**truth Hurts** Gurdas Maan & Laadi Shah Exposed

Nalwa

Gurdas Maan sings ''Apna Punjab'' and doesn't the song glorify drinking sharaab ? Not into songs like that.

Here's Mann saab encouraging kids to sing this song on stage. Imagine a 5 yrs old kid in uk/us stage upin front of thousands of concert goers. Compare punjab reaction (clapping, encouraging) with developed world reaction (possible lawsuits).

WJKK WJKF

Sikhi and panjabi culture are two very different things. As from previous threads, music and lyrics like this are simply in supply of demand. The problem should be when this crosses with sikhi and the image of sikhi, also as SINGH4PEACE stated elsewhere a solution should be devised to highlight and stop any such association with sikhi from an international stance, like maybe the uk sangat asking the sikh council to draw up a letter of concern to the Akal takhat in regards to the music industry associating sikhi with the point sant ranjit Singh stated and also their high profile support, also Alcohol, clubs and obviously caste. Too many a time have I seen the khanda and Kara brandished in such videos. Where the khanda adorned the nishaan sahib, it now adorns arms holding a glass of whiskey?

WJKK WJKF

This is an old video. At the time he was young, just 19 or 20 years old. Later he realized his mistake and has never repeated it since.

This video always surfaces when such issue come up. It's one of the favorites by the baba bashers along with some guy who claims he was beaten up after he saw some unlawful acts in the company of Ranjit dhadrianwala

Fact is, and someone said earlier...that he is probably the best person at the moment for doing parchar worldwide.

Gurdas Maan is a disgrace.

I'm saying this and I was probably his biggest fan in the late 80's and 90's.

I can say that he definitely influenced many youth towards the right tracks in his early days....but I agree since 'apna punjab hovey' ..(song about jatt and his desi sharab).... i lost complete interest in the guy.

Yeh, it's a catchy song that will get you 'chakking' the shoulders.... but the message is bad and it hurts, especially with the current state of punjab's liquor and drug abuse.

He is nothing but a spoilt money maker.. who once sang music for the love of it but now sings just for selling to demand.

As for his devotion and association with this s*lah/grave worship/smoking/masti.... I'm just gonna say.........''utter disgrace!'' the mamla is too much of a garhbar now !

This is an old video. At the time he was young, just 19 or 20 years old. Later he realized his mistake and has never repeated it since.

realized his mistake or realized he can't get away with that behaviour? anyways he revealed his character he can try to cover it up how he wants. and anyway I'm not a "baba basher" I'm a pakhandi baba basher.

realized his mistake or realized he can't get away with that behaviour? anyways he revealed his character he can try to cover it up how he wants. and anyway I'm not a "baba basher" I'm a pakhandi baba basher.

Majhail Jatt Jee, say if you make a mistake when you were only 19 or 20 but then realize your mistake and mend your ways. Should that mistake still be used against you for the rest of your life?

I was also very critical of him years ago and much like you I also did parchar against him. But over the years after seeing the parchar he does, the Panthic stance he takes when all others are hiding or too scared to show opposition to the Indian government I don't see a reason to do a character assassination of him any longer. He has certainly earned my respect.

Gurdas Maan has done more to popularise the sharabi-kababi culture in Punjab than any other singer. In the past singers used to sing about the social issues of the day but Gurdas Maan has gone to the other extreme popularising sharab in songs such as Apna Punjab Hovey. Not even in the west do you get songs popularising alcoholism, I wonder how any families and young lives have been ended through the influence of his songs. He is a total disgrace.