Adultery In Sikhism: What Should Be The Consequences In Sikh Maryada?

Guest Gareebfakira@gmail

Guest Gareebfakira@gmail

Sat Sri Akal Ji!

I was searching on the above topic to prep for my case, to present to the Judge, how Sikhs look at adultery.

As sikh we are thought to be faithful only, but what happen if one of the partner commit adultery?

How is it should be handled in Sikh Maryada?

My case, I went to India to get married as professional living in US, I was cornered in every direction and strangely with my own relative. (crazy).

After getting married (Lava), the girl was acting strange, I'm not accustom to indian/punjabi culture and I thought its normal in arranged married.

Fast forward she arrives in USA, pregnant, she told me it was my baby, she leaves me when the baby was 1 month old after making false allegation of domestic violence (I was locked up while she sweep my belongings). Her family keep saying she's going thru something and will be back, soon they stop picking my calls.

I decided to file for divorce and requested paternity test, which resulted zero probability of me being biological father.

In one of our court battles, she claims that she had extra marital affair when she was in India, the reason was she was lonely. (I think, she's full of sh**, she had a plan and she had lover, I was just her ticket to US, anyway)

I'm trying to research a respond how do we look at adultery in sikhi and the consequences of adultery in sikhi.

If someone is found committing adultery how do you handle the situation in Sikhism.

Do we gather the community leaders or family involve or just behead the cheating partner with kirpan (I will prefer sawing off the head, more agonizing).

But really, do we have rules, how do we handle the estates, financials and how do you know if the partner genuine and regret about their mistakes (I'm not referring to my soon to be ex wife), how or what should be proper methods or way, beside of western court.

Muslims have their syriah law. Catholics have their own something..what about sikh. Thanks

Gurfateh ji

Maharaj also says the small time the persone commiting adultery has pleasure he/she will suffer thousands of days of hell.

Also commiting adultry before marriage is a bajjar kureit on which an Amritdhari Singh/Singhni must re-take amrit from panj pyareh via Peshi (amrit ceremony for retakers.) and in which they tell the panj pyareh and they do ardaas and then take amrit again.

So long story short yes your ex-wife will pay for what she has done ever this janam or the next.

Mohkam Singh and Mrkhalsa, do you define adultery as the physical act only?Im just thinking of Jesus saying fornication in the mind is as in the flesh.

Kaami desires; whether physical or in the mind, will lead to narak. If one dies with Kaami thoughts on the mind, then they will get the joon of veshva. Any physical indulgence of adultery; pollutes the mind, and gives rise to punishment by Dharm Raja...

Waheguru...

Gurfateh ji

Maharaj also says the small time the persone commiting adultery has pleasure he/she will suffer thousands of days of hell.

Also commiting adultry before marriage is a bajjar kureit on which an Amritdhari Singh/Singhni must re-take amrit from panj pyareh via Peshi (amrit ceremony for retakers.) and in which they tell the panj pyareh and they do ardaas and then take amrit again.

So long story short yes your ex-wife will pay for what she has done ever this janam or the next.

Per its definition, adultery can never occur before marriage. Illicit relations can occur between unmarried people; adultery cannot.

And, no, I've done either. :omg:

Although, what's the concensus (in terms of Sikhi or even Panjabi culture) on an engaged female (or male) partaking in physical relations with someone other than their intended? That's really poor isn't it?

Guest amreeka_ch_kale

Sat Sri Akal Ji!

I was searching on the above topic to prep for my case, to present to the Judge, how Sikhs look at adultery.

As sikh we are thought to be faithful only, but what happen if one of the partner commit adultery?

How is it should be handled in Sikh Maryada?

My case, I went to India to get married as professional living in US, I was cornered in every direction and strangely with my own relative. (crazy).

After getting married (Lava), the girl was acting strange, I'm not accustom to indian/punjabi culture and I thought its normal in arranged married.

Fast forward she arrives in USA, pregnant, she told me it was my baby, she leaves me when the baby was 1 month old after making false allegation of domestic violence (I was locked up while she sweep my belongings). Her family keep saying she's going thru something and will be back, soon they stop picking my calls.

I decided to file for divorce and requested paternity test, which resulted zero probability of me being biological father.

In one of our court battles, she claims that she had extra marital affair when she was in India, the reason was she was lonely. (I think, she's full of sh**, she had a plan and she had lover, I was just her ticket to US, anyway)

I'm trying to research a respond how do we look at adultery in sikhi and the consequences of adultery in sikhi.

If someone is found committing adultery how do you handle the situation in Sikhism.

Do we gather the community leaders or family involve or just behead the cheating partner with kirpan (I will prefer sawing off the head, more agonizing).

But really, do we have rules, how do we handle the estates, financials and how do you know if the partner genuine and regret about their mistakes (I'm not referring to my soon to be ex wife), how or what should be proper methods or way, beside of western court.

Muslims have their syriah law. Catholics have their own something..what about sikh. Thanks

I just can't believe someone can do that. I am also working in the US and my parents are trying to arrange a marriage. How do you get to know someone is not using you as a piggy back to come to US? No way. Hard to peep into someone's brain. Girls in India nowdays are too cunning, even Sikh girls.

My views - Having a physical relationship after marriage is so bad. Honestly, we have always been taught not to indulge in all this. As a result, I never followed girls and now I am 27 and my parents are trying to find me a bride. All my friends were having fun while they were 19-20 while I used to say them its not good. Are we as sikhs too backward to accept premarital relationship ? Also, I have this fear in mind that the bride my parents will arrange may have have had boyfriends/ physical relationship with other people before marriage while I never did that. May be I am too old fashioned.

I just can't believe someone can do that. I am also working in the US and my parents are trying to arrange a marriage. How do you get to know someone is not using you as a piggy back to come to US? No way. Hard to peep into someone's brain. Girls in India nowdays are too cunning, even Sikh girls.

My views - Having a physical relationship after marriage is so bad. Honestly, we have always been taught not to indulge in all this. As a result, I never followed girls and now I am 27 and my parents are trying to find me a bride. All my friends were having fun while they were 19-20 while I used to say them its not good. Are we as sikhs too backward to accept premarital relationship ? Also, I have this fear in mind that the bride my parents will arrange may have have had boyfriends/ physical relationship with other people before marriage while I never did that. May be I am too old fashioned.

No bro, you are NOT too old fashioned. Live honourably and the right girl will love you and respect you for holding onto your principles.

Adulterors go to hell. People don't realise the demons that await us and even come to us while we're alive. Trust if people knew what is out there they wouldn't even think twice about committing adultery- even lusting after someone who is in a relationship before marriage is bad enough.

The thing is that the devil loves fooling people into believing he doesn't exist so many people live thinking there will be no consequences for their actions- until it's too late.