Hatred Of Sikh Girls

Guest gkaur

It really saddens me to see so much criticism and hatred against “sikh” Punjabi girls in this forum from our own brothers.

Most of the posts end up with sikh guys blaming girls as not respecting our culture, becoming easy targets for non-sikh and rejecting sardars etc etc.

It is very disheartening reading the picture you have painted of them based on your “extensive studies” and it has compelled me to write a few things...

First and foremost if you are truly following sikhi then you will be aware that ANY GIRL (not just Punjabi or sikh) are supposed to be viewed as your sisters or mothers.

Sikhi does not encourage that you go around hitting on girls and have gfs before marriage- it is a form of lust, it is kaami and it is one of the 5 chors- full stop.

I see posters advocating sikh guys go find girls from other backgrounds and religious beliefs.

Really, are you that desperate for girls and relationships? (Don’t forget that if you are amrithdhari then you have to marry into an amritdhari/gursikh household).

Consider for a minute that maybe you’re wasting your time, effort and resources chasing the opposite sex and are forgetting why we were put on this earth for.

You are chasing after a body which will deteriorate and rot in the ground one day and forgetting that which will always be eternal.

Have some faith – waheguru will put the right girl at the right time for you, try to trust in him.

Now most of you’ll say that u want to get to know a girl before getting into a commitment and insist that you won’t do anything physical, that your motives are pure (whatever way you choose to justify it).

You complain that so many ‘sikh’ girls turn you down because of your turban and beard – question yourself which girls are you asking in the first place.

Yes I agree there are SOME Punjabi girls that do and say the most disrespectful things against sikhi just as there are some punjabi boys. BUT don’t confuse ‘Punjabi’ with ‘sikhi’- they are two different things.

Just as you toss aside ‘mona’s’ as being non-sikh these are the female version. Turn your attention away from these superficial girls and just maybe you’ll be able to see a ‘sikh’ girl. (btw sikh girls probably won’t easily go out, anyways)

From the posts that I have read that discredit sikh Punjabi girls – most of the posters themselves admit to have non-punjabi and non-sikh girlfriends, which leads me to believe that it is form of validation and justification strategy more to themselves and to others.

Others think they are doing parchar of some sort by dating non-sikh girls supposedly teaching them about sikhi, when in fact most of them will be the reason why sikh values will be diluted in the future when their kids have mixed beleifs or no interest in sikhi.

You pride yourself that in many wars Sikhs with turbans saved girls from being raped and slaughtered – are you their descendants where you are now throwing dirt on our own sikh sisters?

Don’t worry about what the other public’s views are of sikh girls, you should not share the same view. You are not doing anyone any favours posting about crap others are supposedly saying; actually your sexist views may be pushing these girls further away.

Some even go to the extent to question if Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave sikh females too much respect? – it’s unbelievable that guys with such backward thoughts are taking our religion into the future. Learn to appreciate women- this is sikhi.

If you pride yourself as being sikh – then make sure you follow and live the life of SIKH rather than bending sikh rahet to suit you.

Understand true nature of sikhi at its core and lead by example – let your actions be what defines you.

At the end of the day if you keep complaining about non respecting punjabi girls, that’s what you will end up seeing.

Instead of complaining about such girls why don’t you celebrate the true singhni’s and singh’s out there?

You need to increase your tolerance level of ignorant people and learn to be a better Sikh yourself.

I repeat lead by example, show others so much love that your charisma attracts others to you rather then chasing after or trying to change others.

Interested to read others views- girls and guys both.

There is nothing wrong with marrying someone of another faith- Guru Nanak said no Hindu no Muslim, God is One. There is no religion, only Truth- remember that Sikh means student. Sat is His naam so we are students of Truth.

Many men are too quick to point the finger at girls, but in Truth we're equal, na roop na rekh na rang- so for a man to think they are above a woman is maya- as we really are nothing- no image, only love- Nirboah and Nirvair. This is how we become lowest of the low- as ego has no place on this path.

Thank you for this post, I too have been saddened by the amount of negative posts about Punjabi Sikh girls. our Sikhi is all about treating women with respect but some people seem to have forgotten about that and are more likely to respect women of other groups as they are willing to date. they've become influenced by the culture of romance and dating being the most important thing to strive for. Hopefully there's enough men with their own minds to realise you can't judge all based on a few bad apples. Would be nice if they spoke up on this forum as these hateful comments have put me off looking at the site.

Guest I love Sikhi

I have really sympathy for you my dear...but somehow I do feel too sikh women are themselves responsible for their own criticism by sikh guys. ...I m an hindu student of punjab university in chandigarh and I had decided to do survey after studying sikhism how it is rich in its culture and every should be proud of that thing He or she is sikh....Even though I want to be sikh too later in future.I think I was born to be sikh.

okayy when I did survey with some of my friends in my whole university, The result shown that 75 % sikh girls preferred their bf's and husbands as clean shaved. 20 % sikh girls preferred their bfs and husbands with turban but no long beard..and only 10 % sikh girls preferred their dream boys as saabat surat sikh guys ..The most interesting thing in those girls was that they were all baptized sikh girls wearing turbans or covering heads with sort of cloth.

So I can definitely say the problem that is making huge gap in singh and kaur is not in the baptized sector of sikhi..The problem is occurring in the non baptized sector of sikh guys and sikh girls.. where sikh girls are more attracted to worldly things...and I don't blame sikh guys in such cases..Their frustration is obvious because this issue was limit to the sikh circle but now it has become a major issue and every other community knows that somehow sikh girls dont like sikh guys seem to be true on the bases of turban and beard of sikh guy....If I try to find rishta for my elder brother in the news paper in hindu section I m not getting right now. but I just look for a minute in sikh section.the highly educated sikh girls are not only preferring clean shaven sikh guys..but they also add a line with it "They dont care of religion too."// so the frustration and negative attitude of sikh guys for sikh girls is obvious now and they have to face it for her own faults..

and you just pointed out the mine point that sikh guys asking their Gurus why did they give so much respect to sikh girls..if I ask to sikh guys the same thing over here they will say " if a sikh girl herself does not want to see her Gurus look in the look of their bf or husband then they really she does not want to be respected by her own acts.

I have seen most. sikh girls mocking at the faces of sikh guys standing in the middle of us hindu guys .. and that is a very important fact that sikh guys are really being respected by other girls...

But at last in my point of view..A sikh should marry to sikh guy..A sikh should think of his/her sikhi before he or she falls in love with other guys or girls...Sikh youth is behaving really weird today.. They should wake up ..being outsider I can feel how am I unlucky I dont have sikhi..but I would get it soon..

Guest I love sikhi

There is nothing wrong with marrying someone of another faith- Guru Nanak said no Hindu no Muslim, God is One. There is no religion, only Truth- remember that Sikh means student. Sat is His naam so we are students of Truth.

Many men are too quick to point the finger at girls, but in Truth we're equal, na roop na rekh na rang- so for a man to think they are above a woman is maya- as we really are nothing- no image, only love- Nirboah and Nirvair. This is how we become lowest of the low- as ego has no place on this path.

so what do you wanna say? if sikhism comes to an end in future you would not mind?? I am an hindu guy and I Believe Sikhism came as Almighty's call in that period when there was a great confusion between Hindus and muslims. and Dont forget if sikh means student..then he is a student of teachings of sikhi.. and Sikhism is the real and closest path to have God.and Sikhism is not a religion..it was a revolution started by Guru Nanak ji and maintained by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.. If I am an hindu guy and I am an honest guy to my life..I would say if you are seeking a truth ..Truth lies only in shri Guru Granth Sahib ji..A holy bulk of teachings of Gurus..

We need more Singhni's and Sikh girls to come forward and speak out about issues such as these. Sometimes one gets the impression they just don't care about things that don't affect their lives directly.

I can appreciate where Sikh guys are coming from, even those who aren't after anything salacious. I can see it's a pretty huge diss for Sikh girls if a Sabat Soorat Singh finds a non-Sikh girl, gets her onto the path of Sikhi, and they both live a Sikhi lifestyle; I'd be pretty miffed at that as well if I was a Sikh female. :biggrin2:

I m an hindu student of punjab university in chandigarh...Even though I want to be sikh too later in future.I think I was born to be sikh.

I am an hindu guy and I Believe Sikhism came as Almighty's call in that period when ...If I am an hindu guy and I am an honest guy to my life..I would say if you are seeking a truth ..Truth lies only in shri Guru Granth Sahib ji..A holy bulk of teachings of Gurus..

being outsider I can feel how am I unlucky I dont have sikhi..but I would get it soon..

Welcome to Sikhsangat brother. I was also a Hindu when I joined here in 2003, and Guru Sahib blessed me in 2004. I wish you had come here back then when we had a genuinely inspirational atmosphere and also members. These days its just...never mind, stick around a few days (if not hours) and you'll find out.

Let me know if you want to talk online sometime, please register an account and message me. We can share our experiences and learn from each other.

Today A Singh cheated by Kaur, what is he feeling today I have mentioned below with a song:)

O Koi Dil Nu Chareet Geya
O Koi Dil Nu Chareet Geya
Ni Tu Mainu Ehnj Shad Gayi
Jidda Akhiyan Mein Meet Gya
Sade Naal Rahi Tu Beeba Likdi Phaardi
Sadi Dora Tut Gayi Ni Teri Guddi Char Gayi
Phul Murajye Kidh Gaye Ne Rutt Aa Gayi Kaisi
Tu Kinni Badal Gayi , Singh Desi Da Desi
Ni Teri Utthni Bhaini , Hun Vaddya Wargi
Ni Tu Baali Sheti ,Taraki Kar Gayi
Sadi Ta Jawani Ni Watta Tey Gaal Gayi
Sadi Ta Jawani Ni Watta Tey Gaal Gayi
Tu Rakhi Camry aa , Gore Thalley massey
Tu Jeana Paundi aa Mera Ohi Pajama
Tu Bethe Gaddiya Ch Mere Thalley Yamaha
Jeede Tey Beh KeTu Beeba Ghumdi Sey Zamana
Tu Pavve Tops Swagat Da Mere Tey Khahki Kessi
Tu Behke Jhaaja Ch Mera Bhull Gayi Gadda
Jithe Ambian Khadian C Ni O Shad Ta Addaa
Pubba Te Clubba Ch Tu Pegg Lavve Wadda
Tu Heer Punjaban Eaa Ni Tere Ranjhe Perdesi
Tu Duniya Vekh layi Ikali Ne Firkey
Mein sahr v Javva Jey Mera Bapu Chidkey
Ni Tera Vigard Mahol Geya ,Ni Asi sammbhe Virse
London De Bajara Di Kaur Ho Gayi Bhetti

Being sardar ,,I say Sardars don't go for Girls... Most of the sardars have their priority is SARDAARI .Girls Can be their Second preference and it has been rightly said "Har Sardaar nu kudhi ta mil jandi par har kudhi nu Sardar nai milda" I don't know how dared you to write these useless assumptions like We got low confidence that we don't approach sikh girls..Being proud to be sardaar we can obviously less in romantic attitude as compared to our own girls because they are not carrying any sardari .they are looking like as same as like other girls. Except baptized girls . We are known as shying and cute guys....We love our pagh..love our look..Those who feel they are in less confidence and try to get girls,..most of them get haircut..

and don;t mind all other guys like non punjabi.Hindu ,muslim,south indians and many more always chase to have Sikh girls because they know sikh girls are beautiful but They are very easy to groom , easy to take. easy to flirt. You said Are we desperate ? I think sikh girls have made us desperate .

"Gera wich kedha dam c,,,Sanu ta apnya ne lutya".

come to punjab,,infact everywhere sikh girls have more boy friends rather than sikh guys have girl friends..and most of the sikh girls have clean shaved sikh guys even when the sikh girls have their father and brother are Gursikh .

and the last line of you omg whats wrong with you? why should we show a chrshma when we are already showing with our holy and trustworthy personality. Every non sikh guy or girl ask us for help anytime.

and for your kindly information,There are many records which show sikh girls are busy in searching their boy friend and life partner before their marriage as compared to sikh guys.

Don't you see how an Anand Kaaraz has become a joke for sikh girls. when they come to marry with their muslim or hindu or south indian boy friends in the Gurudwara?

You say it makes you sad..but please try to feel the pain of those Gursikh guys too who are being refused to accept by modern kaur.. I am one of them.. There not some of girls,try to accept this.Most of the sikh girls have been moved to clean shaved sikh guys..Movies are produced,songs are produced,seminars are done to wake up the sikh girls these days..are they mad? No

Every woman plays an important role in the life of every man. without woman we cannot make the world. without the help of woman, a man cannot be a successful person in his life and this Woman in sikhism forms the base of its existence. Today if base is getting corrupted by show off mirror of the world. how can you think that other things will not be corrupted in sikhism..

please try to be united with us otherwise hypocrisy of sikh woman will lead to the end of sikhism in punjabi people soon.
Anyways I must say if every sikh girl would think like you .Conflicts will not arise..

I'm now growing my hair out and wearing a pagh.

Even when I was a complete clean shaved mona I would get rishtas from girls who had pagh wearing Dads and brothers. The Dad's and brothers didn't mind at all.

There was one girl who I was set up with who had a Singh dad, she said she only wanted a mona because when a Singh takes his pagh off there is a colour contrast on his forehead where the sun has not hit. What an idiotic reason.

These are not the kind of girls you do not want to marry anyway.

Having said all of that I have seen a lot of Singhs both full dhari and trim dhari get married to some great girls.