Sheikh Farid Of Gurbani

• 1 year later...

Myself Muhammad Talha Fareed Farooqi Chishti. i am Muslim.

from the family of Fareed ud din masood ganj shakar's eldest son Diwan Badr-ud-Din Sulaiman .

Fareed which you are talking about is Shaikh Ibrahim Farid Sani not Baba ganj e shakr.

we respect Sikhism.

That's really good that you are Muslim and are on this site to promote Islam to Sikhs.

The reason Sikhs are so proud of Baba Farid Ji (Brahm Farid Sani) is that Baba Farid Ji Maharaj believed 100% only in Gurmat and were totally non-Muslim and against Prophet Muhammad despite the danger of being killed for being an apostate from Islam. Many Sikhs in east Punjab claim descent from Baba Farid Ji just like you claim descent from the Muslim Diwan Badr-ud-Din Sulaiman from the best part of 800 years ago. Most Pakistani's have foreign ancestry I have often heard them say. Even some Pakistani Jatts claim they are descended from Arab Ansari families of Medina.

That's really good that you are Muslim and are on this site to promote Islam to Sikhs.

The reason Sikhs are so proud of Baba Farid Ji (Brahm Farid Sani) is that Baba Farid Ji Maharaj believed 100% only in Gurmat and were totally non-Muslim and against Prophet Muhammad despite the danger of being killed for being an apostate from Islam. Many Sikhs in east Punjab claim descent from Baba Farid Ji just like you claim descent from the Muslim Diwan Badr-ud-Din Sulaiman from the best part of 800 years ago. Most Pakistani's have foreign ancestry I have often heard them say. Even some Pakistani Jatts claim they are descended from Arab Ansari families of Medina.

I am very glad to recieve such a message from a sikh .

We also like guru nanak ji .I,myself, visited nankana sahib many times. Baba fareed ud din masood ganj shukar also respected nanak ji & sikhism.

His Identity is important because it changes the context of the messages aswell, especially in parchar because if we are being told about a man who was guru nanaks devotee things change compared to a muslim who went around converting infidels who is made out to be guru nanaks equal and for some muslims guru nanaks teacher where guru is taught to be inferior to him. The message impact change also changes the themes and tones of gurbani on topics such as meat for one or fasting or passing or devoution

Is not it sufficient for us that the kalaam under reference here is part of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji , how the context of teachings selected for us by our fifth Guru will change ? We recite Gurbaani with intent to understand the teachings contained in it and try to follow the path ( the way of Life as directed in gurbaani ) shown , and not read it critically as a timer pass

Is not it sufficient for us that the kalaam under reference here is part of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji , how the context of teachings selected for us by our fifth Guru will change ? We recite Gurbaani with intent to understand the teachings contained in it and try to follow the path ( the way of Life as directed in gurbaani ) shown , and not read it critically as a timer pass

Further to my prevoius post , Chishti is SEct which Farid ji belonged to , Farooquis are direct descendents of Baba Fari Shakarganj .As far my knowledge , Baba Farid ji was disciple of Khwaja Bakhtiar Kaki , Who in turn was disciple og Gharib Nawaz of Ajmer , Baba Bakhtyar Kaki was based in Hansi , while Baba Farid ji made Pak pattan his Base , after living for a while at Farikot . It is Said he passed on his baton to Hazrat Nizamuddin ( hailing from Badayoon in Present UP ) who established his base at a place near Delhi which is now in Delhi metropolitan area .Alauddin Quadri ,One of the Sons of Baba Farid Ji's sister was also his great disciple , who due to his self discipline was given subtitle as Sabri , made his base at Kaliyar ( Saharanpur District in UP) whose disciple are called Sabris .

Sheikh Ibrahim or Shaikh Brahm as described in Janam Sakhi, is not documented as Head of Chishti Sect in history books I read so far . If someone has read please give me the reference of such book , so I may also benefit from it. thanx

Further to my prevoius post , Chishti is SEct which Farid ji belonged to , Farooquis are direct descendents of Baba Fari Shakarganj .As far my knowledge , Baba Farid ji was disciple of Khwaja Bakhtiar Kaki , Who in turn was disciple og Gharib Nawaz of Ajmer , Baba Bakhtyar Kaki was based in Hansi , while Baba Farid ji made Pak pattan his Base , after living for a while at Farikot . It is Said he passed on his baton to Hazrat Nizamuddin ( hailing from Badayoon in Present UP ) who established his base at a place near Delhi which is now in Delhi metropolitan area .Alauddin Quadri ,One of the Sons of Baba Farid Ji's sister was also his great disciple , who due to his self discipline was given subtitle as Sabri , made his base at Kaliyar ( Saharanpur District in UP) whose disciple are called Sabris .

Sheikh Ibrahim or Shaikh Brahm as described in Janam Sakhi, is not documented as Head of Chishti Sect in history books I read so far . If someone has read please give me the reference of such book , so I may also benefit from it. thanx

• 6 years later...
On 2/25/2015 at 11:27 AM, FarooqiChishti said:

Myself Muhammad Talha Fareed Farooqi Chishti. i am Muslim.

from the family of Fareed ud din masood ganj shakar's eldest son Diwan Badr-ud-Din Sulaiman .

Fareed which you are talking about is Shaikh Ibrahim Farid Sani not Baba ganj e shakr.

we respect Sikhism.

The bani of fareed which is present in Sikh scripture is of Sheikh abraham, not of Baba fareed shakarganj.... 

Sheikh brahm became chela of Guru Nanak...........