Bbc One Must Watch -Sikh Girls Groomed By Muslims

Hammertime007

And my sister. It's been mentioned on here before that a lot of Punjabi girls have low self-esteem and that is why it is easy for predators to prey on them. I have found this to be true. Unfortunately, most Punjabi families do favor the boys over the girls. Furthermore, girls need a strong male in their lives, someone they can look up to, someone who can show, by example, the way a real man acts and behaves. They need to be close to this person as well, to know that he loves and cares about them. Obviously my dad wasn't able to do it, not because of gender issues, he treats us all the same, but because he has always remained emotionally detached for most of our lives. So I did it.

My sister describes me as her "best friend", and I am glad. Every brother, especially the older ones, should be close to his sister, not only to protect her, but also to guide her. My sister tells me EVERYTHING, and yes, this includes her crushes/guys she likes. The important thing is not to be a dictator, not to lecture her about how wrong it is or how much of an <banned word filter activated> she is etc... Crushes are normal when you're growing up, no one can control the way they feel, but we can all control the way we act. So I never chastise her for her feelings towards a boy, instead I remind her that we all have to make the bed we sleep in, that there are very real consequences for what we do, every action has a reaction and she needs to figure out what is important to her and stick with it. We both know of people who sleep around, do drugs, poorly in school, I just tell her that it is her choice about which side of the fence she wants to be on, certainly no one else can force her to behave a certain way. Like I said before, being a dictator isn't going to help, give your kids/younger siblings the tools they need to make the right decisions on their own, it will keep them safe for life.

So yeah, other than that, we have very similar personalities so always spend a lot of time chilling/hanging out together, I help her out with school, we really do get along like best friends. I've talked to her about the whole muslim grooming thing, she listened to me because we are close and she values what I have to say, had I been a dictator big brother it likely would have gone in one ear and came out another. And now I feel comfortable knowing that even if she moves away for Uni, she will be able to steer clear of this problem and come back safe and sound. Oh and one last thing, to guys with little sisters, they pay a lot of attention to the way you treat other women. If you're a womanizer/wanna-be-pimp, they will think it is okay for guys to treat them like that. Treat other girls the same way you'd want a guy to treat your sister.

you hit the nail on the hEAD !

older generation punjabis were always taught to keep emotions hidden, and fulfill your duty - which they do like soldiers - but they aren't able to share things emotionally or tell their kids they love them, because of all the crap they have had to go through in life

all kids want is their elders and parents to spend time with them , be their friend and value them

If you want to advise a young person or steer them on what to do in life - YOU HAVE TO FIRST EARN THEIR RESPECT AND TRUST !

If the police really wanted to do something about this. They could set up sting operations around the country and even infiltrate these sexual grooming gangs. But this type of crime is not one of the top concerns for them. The idea is not to go after those who do it, but those who supply the means. Break the network and these giddars will not know which direction to run in.

If the police were interested they could map out where cases have occurred in a city and even predict where the next attack will most likely occur. Victim reports can tell which areas the groomers are taking the victim and which areas they were first approached by the disgusting pigs. All this information can be mapped out and then produced into data which shows patterns.

Policing in BC used the mapping design to counter gang wars in BC. A task force was made and anyone that was a gang member was put on a list. Police officers showed up at bars, clubs, local gyms, and at the gang members residence. Guess what happened. Gang activity has gone down as the police started to disrupting the gangs network.

A similar approach can be taken by normal citizens by mapping it all out. Humans are creatures of habit. Humans are comfortable taking routes and going to place that we are familiar with. These pigs are no different and when they commit these crimes, they are doing them where they feel most comfortable. Which means in areas where it is mostly dominated by Muslims. Victims are also being targeted at the same sites or similar sites.

So in these areas start putting up posters and make other visible aids that potential victims and the surrounding community can be aware of what is happening. This will be a constant reminder, which will stick with them. Gather in these areas and make your presence known. Advice the community of where they can get help if such pigs approach their daughters and sisters.

you can watch full documentary here

The above link didn't work for me, it lagged a lot and wasn't good quality, if anyone else experiences the same problem, here is an alternative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StoCC0E3KgQ

I just wanna thank Sikh Awareness Society from the bottom of my heart for getting justice for the 16 year old girl in Leicester, as well as working with the BBC to put this documentary together, it is a huge eye-opener, especially for us Sikhs here in Canada and down in the US. Just showed it to my sister, she watched the entire thing and then gave me a big kiss on the cheek :)

Next step I'm gonna go talk to my Gurdwara and as well as well as the Gurdwaras back in my home city, a lot of Gurdwaras here to Katha Darbar for the little kids, the one in Surrey on Scott Road is really popular, I'll talk to them too and see if they'll play it, the more people who see this, the better our chances to make sure North America never goes through the same things the UK has. There are people who have said that Canada/USA are 20-30 years behind the UK, that we are now where the UK was in the early 80's, well in 20-30 years I will have children and they will be high school/University aged, I want to protect them, and the only way to do that is for all of us here in North America to recognize and identify the problem now, educate the youth, Islam is now the fastest growing religion in Canada, Muslims in the 2011 census were 3.2% of the population and Sikhs were 1.4%, in 20 years Muslims will make up around 8% of the Canadian population, let's tackle these issues now before they get out of hand. I suggest everyone else in Canada and USA as well talk to your local Gurdwara about showing this documentary at a time when the majority of the visiting sangat will be able to see it.

got this off the SAS facebook page .... it makes sense, we need to let more and more of our panjabis know and be aware and the best way is to to do it on a sunday when everyones at the gurdwara

1010316_506535466107493_1684866908_n.png

--------

We need your help ! Since the recent BBC documentary highlighting the targeted sexual grooming of Sikh girls, the SAS has been inundated with messages of support and people volunteering their help. It seems that our community has been concerned about this issue for a long time, but this concern has fallen on deaf ears. We have a chance now to make a change and protect our children for the future - Awareness is the Key! but its up to us.

We need you to be proactive. Petition your local Gurdwaras and community centres and Sikh Societies to host SAS Awareness seminars and pack these events out with members from the local Sikh Community. These seminars will benefit not only the Sikhs, but will benefit the wider community through raising awareness and educating people of all ages about the dangers of these sexual predators.

We can discuss this issue of sexual grooming, make everyone aware of the danger and also share the ways in which we can prevent these horrible atrocities.

Please be proactive and once you can agree on some dates contact events@ssasorg.co.uk to book a seminar. Thios will also give us a chance to meet all of you and get everyone involved. We are looking forward to protecting and serving the community with your assistance.

BHai Mohan Singh, SAS

This is City Sikhs Networks statement - they are very left and in denial in some areas, have said good things in other areas

The City Sikhs Network is appalled by the sexual grooming of Sikh girls and young women by men of Pakistani origins as reported on BBC1′s Inside Out on Monday evening. Such harrowing acts sadly take place within many communities, as the recent cases in Oxford, Leicester and Telford have shown. It is imperative for all people, regardless of background, to tackle sexual abuse and help the victims of grooming.

However, these are not the acts of religious people. These are the acts of criminals, purely and simply. No religious text supports or condones child sexual grooming, and anybody who commits such acts cannot be said to be a member of a religious faith. They are criminals who should be punished severely by the justice system.

The City Sikhs Network is also adamant that the children who have been groomed in this way are not to blame for such acts. We need to support young people of any background who have been subjected to sexual grooming in order to protect such individuals, and we ask all people who have been affected by this to come forward and report such acts to the Police to prevent any further criminal acts.

If you are a victim of sexual abuse or grooming, ChildLine provides confidential support 24 hours a day. Please visit www.childline.org.uk or call 0800 1111.

For further information about the City Sikhs Network, please visit www.citysikhs.org.uk.

Param Shameful as always - disgrace like when hent on the tv

Param Singh We live in a country which values freedom of speech and where people are free to express their individual thoughts , ideas, concepts, visions, research and knowledge. Every persons perspective is different in some ways. Difference is a good thing because it is how people and society develop and grow.

Param Singh We live in a country which values freedom of speech and where people are free to express their individual thoughts , ideas, concepts, visions, research and knowledge. Every persons perspective is different in some ways. Difference is a good thing because it is how people and society develop and grow.

What is the above quote supposed to mean? It's just a collection of words in a coherent sentence but doesn't address the issue at hand.

This is City Sikhs Networks statement - they are very left and in denial in some areas, have said good things in other areas

The City Sikhs Network is appalled by the sexual grooming of Sikh girls and young women by men of Pakistani origins as reported on BBC1′s Inside Out on Monday evening. Such harrowing acts sadly take place within many communities, as the recent cases in Oxford, Leicester and Telford have shown. It is imperative for all people, regardless of background, to tackle sexual abuse and help the victims of grooming.

However, these are not the acts of religious people. These are the acts of criminals, purely and simply. No religious text supports or condones child sexual grooming, and anybody who commits such acts cannot be said to be a member of a religious faith. They are criminals who should be punished severely by the justice system.

The City Sikhs Network is also adamant that the children who have been groomed in this way are not to blame for such acts. We need to support young people of any background who have been subjected to sexual grooming in order to protect such individuals, and we ask all people who have been affected by this to come forward and report such acts to the Police to prevent any further criminal acts.

If you are a victim of sexual abuse or grooming, ChildLine provides confidential support 24 hours a day. Please visit www.childline.org.uk or call 0800 1111.

For further information about the City Sikhs Network, please visit www.citysikhs.org.uk.

A month ago Param Singh was arguing with us calling us racists for even mentioning this issue - today i asked him why he didn't believe us and it took the BBC to do a documentary for him to acknowledge it and he replied with i never denied it and islam isn't evil - to which i replied no one is saying that we just saying there's a problem and how are we going to deal with it

then i asked him what does he and Shitty Sikhs see as the way forward to help the community in this aspect and i'm still waiting for a reply. the Shitty Sikhs Network don't represent or reflect the Sikh community anyway so i don't think anyone cares about what they say and doubt they will do anything to help the situation other then turn up to a few meetings and be the token turban people to give the impression of diversity.

as for param, I mean come on whos guna take him seriously after "take me out"