Cold Shower Is Good For Health

tuhintuhin

Not if you have arthritis, cold water will make your blood vessel (which is terrible with blood pressure or old age) shrink up tight to avoid heat loss from your body to the point of death, cold water can lead to pneumonia, flu and so on. Cold water is brilliant in hot weather, cold water is terrible in cold weather and most of us live in cold weather.

Cold water is actually amazing in all weathers - one gotcha is cold Baths are way better than cold showers

Not if you have arthritis, cold water will make your blood vessel (which is terrible with blood pressure or old age) shrink up tight to avoid heat loss from your body to the point of death, cold water can lead to pneumonia, flu and so on. Cold water is brilliant in hot weather, cold water is terrible in cold weather and most of us live in cold weather.

On the contrary veerji you will see your immunity go up greatly. Try it on yourself.

Cold water is actually amazing in all weathers - one gotcha is cold Baths are way better than cold showers

On the contrary veerji you will see your immunity go up greatly. Try it on yourself.

Arthritis is an autoimmune disease (the immune system attacks the body) if someone has it and their immunity was to go up, then the arthritis will get even worse for them.

I don't live in India and I'm not interested in this kundalani yoga hardships or others which were taught against by Guru Nanak Dev ji, we don't need to inflict hardship on ourselves for our bhagati. Bottom line is just take a good shower, we have indoor plumbing back then people just had lakes to submerge themselves in, they didn't have a choice of temperature.

Veer Dalbir Singh - little knowledge is a dangerous thing :)

Autoimmune diseases don't necessarily mean you have very good immunity in general , there are 4 types of automimmune diseases , Rheumatoid arthritis is type 3 and caused due to anti IgG antibodies and also characterized by a deterioration in B cell count .

Other thing is we need to have an open mind - I am open to all experiments as long as they don't involve causing hurt (e.g someone telling me te eat beef only for a week) - I have felt tangible effects in my health since I started taking cold baths , especially before night they do result in deeper sleep and a more relaxed , more conducive to spiritual state of mind .

By taking cold baths I dont become a hindu kundilini yogi I hope :)

Bhul chook maaf , and I really liked your post about not every one who has differnent opinion is an ssgs agent ,

waheguru thuano thandak, mithas , pyar aur shanti bakshe !

Veer Dalbir Singh - little knowledge is a dangerous thing :)

Autoimmune diseases don't necessarily mean you have very good immunity in general , there are 4 types of automimmune diseases , Rheumatoid arthritis is type 3 and caused due to anti IgG antibodies and also characterized by a deterioration in B cell count .

Other thing is we need to have an open mind - I am open to all experiments as long as they don't involve causing hurt (e.g someone telling me te eat beef only for a week) - I have felt tangible effects in my health since I started taking cold baths , especially before night they do result in deeper sleep and a more relaxed , more conducive to spiritual state of mind .

By taking cold baths I dont become a hindu kundilini yogi I hope :)

Bhul chook maaf , and I really liked your post about not every one who has differnent opinion is an ssgs agent ,

waheguru thuano thandak, mithas , pyar aur shanti bakshe !

Thanks for the admiring the RSS agent thread.

So you now eat beef? I like to think I was open minded about it and people should try it, but people shouldn't punish themselves for being a bad sikh just because they can't handle cold water. To constrict your blood vessel tightly from cold water isn't going to help your vitamin b count go up.

No Go-pal cow-raiser? No go-vind?

I think you do have a good point about experimenting and overall people have experiments and given up cold baths it's just not entirely practical for everyone. You got to remember tap water is chilled at higher temperatures before coming through your tap whereas the gurus who bathed in lakes were bathing in water without artificial alterations in temperatures in extremely hot climate and in a particular time period where everything was physical and enduring people had to walk 5miles to get water sometimes and the whole day was full of labour.

ਠੰਡੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਜੋ ਨਹੀਂ ਨਹਾਵੈ

If he does not take bath in cold water,

ਬਿਨ ਜਪੁ ਪੜ੍ਹ੍ਹ੍ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦਿ ਜੋ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ (੨੫)

And without reading Jap Ji Sahib, takes his food,

ਬਿਨ ਰਹਿਰਾਸ ਸੰਧਿਆ ਜੋ ਖੋਵੈ

Without saying Rehras, passes the evening,

ਕੀਰਤਨ ਪੜ੍ਹ੍ਹ੍ਹੇ ਬਿਨ ਰੈਣ ਜੋ ਸੋਵੇ ॥ (੨੬)

Without reciting Kirtan (Sohila) goes to sleep,

ਚੁਗਲੀ ਕਰ ਜੋ ਕਰਜ ਬਿਗਾਰੈ ॥

Through slander he conducts his affairs,

ਧ੍ਰ੍ਰਿਗ ਤਸਿ ਜਨਮ ਜੋ ਧਰਮ ਬਸਿਾਰੈ ॥ (੨੭)

Cursed is his birth if he forgets the righteousness.

These are my fathers holy words...My father said cold water...He could have said lukewarm but he said cold water...

So you now eat beef? I like to think I was open minded about it and people should try it, but people shouldn't punish themselves for being a bad sikh just because they can't handle cold water. To constrict your blood vessel tightly from cold water isn't going to help your vitamin b count go up.

No Go-pal cow-raiser? No go-vind?

Hopefully this wont deteriorate into an ego battle - since English is not my first language probably I ended up not conveying myself correctly , I meant I won't do an experiement like eating beef However I am not opposed to salugtering cows to feed to starving kids ..if ofcourse we have nothing else to feed them

As you know by now I am a hardcore vegan and animal rights activist

I have swam in ontario lakes in early mornings and some of them are barely above freezing temp , so a little colder than water in your tub that will come out of the tap .

Also I didnt bring sikhi into question , its just a healthier practice - and anyways human bodies are way stronger than we take them to be - we just need to start getting out of our comfort zone a little . People can gradually start lowering the temperature until they have conditioned their brown cells.

http://www.normalbreathing.com/l-cold-shower.php

Dear god, these fundo nutters are completely mad. The water in Punjabi rivers is not ice cold like it comes out of showers here. Are you so stupid you equate your idea of cold water with that of what was going on centuries ago?

Panthicunity, you sound like a right Nazi. Anyone can go on the net and find stuff that agrees with them. Stop giving people bad advice just becuase it sounds good to you.