Guru Nanak Visit To Srilanka

Guest Harman Kaur

Guest Sarvjeet singh modi

Bhaji S S Modi Ji, blessed to do this fact-finding. May Waheguru bless you with success and keep sharing your findings with us please.

Thank you veerji

Guest Sarvjeet Singh Modi

Research Continues(PART-6)....

Finding the sweet retha was our biggest achievement. I thanked Waheguru ji for the special gift.

we asked the local people that "Are there any more trees like this one?", the reply was "No, this is the only one", while we were discussing with them, we came to know about the head of kurukkalmadam, who had written a book about Guru Nanak Sahib ji visit here, we felt good that there are people who are interested and are writing about our religion in Srilanka.

We went to those people ,had a good long discussion , They said that there were 2 Guru Nanak who came to Srilanka. We corrected that "No, only 1 guru ,Guru Nanak Dev ji came here".

We were facing a communication barrier, because we were not able to conversate with them in their local language.They were just focusing on 2 Guru Nanak, who came to Srilanka, They said "NANAK GURUNATH" came during the 2nd visit to Srilanka...

After a long Debate we explained them that it means "NANAK GURU KA NATH" and not Nanak Gurunath .

It was clear that they confused BHAI PAINDA JI as Guru Nanak.

Many years after Guru Nanak Dev ji visit to Srilanka, when our holy book "GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI " was being complied, Guru Arjun Dev ji asked Bhai Painda ji to go and get the sakhiyan from Srilanka.

We Debated long on this topic , we showed our Sakhiyan and other evidence to those people and they were very much convinced .Finally after that long session we asked our leave ,In respect those people presented us with a copy of the book.

Images of the book written by the head of kurukkalmadam

DSC04025.JPG

DSC04026.JPG

for more, visit : http://ssmodi21753.blogspot.in/

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, sri Vaheguru ji ki Fateh,

Sarvjeet paaji, I went on holiday to Sri Lanka late last year and in similar vein, tried locating the gurdwaras mentioned by Dalbir in an earlier post. I spent about 6 hours driving around columbo and talking to locals and could not find a trace of one of them.

I tried locating the tablet with Sri Guru Nanak dev ji maharaaj's mention/inscriptions in the various museums around anuradhapura. I was giving up hope when one of the older guides mentioned that there is a tablet in one of the smaller museums, unfortunately they were refurbishing that particular one and it was shut for a few months.

My guide in sri lanka was a real gentleman and shared my passion on finding our sikh history. He kindly drove all the way to baticola to try locate the udhasi gurdwara but still had no luck there (even after speaking to the locals). I am still in contact with him, and if there any leads please let me know, I can pass these on..

Additionally, pm me for details if you would like to get in touch direct :)

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji i Fateh!

• 1 year later...
Guest Hemant singh

Modiji, I am Hemant Singh from Delhi and happen to be in Batticaloa right now. How would it be possible to visit the place you found Gueu Sahib? I know exactly where Kurukjulmadam is. If you could give directions please so that we too are blessed.

• 11 months later...
Guest Kuhananth

Modiji, I am Hemant Singh from Delhi and happen to be in Batticaloa right now. How would it be possible to visit the place you found Gueu Sahib? I know exactly where Kurukjulmadam is. If you could give directions please so that we too are blessed.

I'm Kuhananth , I live in Kurukkalmadam , contact me +94715863650 email : kuhananth

• 4 months later...
Guest Prof Dalvinder Singh

I am visiting sri lanka from 23rd to 29th april 2016 to research places visited by Guru Nanak. Starting with Colombo and kotte on 24th I will be at Anuradhpurm on 25th visiting museum to study scripts. On 26th i will visit Betticoloa, dibar and kurukalmandm. there after visiting bedulla and nuwaraeliya I will move to Kendy and finally return to Colombo.

can i anyone suggest changes and give information about the places of visit of Guru Nanak in Sri Lanka.

prof Dalvinder Singh Grewal

1925 Basant Avenue Ludhiana 919815366726