Sign in to follow this  
sikhiseeker

A Woman As A Panch Pyara?

sikhiseeker    263

Brother, I disagree with that. The original panj pyare were all male, yes! But women who take amrit are just as equal. Just because in 1699, no woman stood up doesn't mean they can't represent the khalsa equally? It's not been stated by the guru, has it?

Jangal Da    150

Santji Baba Jarnail Singh has given the explaination. Why question or request ordinary sangat for further elaboration when a Mahapurukh has already spoken. How far do you take equality? Men and women have different roles in society and in garisti jeevan. This is just one of those differentiations.

• Like 1

sikhiseeker    263

When we are born, we may physically take a gender, however our atma is genderless. When we die our atma is separated from our body and if we have walked the path set by the guru, we will gain mukhti, what emphasis is their on the gender you were when you attained human life? Kaam, krodh, mo, lobh and hankarh do not descriminate between genders, the fight to eliminate these emotions for both male and female are equal in struggle. Why is their an emphasis that the panj pyare were all male? When Shiri Guru Gobind Singh Ji asked for a head, I don't think any emphasis was made that they were all male, rather that the panj pyare which stood, their souls sort for mukhti. As Shiri kalgidhar said, it isn't the sikh what is pyare, it is the rehat. The rehat to which a persons soul abides by. The shakti of the guru lives in the khalsa, that does not mean only men because originally it was 5 men what answered to the call of a head, it means simply the khalsa, one whom receives the holy nectar and does not break from its bond, irregards to the gender of that vessel the sikh has attained amrit.

• Like 1

sikhiseeker    263

Santji Baba Jarnail Singh has given the explaination. Why question or request ordinary sangat for further elaboration when a Mahapurukh has already spoken. How far do you take equality? Men and women have different roles in society and in garisti jeevan. This is just one of those differentiations.

We are only as ordinary as we strive to be. The guru gave gur gaddi to Shiri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and gave Guru Panth to the khalsa. We should step up to the task what the guru set for us, how other sikhs past and present have. We are not limited, we are limitless! We to can be sant siphae, so can a woman as my mother Mai bhago did. Whole role of gristi should she have taken at that time? Continue to make the rotia?

Edited by sikhiseeker

WaljinderSingh    848

When we are born, we may physically take a gender, however our atma is genderless. When we die our atma is separated from our body and if we have walked the path set by the guru, we will gain mukhti, what emphasis is their on the gender you were when you attained human life? Kaam, krodh, mo, lobh and hankarh do not descriminate between genders, the fight to eliminate these emotions for both male and female are equal in struggle. Why is their an emphasis that the panj pyare were all male? When Shiri Guru Gobind Singh Ji asked for a head, I don't think any emphasis was made that they were all male, rather that the panj pyare which stood, their souls sort for mukhti. As Shiri kalgidhar said, it isn't the sikh what is pyare, it is the rehat. The rehat to which a persons soul abides by. The shakti of the guru lives in the khalsa, that does not mean only men because originally it was 5 men what answered to the call of a head, it means simply the khalsa, one whom receives the holy nectar and does not break from its bond, irregards to the gender of that vessel the sikh has attained amrit.

From what Sant ji explained:

There is no inequality in Sikhi. If women want to do seva, there are lots of other ways to do that - They shouldn't be stopped from doing.

For e.g. Women can do Kirtan

can do seva of reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

can do prasad seva.

and the list goes on..

sikhiseeker    263

From what Sant ji explained:

There is no inequality in Sikhi. If women want to do seva, there are lots of other ways to do that - They shouldn't be stopped from doing.

For e.g. Women can do Kirtan

can do seva of reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

can do prasad seva.

and the list goes on..

Yes my brother, I am aware of that however why not do panj pyarea de seva if they received the holy amrit from the same bowl

WaljinderSingh    848

Yes my brother, I am aware of that however why not do panj pyarea de seva if they received the holy amrit from the same bowl

Apart from Panj Payre seva they can do whatever seva they like. The argument as to why is already is explained and has been going on even after 1699 to 1708 (Guru Ji aboded to Sachkhand) when during Guru Gobind Singh ji time there were many Chardilkla women like Mai Bhaag Kaur (accompanied SatGuru ji in Nanded and lived after 1708...) etc..

There were NO women in Panj Pyare in 18th century or the 19th...

Edited by WaljinderSingh

sikhiseeker    263

But has it been stated anywhere where a khalsa woman cannot doin amrit sanchar, or does it just state panj pyare? Again emphasis on the rehat being pyaree, not the sikh

WaljinderSingh    848

But has it been stated anywhere where a khalsa woman cannot doin amrit sanchar, or does it just state panj pyare? Again emphasis on the rehat being pyaree, not the sikh

Why specifically want to do Panj duty. Can you explain what is meant by seva ?

sikhiseeker    263

Why specifically want to do Panj duty. Can you explain what is meant by seva ?

Seva is a route to cleansing the genderless soul of its previous Karam through service of other people and honest causes.

Mata sahib kaur added the sweet pataashe to the holy nectar while Shiri Guru Gobind Singh stirred the shakti of Akal Purakh within the nectar creating the stainless khalsa, my mother also drank the nectar and became khalsa. What is the difference of gender in khalsa, maybe we should of explained that to dhan dhan Mai bhago, that as sikhs,men and women have their set roles as per gristi, so carry on making the rotia? I don't think so sikhi, As rightly said, Mai bhago stayed in the company of Shiri kalgidhar mahraj, as khalsa!

• Like 1