Soul

Does the soul retain its individuality after merging with waheguru?

Excellent question, in essence soul itself does not have ego or sense of individuality on its own as its pure consciousness awareness bliss (Ikongkar).

For clarity purposes, if i may rephrase your question - Does the mind or individual jev atma retain its individuality after merging with waheguru? as i am assuming thats probably what you meant?

Answer- At final stage( Kaival Mukhti) - No there is no ego or sense of individuality, no mind, no ego even subtle form, no desires, no thoughts..

Mukhti is broken into of five types.. four are sargun mukhti listed in gurbani tukhs below.

chaar mukath chaarai sidhh mil kai dhooleh prabh kee saran pariou ||

I have obtained the four kinds of liberation, and the four miraculous spiritual powers, in the Sanctuary of God, my Husband Lord.

mukath bhaeiou chouhoo(n) jug jaaniou jas keerath maathhai shhathra dhhariou ||1||

I am liberated, and famous throughout the four ages; the canopy of praise and fame waves over my head. ||1|| Ang- 1105

1.Salokya Mukhti- in which the devotee gains a place in the realm of your ishatdev or attainment of the salok given by our ishatdev as you mentioned.

2. Sarupya Mukhti – in which devotee obtains heaven and same bodily qualities as Sargun Vahiguroo (avtar , isher or deity roop)

3. Samipya Mukhti- leads not only to divine virtues but a god (isher/sargun) god like form.

4. Saujya mukhti- There is unity through immersion without losing one's own identity -Fish(Bhagat) in a ocean.

Bhramgyan/Kaival Mukhti (Ultimate form of Mukhti)- No distinction as there is no perception of individuality of being-fish/bhagat in a ocean, its only ocean - Supreme Consciousness Awareness Bliss - bhramgyan- self realization of real self/nirgun saroop..!!

Out of these four sargun mukhti. Fourth one is baikhunt form (physical sachkhand) where gursikhs who are sargun upasakhs stays there without loosing their identity like fish with its individuality in the ocean and getting anand...They retain their individuality as there is subtle finer layers of dualism/ego- until they get full bhramgyan (full nirgun and sargun ekta) -bhramgyan of their real self-paratama-Vahiguroo.!!

Gurbani supports meta reality based on perception/devotion of individual. Sachkhand in form of baikhunt(subtle realm) is sargun shuksham roop perceived by sargun upasakh in Sikhi, but actual ultimate form of sachkhand is kaival mukhti- bhramgyan avastha/stage.

--

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/71866-life-after-death/

http://www.tapoban.org/forum/read.php?1,4508

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/68495-nirvkaalaap-saamadhi/

Excellent question, in essence soul itself does not have ego or sense of individuality on its own as its pure consciousness awareness bliss (Ikongkar).

For clarity purposes, if i may rephrase your question - Does the mind or individual jev atma retain its individuality after merging with waheguru? as i am assuming thats probably what you meant?

Answer- At final stage( Kaival Mukhti) - No there is no ego or sense of individuality, no mind, no ego even subtle form, no desires, no thoughts..

Mukhti is broken into of five types.. four are sargun mukhti listed in gurbani tukhs below.

chaar mukath chaarai sidhh mil kai dhooleh prabh kee saran pariou ||

I have obtained the four kinds of liberation, and the four miraculous spiritual powers, in the Sanctuary of God, my Husband Lord.

mukath bhaeiou chouhoo(n) jug jaaniou jas keerath maathhai shhathra dhhariou ||1||

I am liberated, and famous throughout the four ages; the canopy of praise and fame waves over my head. ||1|| Ang- 1105

1.Salokya Mukhti- in which the devotee gains a place in the realm of your ishatdev or attainment of the salok given by our ishatdev as you mentioned.

2. Sarupya Mukhti – in which devotee obtains heaven and same bodily qualities as Sargun Vahiguroo (avtar , isher or deity roop)

3. Samipya Mukhti- leads not only to divine virtues but a god (isher/sargun) god like form.

4. Saujya mukhti- There is unity through immersion without losing one's own identity -Fish(Bhagat) in a ocean.

Bhramgyan/Kaival Mukhti (Ultimate form of Mukhti)- No distinction as there is no perception of individuality of being-fish/bhagat in a ocean, its only ocean - Supreme Consciousness Awareness Bliss - bhramgyan- self realization of real self/nirgun saroop..!!

Out of these four sargun mukhti. Fourth one is baikhunt form (physical sachkhand) where gursikhs who are sargun upasakhs stays there without loosing their identity like fish with its individuality in the ocean and getting anand...They retain their individuality as there is subtle finer layers of dualism/ego- until they get full bhramgyan (full nirgun and sargun ekta) -bhramgyan of their real self-paratama-Vahiguroo.!!

Gurbani supports meta reality based on perception/devotion of individual. Sachkhand in form of baikhunt(subtle realm) is sargun shuksham roop perceived by sargun upasakh in Sikhi, but actual ultimate form of sachkhand is kaival mukhti- bhramgyan avastha/stage.

--

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/71866-life-after-death/

http://www.tapoban.org/forum/read.php?1,4508

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/68495-nirvkaalaap-saamadhi/

What does ishatdev define veer ji?