Anxiety And Meditation !

Guest Desii

WJKK WJKF everybody!

I just have a simple question to ask does Meditating help control anxiety ?? I have a shy type of personality i dont open up to easily... I believe it might be caused by my anxiety!....help a brotha out !

Thanks in advance ! :)

Yes, because Gurbani shows us how to deal with anxiety. People that are shy will be able to face the fear of speaking in front of people without feeling they are being judged. Reading Gurbani takes the stress away. A person with anxiety focuses on how others will perceive him doing a certain act. Therefore the person cannot focus on how to complete the act, but what will happen as everyone will be looking and judging me. Gurbani takes the person's focus from the judging and turns it to the task at hand. Say you were to do a speech. Many people with anxiety will waste majority of the time worrying and very little time preparing for the speech. Gurbani changes the thought pattern of the person to actually practicing the speech and how to improve.

Make reading Gurbani a regular routine in your life and you will notice the difference. Read and understand, you will see a lot of improvement.

WJKK WJKF everybody!

I just have a simple question to ask does Meditating help control anxiety ?? I have a shy type of personality i dont open up to easily... I believe it might be caused by my anxiety!....help a brotha out !

i can relate to your dilemma. Suffered and still suffer many years of anxiety, and suffer to date. ive just put it down to karm now. work helped where i was regularly exposed but if it wasn't everyday i would could go back to square 1, sweating, blushing etc when speaking or being centre of attention. its horrible and unless ppl have been there they wont understand, just like any illness i guess. i was referred to counselling years ago but never took it up, maybe thats an option for you?

Im glad you bought this up.

I used to have this issue bro

* Breathe slow, take a lambaah saas open the throat passage wider till you feel the havaa going to to the tidh chest out pause two seconds then come back up. You may find the vocal changes a bit too..

* Keep sangat

* Seva ( and or engage public ie help a granny cross a rd)

* whatever meditation you do paaji is always good for you.

* If you eat sweet n processed stuff bro keep it minimal.

* If anybody puts you down, family friend or foe recognise what has happened. Nobody has a right to judge you. You are here with precious time on this earth to shine brother.

* Work or home life take a fwd role in problem solving

* when you get stronger you will find in a funny moment outside you suddenly have the ability to crack a joke with random people you dont even know.

* dont worry chillax and enjoy life travel, meet friends, explore, hang out with folk who make you feel better without compromising who you are. If any man puts you down (because its their habit) you tell em to buzz off!

Hey Dessi

i too deal with anxiety all the time. Pm me sometime singh. But yes meditation does help, it helps alot more if you meditatae frequently. there sa technique called 427, you breath in slowley counting four, hold your breath for two and then release slowly for 7. You could try that out. There are also other uses that are simpler to try which is things like hypnosis and binaural beats. Listening to them before going to bed is very usefula nd common. Alot of people find this very helpful.

I hope this helps you

PS: There is a lot of hypnosis information of google and there are tons of hypnosis links via youtube

If you click on the link there should be other there too

Fateh

Some Very Good advice by the posters above, especially Shastaar ji's and Wing 23 ! :biggrin2:

I seriously suggest such a holistic and natural approach to these issue for everyones physical and mental wellbeing.

We lose too many youth to drugs and liquor because they have to tackle a few little insecurities, anxieties, shyness, lack of confidence, self esteem...etc...etc..

The 'quick fix' of intoxicants and even most prescription meds is never good in the long run.

Thanks alot guys for the help! Really appreciate it :) ! ill try hard to follow the advice u guys gav me but iv meditated for the last 9 days and i feel great ! Jus 1 more question it might be a bit off the topic of anxiety but tht moment u start feeling this energy in ur mind and body whats really goin on ? iv even started tearing up? im really new to naam simran so it would b great to know more about it! Thanksss a ton!

WJKK WJKF everybody!

It can but some feel it alone can but I feel you need more then that you need to change the way you look at life, life philosophy, eating habits and sleeping patterns - perhaps the people you are around aswell