Guru Nanak Dev Ji's 5 Coins And Coconut

Hello everyone,

I've been reading through sikhs.org and came across a page with information on Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The website states, "Guru Nanak then blessed Lehna with his ang (hand) and gave him a new name, Angad, saying 'you are a part of my body.' Guru Nanak placed 5 coins and a coconut in front of Guru Angad and bowed before him."

Question:

1. What is the significance/meaning of the 5 coins and coconut?

post-40018-0-01672800-1372574490_thumb.p

Tilak is a sub-continental sign of devotion and bhagti. This ridiculous notion of tilak only being a Hindu concept is quite appalling. Hinduism is an institute with political dimensions. In reality it was term by which Islamic invaders insultingly referred to their non-Islamic compatriots. The present day Hinduism is an extremist take on the matter which aims to eradicate it's disparaties via suppression. The tilak marked an individual who was on a higher spiritual plane than his contemporaries. From what I know, the sixth Guru discarded this tradition as the prior five Gurus gave great credence to spirituality, but the latter five added temporality to the Sikh ethos.