Caste System Causing Problem In Love Marriage.

Guest Sid1313

Guest Sid1313

Sat Shri Akal Sariya nu.

I am a sikh and i met a girl(sikh) a month ago and i love her and so does she. we are kinda great match n similar in many aspects. we understand each other so well. Everything was going well and i told her once to tell her mom about me because i did not wanted that she should meet me by lying to her mom n come hiding every time to meet me. Basically i didn't wanted that she looses her mothers faith in her(thats whats most important in a daughter and mothers relationship). So she did tell her mom and first everything was okay and her mom told her after knowing my caste and i am not a PR of Canada that just end it right here with me and no more meeting,talking,texting. I really love her and respect that she cant go against her mother because her mother has gone through a lot in the family just because of her kids, so she doesn't want to take any step which will go against her mother from relatives sides. I respect and understand her decision of obeying her mom but why is this caste system causing problem?? I thought sikhs are either 'Singh' and 'Kaur' and guru nanak dev ji apposed the caste system then why are many sikh family still into this caste thing?

She will not see me coz her mom told her to focus on studies for 3 years and its not the right time n moreover i m from different caste.

I and she didn't wanted to get married until we both completed our studies and become something in life but just coz of this caste thing she cant see me or hangout with me. She talks to me thou.

I told her to tell her mom that i wanted to talk to her so that i could sit and explain her how much i love her daughter and i m not marrying her or crossing my limits with her before marriage. I also wanted to tell her that we are not getting married until we finish our studies and become what we want to but she refused to talk to me.

I and her our suffering coz her mom thinks that if her daughter gets married to me then their families respect is finished forever and society and relatives will trouble them and taunt them every time about her daughter marrying a guy of different caste.

What the hell is all this? Even in this century people r thinking like this?

I understand this might not be the right age but why cant we see each other or hang out? Its hard not the see the girl you love the most.

Does anyone can help me in this that how should i take my next step or tell me your opinion?