English Translations

I can read and write Gurmukhi well, but I have some trouble with understanding certain paths. Do we have to do our path in the original Punjabi? Wouldn't it be better for people who can't read/understand gurbani to read it in a language they understand. So when they do Japji Sahib, they could read it in English. I mean the whole point of doing path is to understand and take on board the message gurbani gives.

I can read and write Gurmukhi well, but I have some trouble with understanding certain paths. Do we have to do our path in the original Punjabi? Wouldn't it be better for people who can't read/understand gurbani to read it in a language they understand. So when they do Japji Sahib, they could read it in English. I mean the whole point of doing path is to understand and take on board the message gurbani gives.

Isn't this what we should do anyway ??

I've been doing this for some time and don't know any other way. My Punjabi is a complete 2nd language as I am a 3rd generation Brit and I think I've done pretty well with my mixed and matched methods because I don't know anyone from my era and background that can even speak Punjabi fluently let alone try to read it !