Sikh War Movies

gills1

Today I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if Hollywood make a movie on Sikhs battles that we fought during 1600 - 1800. Cover great Sikh Martyrdoms happened during that era. Movie should have a budget similar to TROY, ROME, 300 etc. It will be the best mean of parchar about our history.

SGPC has so much money can't they hire a hollywood movie director and make such movie. Everyone praise Spartans but Sikh are no less than Spartans and we should showcase our history on a larger scale.

Someone should take initiative to produce such a movie and everyone can contribute as much as to make a historic movie.

What are your thoughts on this?

Today I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if Hollywood make a movie on Sikhs battles that we fought during 1600 - 1800. Cover great Sikh Martyrdoms happened during that era. Movie should have a budget similar to TROY, ROME, 300 etc. It will be the best mean of parchar about our history.

SGPC has so much money can't they hire a hollywood movie director and make such movie. Everyone praise Spartans but Sikh are no less than Spartans and we should showcase our history on a larger scale.

Someone should take initiative to produce such a movie and everyone can contribute as much as to make a historic movie.

What are your thoughts on this?

I agree with you Sikhs have a very rich and unparalled history that we should all be proud of. It is howwver a shame that we have been unable to convey this history to the wider Sikh and Non-Sikh population a well made film with top effects and good director in the style of 300 or Troy would indeed be a great thing. The most intresting thing is that the director of films suchas "The Immortals" was Tarsem Singh,,,efforts should be made to approach him and run the idea past him about a Sikh war movie, although I dont even know if he himself is a practising Sikh..

But as far as SGPC go...forget about that corrupt organisation ever providing funds for any worthwhile Sikhi causes. They raise so much money from sangats donations..but where does it go ? Do you ever see them doing anything useful with it ?

Personally I recomend if you go to india do not give your daswandh or donations to the SGPC Gurdwaras, instead seek out the familes of 1984 victims or Dharmi Faujis who are in need of money and help for their childrens education Or if you are in the UK etc then instead of domating to the building funds fir Gurdwara "party halls" donate directly to SOPW or SAS - Sikh Awareness Society, Sikhs For Justice etc.. Actual charities that do worthwhile seva.