Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
As I have been getting older and hopefully with the blessings of Maharaj, a little more able to understand baani, i have been reading a lot of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, cross referencing with many different great scholars interpretations and wanted to raise the topic of Durga/Bhagauti ji?
I dont mean to offend anyone or their beliefs by raising this topic, i would just like a deeper understanding of this matter. I am aware of the interpretation of Adi Shakti and the interpretations of Bhagauti being a sword, however this begs the question to what Bhagauti stands for then when at the start of Chandi Di Vaar, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj writes:

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਜੀ ਸਹਾਇ ॥
ਵਾਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਜੀ ਕੀ ॥ ਪਾਤਸਾਹੀ ੧੦ ॥
Now im humbly an okay reader of Gurmukhi but everywhere you look into the translations, the first interprets ਭਗਉਤੀ as a sword, then when speaking of the poem of Bhagauti in the sentence directly after, everyone interprets ਭਗਉਤੀ as Durga Maa in every translation. Why and how is this the case?
If ਭਗਉਤੀ means the sword then would the tale of Chandi Di Vaar not make sense and why does it mean different in the next sentence? and if it is Durga Maa then whats the big deal and why do people get really offended when this is raised because isn't she just the sargun personification of the Adi Shakti of Akaal Purakh ji? And by interpreting it in this way its not in any way forgetting Akaal Purakh or worshiping another its just a way of understanding an aspect right?

In addition to this, wouldnt all the beautiful puratan swaroops of Dasam Granth Sahib Ji make more sense this way as they have pictures of Durga?

I am very sorry if this offends anyone or i have made grave mistakes or been misled, im just humbly trying to expand my knowledge and understanding and would greatly appreciate if anyone could help?
thanks sangat ji.

let's get one thing clear one God. It includes you, me and everything including bhaguti, chandi, Adi shakti etc...... The only difference between anyone is how much one is aware. Each time one comes back it remembers more of your real self (GOD). Please read Akal Ustat.

Thanks for the response Paaji, and 100% agree in one God thats why i wrote 'just the sargun personification of the Adi Shakti of Akaal Purakh Ji' as Akaal Purakh includes everything, not disagreeing or discussing that point at all though but thank you for the response but that doesnt answer my questions. Have read but as always will re-read to grasp as much knowlege as i can.

Thank you.

By dissecting or bisecting these concepts one will end up being a missionary. One must agree there are are few things one might never understand due to our limited awareness. Only the Ego wants to be in charge. Now bhaguti is power, steel, whaeguru, Durga, Chandi what difference does it really make?

WJKK WJKF,

I believe bhaugati/Durga maa is a primal being, meaning one of waheguru's very first manifestations of a highly knowledgeable and strong entity. The entity instills and defines the very first foundation of a warrior spirit of waheguru, hence why bhaugati, Durga maa and the sword are all the same. Similarly As was the first guru sahib, throughout to the last living guru sahib, then the Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji and the khalsa (Guru Granth Guru Panth) at the same time. It is from this point that the ideology of waheguru's warrior begun and now the khalsa is the army of waheguru, resonating that very first primal warrior spirit, the protector of all, the khalsa.

WJKK WJKF

According to sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale katha where he quoted from amar kosh and indicated bhaugati to have four meaning -

1. Akaal purkh including all sargun aspects (sargun and nirgun is one non dual ikongkar leaving no room for duality)

2. Kirpan- Sri Sahib (sargun aspect)

3. Bhagvati durga Chandi (sargun aspect)

4. Aad Shakti( shakti maya-sargun aspect-shiv shakti)

All four forms of interpretations are accepted and used depending on the context of gurbani in sri dasam granth sahib, you cannot confine bhaugti to (nirgun only when clearly in shabd its mentioning sargun manifestations of that nirgun) and and overall you cannot confine to one sargun aspect(sri sahib only) while totally rejecting other sargun aspects which is all sargun personfication of aad shakti/akaal purkh.