Marriage Help Please

Guest JJ

Hi,

My family are a bit traditional and want me to marry a guy from the same caste (jat) - I eventually met a really nice Sikh Jat guy but when we told the parents (early on) his nani had an issue - she has the same surname as me and is from the same village as my dad's ... As far as my grandparents can see we're not related...is this more a cultural thing or is it a definite no no????????????

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

So you future mother in laws Nanake are at your pind , so she will be marrying her son to her Nanka pinds daughter.

So her sons soreh (in laws), will be at her nanke, it depends how you families look at it, for me its a no but i am old fashioned and love is blind, dont know what sikhi/Gurbani says but i am sure, learned Gursikhs on this forum can help as for punjabi culure spoke to a few older people and they said a no no but could not say why, just that its not done, but you should speak to your elders it does not matter what i or others think, Gurbani should be first and yours and his family next.

you have two options either follow your fuc**** punjabi culture or follow your sikhi with your heart. But never be Hypocrite.. Its more important these days rather than castes if you girls see the Guys are they really sikh guys? I mean they are Sardar or not? If not? It would be just a marriage with cutsurd guy not to sikh guy .