Chaur Sahib

Guest singh

Gurfateh Jio

I was watching a sevadar doing chaur sahib seva over Guru Ji and the divaan hall was cold. It got me thinking that should we really be doing chaur sahib seva over Guru Ji in the cold weather? Shouldn't we be providing warm air and not cool air?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Vaheguru

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

1)

It is done out of Respect as per Tradition.

In ancient India, when the king or other supreme authority held a public audience, a horsetail whisk ('chaur') was always waved over/around him; it was done to show respect. This practice continues to day when Sikhs hold Gurdwara: they wave the chaur over the Siri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo to show respect.

2)

It is done to keep flies or insects away without any harm.

Nowdays jokers have installed Insect killing machines even inside Sri Harmandar Sahib, Amritsar which is against Gurmat.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Gurfateh Jio

I was watching a sevadar doing chaur sahib seva over Guru Ji and the divaan hall was cold. It got me thinking that should we really be doing chaur sahib seva over Guru Ji in the cold weather? Shouldn't we be providing warm air and not cool air?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Vaheguru

Why have rumallas ? Why have chanini-canopy ?

Why have a manji- throne ??

If you think it is about ''keeping the right temperature'', then you have got the completely wrong idea !!!

Singhbj, i know what you mean about the mosqito/fly zapping machines.......but we have to think about disease and hygiene.

Do you really want to have parshad that has fly droppings in it or maybe dead mosquitos ?

If you know someone that has lost a loved one to something like malaria, then you will comprehend the advantages of having these insect zappers !

First Prakash Purab of Shri Adi Granth Sahib Ji was on 1st September, 1604.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji installed Adi Granth at Harmandir Sahib Ji and Baba Buddha Ji was the First Granthi ji.

Since then Saadh Sangat has survived without Insect killing machines so why can't we ?

If there was any need then Guru Sahibaan's or their Sevaks would have adopted Makhi Maar tool like shown in Attached Image in addition or instead of Chaur Sahib.

post-10438-0-99563700-1385377181_thumb.j

First Prakash Purab of Shri Adi Granth Sahib Ji was on 1st September, 1604.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji installed Adi Granth at Harmandir Sahib Ji and Baba Buddha Ji was the First Granthi ji.

Since then Saadh Sangat has survived without Insect killing machines so why can't we ?

If there was any need then Guru Sahibaan's or their Sevaks would have adopted Makhi Maar tool like shown in Attached Image in addition or instead of Chaur Sahib.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh,

But a chaur was the sign of royalty from many a time before the Guru Jee's so "adopting" a makhi maar tool is not really the same when thinking about showing Maharaaj respect.

At first I did disagree with the fly sticker patches but on the other hand the egg situation and its diseases are showing up more in society eg Malaria, so should we try to maintain Suchaam for Maharaaj as much as possible?

Bhull Chukk Maaf

Gurfateh.