Is It Ok To Become Amritdhari Even Though You're Struggling With Kaam?

Guest Singh

WJKK WJKF

I'm 16 and this's a question I struggle with. Becoming an amritdhari is the first step in Sikhi and everyone says you don't have to be perfect to take that first step. I really want to give my head to the Guru and be committed. I do nitnem, kirtan, Simran daily, I follow everything I'm supposed to and I'm always trying improve as a Sikh. Kaam is my only problem, I'm trying so hard to get rid of my habits, but they've been going on for a few years. Although, in the past few months I've significantly reduced my kaami actions. At this point it's minimal but it still hits me now and then. Will it be ok for me to take khande bate di paul? If not, any tips to help get rid of this addiction?

pajee you will never get rid of kaam, we are made from it! yes those very rare gems are blessed but very very very few. all you can do is minimise it as much as you can take.

aslong as you dont go sleeping around and dont have premarital relationships you will be ok. the rest (im guessing you are referring to masturbation) will be a constant fight, you will have good times bad times, but either way you keep fighting and fighting and fighting until you die. yes you will fall but you carry on. take amrit and do ardass with genuine heart and maharaaj will keep you how he so wishes, if he wants to take you to brahmgyan he will, if he doesnt and wishes to leave you in maya then you accept that as your karm. dont think too much and go to 5 pyareh for amrit