Disturbed Sleep

namastebc

namaste

i have been having disturbed sleep for last two years. I get thoughts in my dreams which go on for as long as i am asleep. In the morning i feel tired. I have not been able to do my regular routines and has caused blockage in my life. IS there any babaji who would help. I am a non sikh ,hindu female.

WJKK, WJKF

Dear sister,

It's so difficult having to go through the day without having a good night sleep.

The only advice I can personally suggest is firstly, look at your daily routine, if your not physically busy enough try and fit in some excersise which will tire you out as you will use up your surplus energy, helping you feel tired before you actually go to bed.

If you do already do this and still experiencing distracting dreams, when your asleep having a dream, once the dream breaks and you are back into your own consciousness (even though you will still be very sleepy) DONT HO BACK TO SLEEP....... wake up, maybe go down stairs and have a glass of water, give it a few minutes and then go back to bed. This should break the continuous cycle of the dreams occurring. Also before you go to bed, you should remember Akal Purakh waheguru and say a personal prayer. Also when you wake up from the dream and go back to bed, again take your thought upon waheguru.

If the problem still occurs, before you go to bed you could listen or recite the sikh prayer of Kirtan Sohila before you go to bed. This will not affect your Hindu faith, as our guru is for everyone and waheguru is universal and unlimited.

Hope this helps sister, update me either way.

WJKK WJKF

Guest Gursikh

Exercise. Change your diet eat healthier - eat less at night - no sabji etc.. after 9 pm.. Change the pillow and everything - Dont do anything at your bed other than sleeping. Keep routines - sleeping routines wake up on the same time or go go to sleep at the same time - keep doing that for 2-3 Weeks and you will feel the difference. Trust me - I had the same Problem for about 8 years.

If it doesnt solves your problem - the problem is more psychological than physilogical.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa , Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

Babajis wont help you - there is nothing they can do - you are the only person who can change things. You are your Rehunuma - your own leader - why you want any "Baba" to solve your problem..

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
Guest Pooja Khalsa
On 2/19/2014 at 11:47 AM, namastebc said:

namaste

i have been having disturbed sleep for last two years. I get thoughts in my dreams which go on for as long as i am asleep. In the morning i feel tired. I have not been able to do my regular routines and has caused blockage in my life. IS there any babaji who would help. I am a non sikh ,hindu female.

Baby, You can Hold statues or images (laminated)kinda (of any God or Saints)

hold on your hand and sleep....

(in dream this will appear there also and you need to Chant/Repeat any God Names,or Sant , Mahapursukh which you believe)

Some able to see what happens and some not....

it's Real.....You must Win it....FIGHT BRAVE....ATHMA=Parathma

Don't shared or talk about this to anyone.....

On 2/19/2014 at 11:47 PM, namastebc said:

namaste

Hello dear,

I would say try to get up one hour before your normal wake up time... try to meditate for 15-20 mins.. 

We, Sikhs have Guru Mantar, Mool Mantar.. you can try those or simply chanting OM will help.

The point is to detach yourself from all the worries, anxities and connect with OM. Therefore, it doesn't matter what mantra you will choose, you just need your complete focus on it..

Have faith and it will start working soon.. you will feel better.. every individual is different.. but I am sure it will make a big difference..

Then go for a long walk or jogging.. mornings are best but evenings are good too..

And yes, healthy diet will help.. 

Maybe you have something on your mind that bothers you a lot... Mostly we get these dreams if we keep thinking about something constantly.. 

Try to tell yourself...it is okay not to be okay all the times.. things are not always in our control.. 

Learn to accept more..let go of things that you can't control..

Everything is temporary ...bad or good...it will keep changing.

Don't give your power to those things, ppl or dreams..

The Universe/Nature/that Magical energy/God.. what you want to call it.. It has the power to change things in an instant..It is there to take care of everyone's needs..

Before you go to sleep..listen or chant your fav mantra...it will help..

Have faith :)

On 2/19/2014 at 7:47 PM, namastebc said:

namaste

I think try biphasic sleep, or try taking naps.