship and peace." Christie Brinkley   "Humility is the true key to success. Successful people lose their way at times. They often embrace and overindulge from the fruits of success. Humility halts this arrogance and self-indulging trap. Humble people share the credit and wealth, remaining focused and hungry to continue the journey of success." Rick Pitino
    • You're very hypocritical to write this, when you yourself turn your back on people, after they tell you their personal details. when they need help, so they divert further from Sikhi.  Forgive people? You must be joking, there's only so much forgiveness one can do. I never ever said nothing bad to you, if anything I always supported you and respected you. But when I needed help in my worst time you turned your back. So no I won't forgive you. When you know somebody is hurting so much, you can't help them. I leave it to Waheguru. 
    • When Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj was writing Charitrokhayaan, sitting on banks of Satluj, the weak-minded Masands went to Mata Gujri ji and complained to Mataji about Satguruji’s new rachna, Charitropakhyaan, saying that Maharaj was going against bachans of Guru Nanak Dev ji and was indulging in Ninda of women. Jagat Mata Gujri ji knew her son very well, so she said to Masands that she’ll go and talk to Guruji on this issue. Next day, Mataji went to the place where Maharaj had camped and Charitropakhyaan were being written. Seeing Mata ji, Maharaj got up and bowed his head to Mataji, asking the reason Mataji had come this far. Mataji smiled, looked and Masands, then turned to Maharaj and said ‘'Laal ji ( Mataji never in her life took Maharaj's name), I Heard you are writing Charittars, I dont think human mind is still capable of hearing the Truth, of being able to see the filth it is filled with in mirror of Guru's Shabad''. Mata ji returned to Anandpur Sahib saying these words, and Guru Gobind Singh ji went into Samadhi for some time. Guru ji has just finished 324th Charittar. Suddenly Maharaj opened his eyes and asked Likhari Singh to be Saavdhaan. Suddenly Maharaj stopped, and asked Likhari Singh to Jump to Charittar 326. Maharaj finished remaining Charittars and after writing 404 Charittar, in the end counted 405 charittars. Likhari Singh, Bhai Darbari asked,’’ Maharaj,We have written just 404 Charittasr, why have you counted 405 Charittars in the End? And where is 325th Charittar?’’ Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj smiled and said Sikha, ‘’ When Mataji left, I decided to write charittar of Maha Maaya, Sri Maya Lachmi ji, the creative power of Waheguru which creates, preserves and destroys the universe. But Maharaj Akaal purakh stopped me from doing so, as when the Charittar would have been written, Maha-Maaya would have been overcome and finished. Earth, Moon, Sun, Stars, this Universe would have collapsed and there would have been Parlay (doomsday). No one has been able to imagine or explain the vastness of Maya, but I wished to write this Charittar of Maya, which has taken Human beings away from their real-Self, Sri Waheguru ji. Once the Charittar was finished, Maaya would have been rendered weak and helpless, all pure souls would have gone to Sachkhand and world would have ended.’’ Sikhs said, ‘’ Maharaj, Will this charittar be ever written and When’? ‘’Maharaj Said ‘Yes, when we come next time on this world, after finishing evil from this world, Akaal purakh Waheguru ji will complete ‘Sri Kaal ji ki Ustat’ Himself as I don’t have the power to comprehend limit of Waheguru Akaal’s Ustat, and after Akaal Ustat is completed, I will write this 325th Charittar of Maaya, after which, Maya will merge in Waheguru, there will be Maha-Parlay and whole Universe will be destroyed. We will take both Granths (Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib ji) with us to Sachkhand and parkash them there, and we shall all dwell in peace with our beloved gursikhs and when Hukam comes, take the Baani to next creation.’’ Sikhs asked ‘’Maharaj, Why did you wish to write Charittar of MayaLachmi’’? Maharaj replied, ‘’ Singho, Maaya didn’t wish its game to be revealed, and I was doing it, warning the people of world how it twists human minds to do sin, to walk on path of evil, to go away from Nij-Saroop, Waheguru, to fall in pit of hell, there fore it took Masands to Mataji. But Mataji is beyond the shackles of Maaya, still at the benti of Masands, Mataji had to come. Mataji returned after blessing me, but I was looking at Maaya’s game, how it had entered Our darbar, how the people who were supposed to be Parcharaks of Guru, The Masands, had been corrupted and weakened by Maaya, and if the Maaya had grown so powerful, it was better to finish it, for this reason I wanted to write the charittar. ‘’  
    • Is this really how you live your life? Hating anyone who's Non-Sikh? You should probably do something more productive.