Do Moneh Have The Right To Ask Sikh Question Or Talk About Sikhi?

DalbirSingh

Does a moneh or trimm singh have the right to ask questions or talk about sikhi? I see people shutdown moneh and trimm singhs all the time on various social networking sites such as twitter, facebook, other sikh forums who reveal themselves to be a moneh.

People tell them to shut their mouth and go keep kesh and that they have no right to even talk about sikhi until they do that. What about for he who is without sin cast the first stone? Shouldn't we be non judgemental of moneh aren't we demonising, alienating, and pushing them away if we do so.

Should we step in and stop someone doing that or is it good we push moneh like that since the gurus rigorously tested singhs as did older singhs to really step up to it. Perhaps if we were more respectful to moneh they would hijack sikhi and start their own manmat things like go on gurdwara stages and promote nightclubbing events.

How about with Sikhs who don't follow our version of Sikhi who might drink a bit of wine time to time to get over depression or eat meat perhaps they suffer from health issues and need extra protein and don't get enough from all the vegetarian sources. Do they deserved to be shut down and told to keep quiet about sikhi? Should they be told not to preach it or get on stages to talk about sikhi? Is sikhi only for men in saintly guises? I remember hearing about nihangs in nanded hazoor sahib refusing to give prasad to people who trimm their beard or their hair, the prasad is only for keshdharis.

I've heard people say only a gursikh can do katha otherwise these "lost" sikhs will do kintu printu "confuse" people.

Have a read of what a guru pyareo said on the fb feed of this post:

Sonya Nayun Im a innocent Sikh..I don't drink smoke or eat meat. I pray whenever I can I work for my money. I do roles at the gurudwara but for my fashion I cut my hair...does that mean I'm not Sikh?

Sonya Nayun Sikh is Sikh mona or not. Sikh with a turban who drink alchol and smoke drugs and eat meat why should they have more rights?

UK riots what a time, peoples businesses were destroyed and sikhs who were standing outside protecting their gurdwaras also protected mosques, I remember seeing on live internet feeds muslims talking about converting sikhs then, on one feed mocking sikhs saying they carry knifes and are terrorists. Some muslims came on sangat tv, one muslim told everyone watching over that sikh channel (sangat tv) to the rest of the country to embrace islam and sangat tv didn't edit it out even though they were on a small delay and had time to take it out.

Other muslim guys took the time to flirt with sikh girls standing outside while we had facebook groups with sikh girls flirting with them. It was shameful and then a muslim channel was talking about making special conversion dawah packs to give to sikhs after their fasting ended to convert them. Not to also forget the presenter of the sangat tv who was standing outside the hospital saying allah hu akbar on sangat tv after a prayer ended of one muslim guy dying.

But besides the point we seem to find people saying those who don't keep kesh aren't sikh and anyone who ain't sikh has no right to speak about sikhi and when it comes to questions we also find a sense of individuals being fearful they might cause offence and individuals who respond to any question with anger, especially when they can't answer it.

I believe that if we want to become Gursikhs than we should start out as not viewing people as Kesh-Cuters any less than those who keep Kesh, One the original Panj Pyare used to be a barber, and also Bhagat Sain, Kesh could make you more holy, however to be enlightened it takes more than just keeping Kesh, everyone who ever converted to Sikhi used to cut their hairs, and if we actually taught the Sehajdhari today maybe they will change as well. Guru Ji did ask as to keep Kesh, I understand that fact completely; keeping Kesh can only be done if someone knows why they are doing it.{Bhagat Singh kept his Kesh after meeting Bhai Rahinder Singh, Bhagat Singh stated that he only kept his Kesh in the first place was because of his family traditions, prior to meeting Bhai Ji he kept his Kesh.} So we should at least give them a chance maybe they'll change, I used to be Sehajdhari because I didn't like to follow blind faith; but learning more about Sikhi and Bhai Taru Singh I have kept my Kesh; even once I kept my Kesh I feel like there is still so much to learn, maybe Waheguru just brings people to the truth at the right time. However, if you want to truly follow Sikhi and follow your Guru, and continue mediation, if you understand why we keep Kesh you probably should do it

Sikh is always a learner. So no matter where you are in the ladder, always try to improve your Sikhi lifestyle. If one is a monah, it does not mean he should not do Paath. He should do Paath in fact I would say Nitnem and should refrain from eating meat or drinking alcohol(trust me these rehits may seem difficult but they are easy). Sikhi is all about improving yourself. Take it step by step. Myself, my whole family were Monay at one time but thanks to Guru Jee's apaar kirpa, we have all become Amritdharis. For us what got us into Sikhi was to always remember 1984 and listening to the words of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale(both his political speeches and spiritual Kathas). Always do Ardas. Remember Sikhi itself is a gift from Guru Jee. When doing ardas ask for "Sikhi Daan, Rehit Daan" with full concentration and Guru Jee will give you these priceless spiritual gifts.

It is no coincident that you are a Sikh. You have done great karmas in your previous lifetimes that you are now blessed with Sikhi in this lifetime. Now what you do in this lifetime will determine what will happen to you in future. You can waste it like the 7 billion people world wide who just marry, have kids, work from 9-5 or you can make something out of it by living in Grahisti jeevan and becoming a Hukami Sikh. Spend your lifetime in doing Paath, Simran, seva of the Panth. There is no better way to spend this manukhi jeevan our goal in this lifetime should be to have the divine Darshan of Vaheguru without which we cannot escape this endless cycle of life and death.