Soul After Death

N30Singh ji seems to be on the same wavelength as per my understanding !

I don't think there is a person or deity such as Dharamraj, in the sense that we cant say dharamraj gives the order and account and he is dressed in ...? and looks like...?

In gurbani Dharamraj is used as a metaphor to explain this quality of Akaal purakh.

What is MOST important is to understand what the metaphor of Dharamraj actually does and how we should have an idea of where we would and should be on our own accounts based on good and bad deeds.

Scali ji, you also seem to have some good interpretations and I am surprised that you and others actually pay some interest to NDE's because I only learned of what it was and what it's about after having one myself and being in a coma for over a month.

Although I don't ever discuss it too much,-The most important thing is the Universal understanding and perception of everyone's feelings. The review thing makes you realize exactly how you may have upset or pleased others and you actually FEEL as well as understand their very inflicted feelings of joy,sadness,upset,anger.....etc.it's a little like reliving tha experience that you yourself caused for others !!

You also realize that We and God are ALL ONE !

I also understand that you can see whoever you made your personal guide and who you would have hoped to see at that moment when you are no more. -This can be Jesus or Peter at the gates, Moses, Buddha depending on your faith or any of our Gurujis for us and even departed loved ones like parents or grandparents that you held much more love for.

There is a point or entrance that you pass which defines the point of no return or the point where no one has an NDE and comes back, what happens after that NO ONE knows and will ever know.

Most NDE people are reluctant to open about there experience. But you realize it would be very helpful and unique to get any sikh/spiritual NDE. pl share important points if you can.A few hundred I have read that come to mind are

1)George Rhodonia MD/PHD Run over by car by KGB dead 3 days in Mourge- came back and explained he was an atheist, went to a very dark place no body just knew that he is there-finally wanted light, saw a pin prick and went into it was awed with GOD/lights message

2)Howard storm 3) Anita moorjani 4)Nancy daninson 5) Danion Brinkley........

• 3 years later...
On 23/7/2013 at 11:16 PM, 1984 Phoenix said:

WjkK WjkF

Sangat ji,

I wanted to know what happens to the soul when someone dies, does it stay to wonder through relative does it with draham raj? Answer with references to gurbani pls, as I have log conversations with some Singhs with lots of opinions.

If one does not do bhakti of Wahiguru, one looses the golden opportunity of human birth for reuniting ourselves with Him and falls again in the wheel of  84.

The Bani says: Bahut janam bichede Madhav, eh janam tumhare lehey.

Dhan Dhan Satguru Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj, tells us in His Bani of Raag Sorath :

bin satgur sayvay bahutaa dukh laagaa jug chaaray bharmaa-ee.
Without serving the True Guru, he suffers in terrible pain, and throughout the four ages, he wanders aimlessly .

Means, if we do not devote ourselves to Guru Jee, we shall again wander throughout the 4 yugas in the cycles of births and deaths.

He also tells us, what to do, in order to avoid the chaurasee ka chakar:

sabad marahu fir jeevhu sad hee taa fir maran na ho-ee.
Dying in the Word of the Shabad, you shall live forever, and you shall never die again .

He says, if we meditate or devote ourselves to the Shabad Guru Jee, we shall never be born nor die, because we shall become one with Him.

That is the wadeeayee of the Gurbani.

Sat Sree Akal.

The observer lives with us , inside us He is the chitragupt , the Dharam Raj , the Almighty and the One ... stories may give our brains space to create an expectation but all things are energy . NDEs I have read seem to point out it is the soul that is the impartial witness and also decides if the person has made it /deserves freedom. The conscience of the person gives account . As Guru ji  says Sabh kich ghar meh,bahar nahin , Bahar tole so bharam bhulai Our true home is our hirda , the seat of our soul - everything is there.

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

The observer lives with us , inside us He is the chitragupt , the Dharam Raj , the Almighty and the One ... stories may give our brains space to create an expectation but all things are energy . NDEs I have read seem to point out it is the soul that is the impartial witness and also decides if the person has made it /deserves freedom. The conscience of the person gives account . As Guru ji  says Sabh kich ghar meh,bahar nahin , Bahar tole so bharam bhulai Our true home is our hirda , the seat of our soul - everything is there.