Sign in to follow this  
GPS

Missionaries Infiltrating Uk Sikh Organisations

GPS    1,310

This following was posted on a heretic site singhsabhacanada. *Some elements* of Akhand kirtani jatha has been controversial on its stand towards bani of Dasam pita.

Now they are supporting missionaries brigade on a phoney seminar under leadership

of panthpreet. None of them have any academic credentials for becoming expert on calendarical

science.

1384216_589427397783310_705184235_n.jpg

• Like 3

N30S1NGH    2,987

AKJ tapoban (senior gurmukhs like kulbir singh, balpreet singh - member of canada sikh body and senior gurmukhs of AKJ) should be made head of all AKJ affairs abroad it appears not only AKJ UK is supporting missionaries but they are also "radicalizing" innocent sikh youths on facebook. Nevertheless, any jatha or samparda (regardless of how popular or panthic it is or claim to be) if they are radicalizing sikh youths or promoting radical approach/fascism among sikh diaspora should be investigated both internally by sikh bodies and legal bodies.

Edited by N30S1NGH
  • Like 1

chatanga    1,068

i knew this calendar would be bad news for the Panth. Ever since it has been introduced it has done nothing positive for the panth buty has created further divisions. There was no crisis that needed such a calendar to to solve it.

Best thing it to get rid. A-Sap.

• Like 3

Jonny101    4,072

Is there a site I can read about the Bikrami callender and how it works. I have been unable to find a detailed article about the Bikrami calender.

As for AKJ UK, they seems to be on a different level than their North American counter parts who are opposed to missionaries/kala afghanists.

• Like 3

Mahakaal96    245

All just government agencies working together to cause divide in our panth and to undermine puratan traditions. I think AKJ UK got bigger problems to deal with after that video of 1 of their members having sexual activity with 2 men on camera was spread around the whole world. Maybe if they read charitropakyan bani from Sri Guru Dasam Granth Sahib Ji they would not commit such acts.

Edited by Mahakaal96
  • Like 4

sat    536

Just follow SGGS ji, then we dont need to follow any modern jathebandi :biggrin2:

• Like 3

N30S1NGH    2,987

Just follow SGGS ji, then we dont need to follow any modern jathebandi :biggrin2:

Also add to that veer , follow sri guru gobind singh maharaj's baaz nature which maharaj tried to tell us both physically and symbolically...Baaz/eagle have 360 view of the whole world not confined by any road block- anything, compare to frog who confines its vision of world to its- pond/tunnel.

Edited by N30S1NGH
  • Like 4

ssinghuk    110

I read the following thread a long time ago and would recommend it to anyone who wants a detailed veechar on both calendars. Bhai Kulbir Singh's comments are spot on I think:

When the Sardar Purewal's Nanakshahi calendar came out, I was in full support of it and all these years, I have been supporting it but couple of years ago, since the SGPC revised this Nanakshahi calendar, I have been reading and researching the calendars and the outcome has been as follows:

1. The only deficiency that I can find in the Bikrami calendar is that it's 22 minutes longer than the current more accurate solar calendar. This results in a day's difference after 72 years or so. If the Bikrami calendar is inaccurate by 22 minutes, then the scholars should sit together and adjust this calendar by 22 minutes, as they had done in 1964, when they adjusted the length of this calendar by few minutes. The solution to the 22 minute time difference is not adopting a totally new calendar. This problem can be solved by adjusting the length of the Bikrami Calendar.

2. The argument that sometimes the Bikrami calendar Gurpurab dates result in Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee's Gurpurab appearing two times in a single English calendar and sometimes not appearing at all does not hold too much ground because it's not fair to judge the Bikrami calendar by the standards of the current solar calendar. It's like comparing oranges and apples. The fair comparison would be to compare 3 years of Bikrami calendar with 3 years of solar calendar to see if the number of Gurpurabs in each calendar are equal or not. To compare it every year is not a fair comparison because the Bikrami calendar adjusts itself to the solar calendar every 3 years.

3. I am extremely impressed by the wisdom of the Indian scholars who came up with this hybrid solar-lunar calendar – the Bikrami calendar more than 2000 years ago. This calendar so diligently keeps both solar and lunar considerations in one calendar. When a Gurpurab is celebrated, it keeps in view the positions of the nature e.g. the position of moon, weather etc. In a pure lunar calendar, they may be able to keep the position of the moon but they can't keep the position of weather but in this calendar you can have both positions – weather and moon. Spiritually it makes no difference what the position of the moon is or what the weather is but if we want to celebrate Kattak-Pooranmashi Gurpurab of Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee as per the Bikrami calendar, then we can relate to the account listed in our Janamsakhis about the natural conditions at that time. With other calendars, this is not possible.

4. The newly adjusted SGPC calendar is a disaster. Some Gurpurab dates are as per the Bikrami calendar and some as per Sardar Purewal jee's Nanakshahi calendar. Either they should have left the original Nanakshahi calendar as is or they should have adopted back the Bikrami calendar.

5. Having said that, I think more important than any calendar is the unity of Panth. Nanakshahi calendar divided the Panth because all segments within the Panth were not taken into confidence when implementing this calendar. The original Bikrami calendar should been left rather than adopting the new one and causing a severe disunity in Panth. Now too, they should scrap the new adjusted SGPC Nanakshahi calendar and adopt the Bikrami calendar. Disunity should not be allowed at any cost. The issue of calendar is not a maryada issue or some spiritual issue. Then what was the need to make this change originally and cause such disunity in the Panth?

Some of my Gursikh friends will be shocked to read what I have written above because all these years, I have been a staunch supporter of the Nanakshahi calendar but in the light of more knowledge, contemplation on this issue and considering the unity factor in the Panth, I have reached the conclusion, written above.

Bhul chuk dee Muaafi jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,26674,26778#msg-26778

Jonny101    4,072

The issue of calendar is not a maryada issue or some spiritual issue. Then what was the need to make this change originally and cause such disunity in the Panth?

That is a good point made. The calendar issue is not a dharmik or maryadha issue. Kala Afghanists/missionaries trying to make it into a matter of Sikh Dharm is ridiculous to say the least. Unity of the Panth is more important than any new calender. Instead of Kala Afghanists/missionaries holding conferences on this calender issue causing disunity, wouldn't it be better if they hold conferences about the issue of youth apostasy (patitpuna) problem in the Panth today? or female infanticide problem? these are more pressing issues than some calendar.

• Like 2

Mahakaal96    245

I don't agree with those people saying our calender has nothing to do with maryada or spirituality. As someone has said the Prakash of Guru Nanak Dev Ji took place on the pooranmashi of khatak, therefore this date changes every year and is determined by the position of the moon. Many people will dismiss this but Baba Nand Singh Ji gave the sangat a viddi that is spiritual in nature and can only be performed on the pooranmashi of khatak.

The changing of the month on sangrand also has an impact on our spirituality as highlighted in bara maha. These are all dates that are dependant on the movement of the moon and cannot be set in stone or judged by the movement of the sun. Vaisakhi is based on this as well. Holla mohalla is always celebrated a day after holi according to puratan maryada, holi is set according to movement of the moon.

And the most important thing of all is that mahraj themselves used bikrami calender in bani. The nanakshai calender should be scrapped, all the puratan samparda of nihangs, nirmala, udasi and sevepanthis and these groups respected branches such as taksal, nanaksar, rara sahib, harkowal and others all still use bikrami calender to the best of my knowledge. It's only SGPC, missionaries and other man made jathas that use the nanakshahi calender.

GPS    1,310

Pal Singh Purewal was a factory worker and had no knowledge about science of calendars.

He imposed a flawed calendar on sikhs.Sikh leadership was stupid to accept it. No religion

in the world follow solar calendar but purewal gave us solar calendar which is a copy of

calendar followed by Indian Govt calendar.

Moreover his calendar starting date is sometime 500 years after birth of Guru Nanak dev ji.

Pl see the views of calendar expert Col nishan in these videos

http://www.sikhnet.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4327

• Like 1

S1ngh    1,346

Calendar issue is just another tool. The root of the problem is Jatha vs. Jatha.

However, i am not sure but i think the pr looks like a fake one? Their website is not online.

luckysingh99    1,143

The calendar issue is probably more about politics and especially when the nanakshahi was introduced.

• Like 2

GPS    1,310

The poster is not fake. It is real and is being touted by missionaries all around. Akj.org website is becoming

defunct.That is what happens when wrong people take control of affairs.

taran0    461

It seems shocking !

considering some of the oldest AKJ UK members where the ones who educated the youth on dasam granth and charitropakhyaan

they really don't realise that the same people they are supporting are supporting the people who are saying jaap sahib isn't bani which would render their Amrit non-existent.

one of the main families that was doing parchaar against the akj uk members who beleive in dasam granth and stopping people from doing kirtan - well one *deleted*

now if that isn't enough to prove that charitropakhyaan is a valid and true representation and social commentary of sexuality in modern kalyug then i dont know what will open their eyes and make them look outside the window and see how much sexual deviency, rape, grooming and abuse is going on around them.

I wish the praatan akjs were still alive they would not be happy.