Sufi Meditation- Sufi Zikr(Naam) Dhir- Importance Of Breath Zikr Dridhta..!

N30S1NGH

WJKK WJKF

Dear brother, just watched a minute or two of the first video and it seems really interesting, I will have to watch all of them when I get a chance. I have always been interested behind the concept of the swirling dervish, I have wondered if its similar to how people who say they are possessed spiritually also swirl their heads in a circular fashion, I have always wondered why, I wonder if there's any connection?

Thanks for the great uploads!

WJKK WJKF

swirling dervish, I have wondered if its similar to how people who say they are possessed spiritually also swirl their heads in a circular fashion, I have always wondered why, I wonder if there's any connection?

It's just another method of loosing all the tensions, thoughts one has, where they use breath (mind is connected with breath, control breath- mind also comes in control while breath is controlled), zikr-sufi naam and movements be receptive to create a space for themselves so that they can experience intoxicated dynamic awareness (vahi-ectasy, guru- awareness) within, it works as after its done, even if one sends a single to mind, body aint stopping as its intoxication, this after a while creates shift in one indentity where one no longer indentifies with maya naturally rise above, as they taste bit of a divine bliss..!!

The problem is lot of people get hooked on it and confine themselves in these types of states instead of naturally spontaneously transcending, let intoxicated awareness within draw people in naturally and take care of the rest rather that seeker driving movements-invoking experience/enforcing/putting too much effort- effort is needed intially but not a whole lot after.

WJKK WJKF

Great analysis, I find it so amazing how within our body we can simply disconnect from the physical matter. I think this is how one is able to then see within the different realms of waheguru's creation and the different beings within those realms. It gives the person the use of ridh/sidh and the weaker character then may become distant from waheguru and more detached, as how you stated. The stronger character overlook the realms and hear the unstruck sound and light of the almighty creator, waheguru.

These are Naqshbandi Sufis. Their leader Sheikh Ahmad Sirhindi who these Naqshbandis regard as the greatest Sufi Saint ever was a fanatic and the main perpetrator behind Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee's Shaheedi because he feared the spread of Sikhi all over North India. The biggest villain in India's history, Aurangzeb who persecuted Guru Jee's family and the Sikhs was also a Naqshbandi Sufi and received spiritual training under Sheikh Sirhindi's son who guided Aurangzeb to persecute Sikhs, Hindus and Shias.

Just thought I should post about their disgraceful ithihas before we get too impressed by these so called peaceful naqshbandi sufis. Qadari Sufis are good, they have been our friends and allies. Mian Mir Jee was also a Qadiri Sufi. And Mian Mir Jee did all he could to oppose Sheikh Sirhindi and his fanatic evil sect.

Thanks Johnny for info, to be honest i wasn't even looking that far nor i was interested in digging to read more about them as i was looking at the meditation techniques- those sufi meditation teachings- naam dhirh sufi style seems universal does not belong to this sub sect nor they can claim it.

Thanks Johnny for info, to be honest i wasn't even looking that far nor i was interested in digging to read more about them as i was looking at the meditation techniques- those sufi meditation teachings- naam dhirh sufi style seems universal does not belong to this sub sect nor they can claim it.

True. Somethings are universal truths that all people share in common.

These are Naqshbandi Sufis. Their leader Sheikh Ahmad Sirhindi who these Naqshbandis regard as the greatest Sufi Saint ever was a fanatic and the main perpetrator behind Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee's Shaheedi because he feared the spread of Sikhi all over North India. The biggest villain in India's history, Aurangzeb who persecuted Guru Jee's family and the Sikhs was also a Naqshbandi Sufi and received spiritual training under Sheikh Sirhindi's son who guided Aurangzeb to persecute Sikhs, Hindus and Shias.

Just thought I should post about their disgraceful ithihas before we get too impressed by these so called peaceful naqshbandi sufis. Qadari Sufis are good, they have been our friends and allies. Mian Mir Jee was also a Qadiri Sufi. And Mian Mir Jee did all he could to oppose Sheikh Sirhindi and his fanatic evil sect.

WJKK WJKF,

Thanks for the insight, it's not this sect what's impressive, just some truths Sufism holds. But again, thanks for the backdrop of that group.

WJKK WJKF