Tea  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do u make your tea?

• Desi style - water, Laung lechia, tea bags or leaves, saunf, milk, sugar all in one pathila (pan)
    • Western style - tea bag (sugar) (milk) in mug with boiled kettle water
    • Black tea without milk or sugar - western style
    • Black tea with sugar - western style
    • Any sort of herbal tea?
    • Adrak (Ginger)
    • No tea
    • Alternatives or additional info. can be added by replying to the post.

True. Cha was introduced to India by China, which leads me to something another fella said. He said:

Chai ????? :nono:

Have some Punjabi pride my friend. Cha was introduced to the whole sub-continent by the Chinese and guess what the Chinese word for tea is ?

Yes thats right, its Cha (tsa). Not 'chai'. It's Cha.

Just because them foreign people (Indians) that live in a foreign land to us (south of us in a place called Hindustan) and speak a foreign language (Hindi) have corrupted the correct word, i.e are too stupid to know the proper word, it does not mean we should join them.

Every time I hear Punjabis saying the word 'chai' I feel like punching them for their stupidity.

do you get twitchy when you hear them speaking Hindi in general too veer ji?, if so , have a nice cup of chamomile and chilll.....

o you get twitchy when you hear them speaking Hindi in general too veer ji?

Crap new language (Punjabi is more than a thousand years older than Hindi) spoken by crap foreign people that are ILLEGALY occupying my land. Lets leave it at that.

if so , have a nice cup of chamomile and chilll.....

Despite my passionate plea on behalf of the 'word' cha, the fact is I don't actually like the 'thing' cha. If I'm forced, I could tolerate a masala cha but generally I'm a coffee bandha. A cup of Costa's Mocha does me just fine.

do you get twitchy

Yes if I have a large Mocha I get a bit twitchy but if I have more than one a day I'm positively shaking.

Crap new language (Punjabi is more than a thousand years older than Hindi) spoken by crap foreign people that are ILLEGALY occupying my land. Lets leave it at that.

Despite my passionate plea on behalf of the 'word' cha, the fact is I don't actually like the 'thing' cha. If I'm forced, I could tolerate a masala cha but generally I'm a coffee bandha. A cup of Costa's Mocha does me just fine.

Yes if I have a large Mocha I get a bit twitchy but if I have more than one a day I'm positively shaking.

I used to work with a lady who was so sensitive to caffeine half a cup of tea would make her tiddly like she was drunk...giggly. dizzy etc extra cheap date ...

so how did Hindi come along ?

Guest Jacfsing2

DO YOU SAY I AM INCORRECT HISTORICALLY ? OR THE FACTS PUT IN MY POST ARE INCORRECT?

No, but you did mention motherland, to Guru Sahib his motherland is Sach Khand. You were right in historical context, but I think you missed that he's everywhere.

I used to work with a lady who was so sensitive to caffeine half a cup of tea would make her tiddly like she was drunk...giggly. dizzy etc extra cheap date ...

so how did Hindi come along ?

Don't really know.

And, as its such a newish crap little language don't really care.

But, if I had to answer, I would say its certainly nothing to do with Hinduism, as not only is Sanskrit much closer to Punjabi than it is to Hindi buth the hindu Vedics are also far more akin to Punjabi than they are to Hindi.

So, if I had to guess, given how the typical 'Indian' is, I would say about 400 years ago some very weak looking Indian fella was publicly urinating in the street where children walk, just after he'd finished spitting there, and as he was on his way to discriminate against another, and equally, weak looking Indian fella who was also publicly defecating in public, and rightly so because the second fella's face was a shade darker in skin tone than the first fella, the first fella spoke words befitting his manner and behaviour as a public spitter and urinater and the second fella (the person that defecates in public) , surprising enough, replied in similar words. Hence, the birth of Hindi.

The organic tea estate we went to as a family in darjeeling did not add anything to the leaves to oxidise and left leaves to naturally breakdown they stopped fermentation by steaming leaves at different stages so I cannot say if this was unique to them but that is my experience

What you have seen is green , orange & peckoe tea only , which is ready for use in raw or after little processing which does not require adding chemicals . What people usually use is CTC TEA . If my words look unbelievable , plz confirm frm any singh from AKJ or DT

• 1 month later...

No brother ^ , its about a clash of civilisations. Our present pitiful existence as gulaams of India means we are losing in this clash (battle).

It is tempting, sometimes, for one looking to win a clash to look at more famous and celebrated clashes and armies for inspiration and 'sameship' but, when doing so, one is unlikely to achieve much and, in our case, we have achieved nothing. Instead, if one is intellectually genuine in his or desire for freedom one must find inspiration in less celebrated (and very apt) examples.

Bangladesh. Who among us ever look to Bangladesh and Bangladeshis for inspiration and respect for anything ?

Very few of us, but the fact is that the Bengalis have shown us the way. Pakistan came into existence in 1947. What we today know as Bangladesh was Pakistan. Pakistan is Muslim.....the Bangladeshis are Muslim. In theory then, no problem. But there was a problem and that problem was language / mother tongue. With Pakistan keen to impose a foreign language on all Pakistanis the Pakistanis that lived in what we today call 'Bangladesh' stood up and gave their lives for their mother tongue. From 1947 to 1971 they never stopped fighting...Never stopped rioting....Never stopped dying. And, in 1971, after the famous 'language riots' in Dhaka, achieved freedom. They may be poor. Very poor. But, unlike us they are free. I would rather be poor and free than to live this life as a gulaam.

If you, my brother, can't see how the slave owners are enslaving us with their language, than you're already a very poor man compared to the Bangladeshis.