Hatred Of Sikh Girls

Guest gkaur

Guest Pacific_Drift

"Sat"

A Sikh has to be Amritdhari. One doessn't naturally become a Sikh. An individual has to take the first step. A person can only associate himself or herself to the Sikh religion, once that person becomes a Sikh.

We should stop trusting the everyday Punjabi

Guest Gurpreet Kaur

I think the blame goes for this goes both way.

First I want to say that the boys that you are talking about are punjabi boys/men, not Sikh boys/men. You can tell the difference between the two from miles. Sikh boys will not easily talk to girl and even if they are it is on just friend basis. It the punjabi boys who go around drinking, smoking, hitting on girls.

Unfortunately, most girls are attracted to that. But there is also a distinction here. Most girl who are attracted to such boys are themselves punjabi girls not sikh girls. I am also sorry to say that at one point in my life I used to be the same. It is not the blame of anyone, but my own. I was born in India but grew up in the United States. I wanted to fit in and I knew in order to fit in with the other kids I needed to look them. My parents would never allow me to cut my hair but I shaved and waxed. I did not understand the importance of keeping my self pure. But as I grew up, I put in the effort to learn about Sikhism, I have read books, I have done research and made up my own mind my following the Sikhism path. And Now, I can't even think about shaving or waxing. I get a disgusting feeling in the pit of my stomach, like Wahaguru is watching me and is disappointed in my choices. I choose to follow the sikhi path because I want to be able to look my self in the mirror and call my self a Kaur. I am proudly say my name is Kaur and that I deserve it. It took a lot of effort to get where I am today. It is sad to see the hold modern society has on us these days, controlling what we wear and how to think. But the reason my thinking is changing is because of me, my parents didn't put their beliefs on to me. They tired like many parents, but a person has to make their own choice and many choose to become westernized.

I used to fantasize about a clean shaven guy as well. But now I know that I will never be happy if I am not with a Sikh, full turban and beard guy. Both the guys and girl need to understand what they want. There are still girl who want Sikh guys and girls who want just Punjabi guys. Know the difference and decide what you want out of your life and out of the life you build together. It is two way street, blaming just one sex is in itself being a sexist. The only person you can and are allowed to put the blame on it yourself.

Sikhi might be dying due to many become westernized but who is the blame for that. If we do not teach our self and our peers about what is important about being a Sikh then who are we to judge that others. The people - girl and boys - that we are judging might not have been taught these things. Rather than poking fun at them and judging them, follow the true Sikhi path and educate them. To be Sikhi is about learning and teaching, the guru spent all their lives trying to teach us and we should do the same. it is about teaching yourself, teaching other to be better today then you were tomorrow. We do not have to be perfect, no one is perfect but what is important is every religion and Sikhism is learning from said mistake and becoming better.

On a side note: Please note that become westernized always does not being being a bad Sikh. I keep my hair, do not shave and such but still wear trendy clothes. I follow the fashion world and dress myself according to days fashion. There is a way to be part of the today's world and society and still hold on to the values that were taught to us by our Gurus. Sikhism isn't about living in the old ways. To me Its about keeping in the core values while living in today society.

First I want to say that the boys that you are talking about are punjabi boys/men, not Sikh boys/men. You can tell the difference between the two from miles. Sikh boys will not easily talk to girl and even if they are it is on just friend basis. It the punjabi boys who go around drinking, smoking, hitting on girls.

Unfortunately, most girls are attracted to that. But there is also a distinction here. Most girl who are attracted to such boys are themselves punjabi girls not sikh girls. I am also sorry to say that at one point in my life I used to be the same. It is not the blame of anyone, but my own. I was born in India but grew up in the United States. I wanted to fit in and I knew in order to fit in with the other kids I needed to look them. My parents would never allow me to cut my hair but I shaved and waxed. I did not understand the importance of keeping my self pure. But as I grew up, I put in the effort to learn about Sikhism, I have read books, I have done research and made up my own mind my following the Sikhism path. And Now, I can't even think about shaving or waxing. I get a disgusting feeling in the pit of my stomach, like Wahaguru is watching me and is disappointed in my choices. I choose to follow the sikhi path because I want to be able to look my self in the mirror and call my self a Kaur. I am proudly say my name is Kaur and that I deserve it. It took a lot of effort to get where I am today. It is sad to see the hold modern society has on us these days, controlling what we wear and how to think. But the reason my thinking is changing is because of me, my parents didn't put their beliefs on to me. They tired like many parents, but a person has to make their own choice and many choose to become westernized.

I used to fantasize about a clean shaven guy as well. But now I know that I will never be happy if I am not with a Sikh, full turban and beard guy. Both the guys and girl need to understand what they want. There are still girl who want Sikh guys and girls who want just Punjabi guys. Know the difference and decide what you want out of your life and out of the life you build together. It is two way street, blaming just one sex is in itself being a sexist. The only person you can and are allowed to put the blame on it yourself.

Sikhi might be dying due to many become westernized but who is the blame for that. If we do not teach our self and our peers about what is important about being a Sikh then who are we to judge that others. The people - girl and boys - that we are judging might not have been taught these things. Rather than poking fun at them and judging them, follow the true Sikhi path and educate them. To be Sikhi is about learning and teaching, the guru spent all their lives trying to teach us and we should do the same. it is about teaching yourself, teaching other to be better today then you were tomorrow. We do not have to be perfect, no one is perfect but what is important is every religion and Sikhism is learning from said mistake and becoming better.

On a side note: Please note that become westernized always does not being being a bad Sikh. I keep my hair, do not shave and such but still wear trendy clothes. I follow the fashion world and dress myself according to days fashion. There is a way to be part of the today's world and society and still hold on to the values that were taught to us by our Gurus. Sikhism isn't about living in the old ways. To me Its about keeping in the core values while living in today society.

LOL...I hope if you follow the fashion world ,your trendy cloths do not show nudity or vulgarity or indecency of you.. Infact I have read sikhi is done with simplicity... :biggrin2:

Sikhi will never die the day that happens the world/universe will end, so you can forget that idea, a few dumb kids getting westernised does not constitute to the end of sikhi, our forefathers were slaughtered for centuries but sikhi never ended, instead the people/empires who tried to destroy us ended themselves !!

Pacific drift

You can still follow Guru ji and call yourself a sikh even though you have not taken amrit, but this has to be the goal without this yearning inside for the daat of amrit you can not class yourself as a sikh, although Guru jis door is open to all, you can fool the world but you can not fool him.

LOL...I hope if you follow the fashion world ,your trendy cloths do not show nudity or vulgarity or indecency of you.. Infact I have read sikhi is done with simplicity... :biggrin2:

Following the fashion trends does not mean one has to dress vulgarity. Anyone one who think that if they show nudity, they are being fashionable is kidding themselves. I dress every modestly and simple while using items from todays trends.

Sikhi will never die the day that happens the world/universe will end, so you can forget that idea, a few dumb kids getting westernised does not constitute to the end of sikhi, our forefathers were slaughtered for centuries but sikhi never ended, instead the people/empires who tried to destroy us ended themselves !!

Pacific drift

You can still follow Guru ji and call yourself a sikh even though you have not taken amrit, but this has to be the goal without this yearning inside for the daat of amrit you can not class yourself as a sikh, although Guru jis door is open to all, you can fool the world but you can not fool him.

I completely agree. For me the goal is taking amrit, but I do not want to take amrit if I am not ready. I feel like the decision need to be a final one. I want to be completely read for the responsibility that come with taking amrit. I am still learning about sikhi and what is required of me. While I understand that everyone's goal should be that, I also feel that taking amrit just to fit in and "class yourself as a Sikh" without understanding the implications and responsibility does more harm then good. Taking amrit is a blessing which I hope to achieve in my lifetime, but until I am completely read I will not be doing.

I completely agree. For me the goal is taking amrit, but I do not want to take amrit if I am not ready. I feel like the decision need to be a final one. I want to be completely read for the responsibility that come with taking amrit. I am still learning about sikhi and what is required of me. While I understand that everyone's goal should be that, I also feel that taking amrit just to fit in and "class yourself as a Sikh" without understanding the implications and responsibility does more harm then good. Taking amrit is a blessing which I hope to achieve in my lifetime, but until I am completely read I will not be doing.

This is were a lot of people go wrong, you have to ask/ beg for the amrit and when Guru ji is ready to give it too you he will call you and you will have to go ! it can take years ( took me 20 years of Ardas to finally be given amrit). others receive it very quickly, This is Guru jis decision alone, but asking/ardas and yearning are key, dont forget the panj pyare gave their heads it does not come at a low price but is priceless.

To say i am preparing is ok, but begging at Gurus feet is a different thing all together. But keep learning about sikhi and the yearning will grow stronger.

Gurbani says in Anand Sahib ji, when Waheguru ji is ready he sends you to the Guru to receive amrit :respect:

Following the fashion trends does not mean one has to dress vulgarity. Anyone one who think that if they show nudity, they are being fashionable is kidding themselves. I dress every modestly and simple while using items from todays trends.

achaaa ji.........fe ta boht changi gal a..

Guest London Singh

I'm someone who used to be mona. I wear a pagh now but I do trim my beard (maybe one day I will stop)

Anyway I have got more female attention since wearing the pagh! It makes you stand out and accentuates your face and eyes more. Salman Khan looked better as a Singh, Preiti Zinta never complimented his looks apart from the movie in which he was a sardar. There's an actor called Piyush Sahdev and he got more female fan mail when he played a sardar.

You must look in the right place for your other half. Try the gurdwara, not clubs!

There are a lot of gursikh girls out there as well. Keep fit and walk proud like a lion!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jaspreet

you are completely blaming the girls and thats not right.There r many sikh guys who have their head hair but cut their beards, and do u think this guy will accept a girl who doesn't waxes her arms, hands and legs?? nope!never! he will just hate to be with a woman full of hair. and there r many many guys like these...who have their head hair and cut their beards to look modern and handsome.70 % boys who have head hair , cut their beards dude and they'll not want a hairy girl.