Kundalini Yoga And Yogi Bhajan

Guest Paul

Hello dear friends! My name is Paul, i`m from Russia. I do my research on Yogi Bhajan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbhajan_Singh_Yogi

) and would like to hear from authentic sikhs their opinion on this man and the legend behind him.

So may I just put some questions here:

1. Is there any real parampara, is there any chance to know not from 3ho books about Sant Hazara Singh or any other teacher that Yogi Bhajan claim to have

2. Karam Kriya (numerology), SatNam Rasayan (healing) and white tantra are invented by Yogi Bhajan?

3. Is it possible to get such name Siri Singh Sahib is sikh tradition?

4. Are sikhs ok with sikhism as taught by Yogi Bhajan? (mantras, yoga, 3ho gurudwara, white color clothes..)

5. From the book of dr. Trilochan Singh Sikhism and Tantric Yoga a found that sikh gurus are against all yogic practices, is there a chance to find such strokes it in scriptures?

6. Is it true that son of GuruNanak Dev, Baba Shri Chand, was a yogin which rejected fathers path, but one day gave his blessings to GuruRam Das?

Thank you all and blessings

Please share your knowledge or send some links on that subject

There are plenty of topics and threads where all of these questions have been discussed.

I think you should give your opinion if you want some healthy discussion.

The main problem is that a lot of people seem to mix kundalini yoga and 3ho as a part or core of Sikhism. No one actually says that ''If you want to be a Sikh, then do it our way the 3ho or kundalini way''

As far as Yogi Bhajan is concerned, I can't be critical or be slating him because he is not here to defend himself and I never actually met him.

with reference to your questions above -

1. Is there any real parampara, is there any chance to know not from 3ho books about Sant Hazara Singh or any other teacher that Yogi Bhajan claim to have

2. Karam Kriya (numerology), SatNam Rasayan (healing) and white tantra are invented by Yogi Bhajan?

3. Is it possible to get such name Siri Singh Sahib is sikh tradition?

4. Are sikhs ok with sikhism as taught by Yogi Bhajan? (mantras, yoga, 3ho gurudwara, white color clothes..)

5. From the book of dr. Trilochan Singh Sikhism and Tantric Yoga a found that sikh gurus are against all yogic practices, is there a chance to find such strokes it in scriptures?

6. Is it true that son of GuruNanak Dev, Baba Shri Chand, was a yogin which rejected fathers path, but one day gave his blessings to GuruRam Das?

1- No, I don't think so. But then again very few people of those times had work that was published !

2- No, they are not invented by him but maybe the methods he used were adapted in his own manner.

3- Not as far as I know. There is nothing official about Siri Sahib being given as a title.

4- Wrong question, because I don't think he tried to teach his own version of Sikhism. He used gurbani as mantras instead of the Vedic mantras that were in traditional yoga.

5- You should read gurbani and especially Sidh Gosht. From this you should find that Guru Nanak Devji had a lengthy discussion with some yogis but he did NOT ever once claim they were not enlightened, instead he gave the idea and suggestions that they don't have to be recluse and hiding away from society to find the God within us.

Yes, there are many references to claiming blind rituals and practices of yogis, but there is never any suggestion that they are all pakhandis or very far away from God.

And I don't for a minute think that other Gurus rejected yoga completely because Guru Arjan Dev ji gave us the example of How real Yoga should be really practiced ???

Answer- By sitting on a tatthi tavi or hot plate is the real yoga pose !!!

6- not too sure about this story but I don't think that he could have blessed Guru Ram Das ji.

Paul yoga has its pro's but "Door to liberation" (Tenth gate) or Mokh Duar cannot be obtained by self effort.

Dasam duar can only open through Waheguru's grace.

Harbhajan Singh Puri was an extra ordinary leader, yogi & bureaucrat who made big impact in lives of Americans.

I was told by an acquaintance that Yogi Bhajan was a follower or associate of

<banned site filter activated>

Eventually they parted ways.

in my point of view sikhi and yoga are different aspects ..both these things have nothing to do with each other...yes as a sikh you can do yoga as same as like you do brush everyday and many other regular activities as you do in a day..but whoever makes any relation of sikhi with yoga or yoga with sikhi will really be a purest form of IGONORANT GUY OR GIRL

YOGA- means UNION or Unite with God or the supreme conscious.

Therefore, there is nothing wrong with yoga it is just the methods that can be misleading as stated above by singhbj. Because any forced yoga moves or mantras will not open or awaken your dasam duar or kundalini.

Therefore Sukiji, it is incorrect to say that yogahas nothing to do with Sikhism. It is just soe methods of the yoga that the Gurus highlighted and questioned.

in my point of view sikhi and yoga are different aspects ..both these things have nothing to do with each other...yes as a sikh you can do yoga as same as like you do brush everyday and many other regular activities as you do in a day....

I feel the same way.. its just another exercise nothing more..

Yoga is good for your general well being. I can't see how it can make you more devoted to waheguru alone.

However, this is where the yogi incorporated gurbani into it as mantras and kriyas.

But a non-Sikh does not become a Sikh just by doing kundalini yoga and neither does one become a better Sikh by doing that alone.

Once you understand this, then maybe you could try yoga and see for yourself !!!