Questions About Rehat

Guest sher singh

Guest sher singh

Hi There

I plan to take amrit soon I just have a few questions that I can't find answers properly...

Can we wear elastic kachera instead of naala?

Can we touch meat product and cook meat for others? (Not consuming it myself)

Do we need to do our nitnem before eating/drinking in the morning?

If we sleep late due to work & maybe even night shifts can amritvela be just the time we wake up?

Can amritdhari wear scents (cologne/perfume) and wedding rings, bracelets, watches?

Bhul Chuk maaf, don't mean to offend anyone :) Just need to clarify things before taking amrit

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

1) not sure , but as per Damdami taksal , it has to be with naala

2) yes you can touch meat product. we have wounds some times so shouldnt we treat them?

3) yes , in morning jap/japji sahib before eating drinking , in evening rehras sahib before eating

4) yes , however amritvela starts after 12 am in morning , if somehow you can do that its good

5) not sure on this one

waheguruji

after taking amrit . you will belong to waheguru and your saroop will be of our guru .

please think before doing anything wrong .

our hands are that of guru's

do good deeds with them :)

1. Don't know but it is better to wear one with naala . I think kachera with elastic will be same as regular underpants

2. You can touch meat but cooking for someone unless it is part of your job... You should avoid it because then you will be contradicting your beliefs... Sikhi is not about rules but living these rules. So saying I don't eat meat coz it is cruelty and then preparing meat for others is a strong contradiction

3. Depends on your health. If you can't pray without eating but it is preferred to do nitnem first

4.you can wear scents, perfumes and watch but no rings or jewelry...

Hi There

I plan to take amrit soon I just have a few questions that I can't find answers properly...

Can we wear elastic kachera instead of naala?

Can we touch meat product and cook meat for others? (Not consuming it myself)

Do we need to do our nitnem before eating/drinking in the morning?

If we sleep late due to work & maybe even night shifts can amritvela be just the time we wake up?

Can amritdhari wear scents (cologne/perfume) and wedding rings, bracelets, watches?

Bhul Chuk maaf, don't mean to offend anyone :) Just need to clarify things before taking amrit

Yes to all.

But note that for amrit vela it can be after you wake up and before you eat, so basically you get up, shower, wash and clean your teeth etc..and then try and do nitnem before you start anything else.

If doing night shifts or graveyard shifts, then you have to adapt and change your body clock in line with your living and sleeping conditons so obviously 2am to 6 am amrit vela won't happen because you will be at work!!

And some cologne/after shave is fine but there won't be any need for rings or bracelets. I'm not sure why you would be tempted to wear such jewelry unless it is a simple sarbloh ring or something with ek onkaar on - like the one's you get from hazoor sahib (I have worn one of these only for many years)

Btw your not allowed to wear elastic kashera, wear naala

How about some very older Sikh babas that have severe rheumatoid arthritis and dexterity problems with trying to tie a nala ???

Well, of course they use an elasticated one, you should try and go do some seva of the old bhujhurghs and see how difficult some things are and how they compensate !

Vaheguru, yes you are right, older sikha don't have to wear naala , due to their problems, but the smaller younger sikhs should wear naala, they don't have any problems with their Sareer do they ?Or are they just lazy ? And can't be bothered wearing naala and taking it of like pants, forgetting its part us