Bairaag ?

Guest harsimransingh

Guest harsimransingh

WJKK WJKF

I have just started my path with Sikhi, just took amrit last year. But I noticed that when I hear Saakhi's about the Guru's and sometimes when I read translations of gurbani or while listening to kirtan.. that I feel like crying.

I asked a giani ji why this happened and he said that I am not far along on my path and I don't have enough kamaai to have bairaag...?

I have a lot of pyaar with sikhi and I want to know what this is and if other people have experienced this?

Bhul Chuk Maaf, Guru ang sang

Guest Guest

You don't have to have much/any kamai to cry or feel emotion in Kirtan, Paath etc. It's normal. Don't think about it too much and keep focussing on the Shabad.

In a katha at Gurdwara somebody said... When you cry while listening to shabad, kirtan and sakhis, that means Guruji is showering his kirpa on you, that means you are in love with Guru..coz u understood what he wants us to understand... :) Ha Bairaag comes when you do lot of simran and when you emerge yourself in God. Your state is a part od Bairaag but not Bairaag exactly..

Guest GuptSewa

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh,

Bhai Harsimran Singh Veero,

Keep doing Simran of the true Naam at all times and your Bairaag (longing for God) will increase day by day.

I respect the opinion and advice given to you by Giani Ji, however Daas's humble opinion is that Kamaai is not only built in this life, but our previous Joons. So this feeling of Bairaag is not limited to the Kamai in this Joon alone.

Keep building your Pyar with Sikhi and let this feeling of Bairaag sweep over you. Keep experiencing Sikhi =)

Best of luck.