Does Jazzy B Suffer From Split-Personality Mental Health Problems ?

LegalSingh

I prefer the old school guys like Alaap, Apna Sangeet, Heera, Safri brothers and Malkit Singh. No controversy, great songs and the memories of the 80's aaaaaah. I used to love those school weddings with a single balloon attached to each chair and the terrible dancing.

Not a fan of the music, but modern Sikh weddings have become incredibly lavish. Where will it end?

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. This is a result of the first generation of Sikhs educating their children who are now reaping the financial rewards of finding well-paid employment, and deciding to spend lavishly on such ceremonies. It's their money of course. I don't agree with it (simplicity and humility is what I'd do) but if you've got it I guess it's tough not to spend it. :biggrin2:

Yeh the old days of the groups was the best. No dirty videos etc just live music.

Weddings where good too then. Straight tables none of this round tables with names on.

Don't forget the simple packs of walkers crisps and planters peanuts as well !!

Straight long tables with everyone seated and plastic trays,cups and cutlery to go with them.

I think people are being too harsh...

Firstly, I'd like to point out that those people that hark back to the days of "malkit singh" etc should remember these people never ever came out in support of sant ji or spoke about the issues in Punjab even though they were worse during the 80's! In fact Malkit literally ran the other direction when he saw the professor Bhullar protestors at Downing Street during Vaisakhi time... go ask the people who were there!

Secondly, just because Tigerstyle or Jazzy B are khalistan supports or respect the bachan of Sant ji doesnt mean they cant preform in India or declare love for Indian culture/music! What your asking for is outright hate... thats wrong... India deserves to exist and flourish as does Khalistan deserve to exist and flourish!

Jazzy B and Tigerstyle have taken the movement further into the mainstream with music.... I mean sure they havent got hate for everything to do with India or Indians... but if anyone does thats what you would call extremists! I like eating Gujji food and declare my love for the food that comes from different parts of India.. does that make me anti-Khalistani!? Isnt Khalsa without hate!?

and lastly, Jazzy B associates and makes music with hard kaur... does that automatically mean he endorses her views or actions? Surely his actions and words should be judged on his own merits! Remember this was an artist that was willing to answer critics in the media including our own Nihal on Sant Ji and 84 etc... how many other punjabi artists would be willing to stand up for those principles?!... well defoo not malkit singh anyway!

^ Singh1986, Thats an almost childlike utopian view you have of the world about as far removed from reality as you can get.

The Police judge you according to who you associate with. Nations judge other nations according to which nations they associate with and are friendly with. School reports judge students according to which type of characters they associate with. Released prisoners are sent back to jail if they associate with certain people considered wrong 'uns. So thats the way that the whole world operates v your very innocent but naive way.

Now, kust taking Jazzy B's example for now......how on earth could any Sikh worth his salt want to associate himself with a woman who just 3 weeks earlier made rude and disgusting comments about Sri Guru Gonind Singh ji ? Associate himself is bad enough but he's even pictured trying to kiss her.

What happens to these 'lion' when they land on Indian soil or speak to Indian journalists ? What magic potion do Indians have that turn lions into mice ? What magical spell do the Indians put on Tigerstyle and Jazzy B that they instantly forget everything Indians have done are are doing ?

Don't forget the simple packs of walkers crisps and planters peanuts as well !!

Straight long tables with everyone seated and plastic trays,cups and cutlery to go with them.

Don't forget the 5-Alive.

Everyone was down to earth and natural at occasions like these when I was a kid. Now it's a stage-managed production, with mutton dressed as lamb cavorting all over the shop, and everyone's a Bollywood superstar in their own head. Embarrassing.