Burning In Body After Meditation.

Guest CKaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dear Sangat Ji,

I really hope someone can answer this question. I am finding that when I do my Nitnem Banis or do Naam Simran my body 'burns' all day. If I stop doing Naam Simran and Nitnem, then after a few days the body stops burning. The burning is more in my legs, arms and face. I thought it was all in my mind, but everytime I stop reading gurbani and doing naam, the burning stops. However, then I get depressed and feel a deep sadness in me.

Can anyone explain what is going on? I thought it was a medical condition, but doctors say there is nothing wrong with me. I also feel absolutely exhausted and legs hurt. I think the legs hurt because they go to sleep when sitting cross legged.

Should I change my diet? Any suggestions on diet?

I hope someone can give me an answer.

C Kaur

Dear C Kaur Ji,

I am terribly sorry to hear that, I really am :(

However, are you sure you have checked with your doctor for all the "possible" diseases? There are many that cannot be identified with just one glance - you need to do special examinations to discover them. Maybe that'd be the cause?

I have started searching for results in google and I saw very interesting thing: This page actually claims that burning sensation is a sign of advancement in meditation!! (http://www.celibacy.info/Signs_Of_Progress_In_Meditation_Julian_Lee.html) Which by the way is good news.

You can also check out those:

http://www.ehow.com/about_5047601_causes-burning-sensation-body.html

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/burning-skin

I hope you'll be allright!

I'm going to pray for you :)

Take care!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dear Sangat Ji,

I really hope someone can answer this question. I am finding that when I do my Nitnem Banis or do Naam Simran my body 'burns' all day. If I stop doing Naam Simran and Nitnem, then after a few days the body stops burning. The burning is more in my legs, arms and face. I thought it was all in my mind, but everytime I stop reading gurbani and doing naam, the burning stops. However, then I get depressed and feel a deep sadness in me.

Can anyone explain what is going on? I thought it was a medical condition, but doctors say there is nothing wrong with me. I also feel absolutely exhausted and legs hurt. I think the legs hurt because they go to sleep when sitting cross legged.

Should I change my diet? Any suggestions on diet?

I hope someone can give me an answer.

C Kaur

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

It could be due to your sitting posture or AASAN.

Try changing position, let's say every 10-15 minutes.

Sitting cross legged for long period can restrict blood flow and cause pain in legs & subsequently in other body parts.

Pain could also be due to indigestion or being over weight.

Try Ginger tea

Or

Ginger-ale Squash with water, see the difference.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Do you also suffer from other symptoms such as itchy yeast infections, in groin area and feet (athletes feet)...etc...

Does your body feel all heavy like you going to collapse and not be able to get up as opposed to collapsing if feeling very light headed/dizzy ?

If your atma/soul is feeling this heat, the doctors won't be able to diagnose it.- they can only diagnose physically.

Ginger tea is no good as it is hot and will add to your burning NO TEA COFFEE - you need to cease sugar which itself is also a fire creator in the body. Drink a lot of water at amrit vela aswell there is no need to be very strict in your rehat especially when feeling unwell. Eat simple vegetables no tarka or adding spices just boil in water.

Make sure you add a lot of almond oil to your food. Also keep your protein high, i get haricot and soya beans from Morrisons and get my mom to make them in just a little curry powder. Make sure you pay attention to health and healthy eating. If you screw your health up then you gonna feel bad always

Ginger tea is no good as it is hot and will add to your burning NO TEA COFFEE - you need to cease sugar which itself is also a fire creator in the body. Drink a lot of water at amrit vela aswell there is no need to be very strict in your rehat especially when feeling unwell. Eat simple vegetables no tarka or adding spices just boil in water.

Make sure you add a lot of almond oil to your food. Also keep your protein high, i get haricot and soya beans from Morrisons and get my mom to make them in just a little curry powder. Make sure you pay attention to health and healthy eating. If you screw your health up then you gonna feel bad always

You are not aware of the benefits, read the article "22 Health Benefits of Ginger Root & Ginger Tea" at

http://bembu.com/ginger-benefits

Unlike other teas & coffee, it is Caffeine free.

Try it, you will love it.

Guest Panthic

If your Dhian goes too much to the right side of your body you can end up with a feeling of too much heat and left side too much cold. Keep your Dhian centred in your body and when doing Simran listen to the Gurmantar following its sound current. Their is various techniques for Naam Simran, try and keep your body relaxed.

You are not aware of the benefits, read the article "22 Health Benefits of Ginger Root & Ginger Tea" at

http://bembu.com/ginger-benefits

Unlike other teas & coffee, it is Caffeine free.

Try it, you will love it.

The taseer of Ginger is garam.....adding fire to burning will only add to the problem. If you look at the ayurved mool mantra of Vay Pit Kaf then the thread starter has a inbalance of the 3 with an increase in Pit (heat). Milk, oil and complete cessation of sugar will surely help. Caffeine alcohol tea etc should always be avoided since they have no nutritional benefits.