Should Amrit Dharis Work Inshops Whihcsell Alcahol ?

Guest l.singh

Guest l.singh

wjkk wjkf

im 16 and im looking for a summer job, im going to go and hand some of my cv's out to shops around my area. one of my skills is that i can work the till because i already do that at the place im vaulenteering at right now ( a chirty shop) so im scared to apply for places which sell alcahol because then i might have to work the till and sell alcahol, what shall i do? is selling alcahol against rehet or is it fine?

wjkk wjkf

Guest NihangSingh

vjkkvjkf stay away from selling sharaab chote veereh , it is a against rehit , as maharajs horse neela didn't go through a field due to being full of tabbaco

Drinking alcohol is bad and restricted, by selling you are making others drink (obviously not forcing, but fulfulling their wish). Now lets say if one of your family members come to buy, would you be willingly doing that, no, so think the same for others.

I know if you won't do it, somebody else will do it. But it won't add to your karams at least and you won't have to pay for it. E.g. after buying from you, somebody gets drunk and runs into a car ???? Would you be able to forgive yourself? If he dies by getting it from someone else, at least you won't have the guilt on your mind.

Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh,

Of course it's against rehat. Can you imagine a Gursikh working at a barbers shop or a brothel?

You have the whole summer off. Looking for a job is all well and good but you have all your life to work and earn maya. Why don't you spend your summer at the Gurudwara Sahib doing seva, or do a 40 day jaap of Sri Gurmantar Sahib Ji/Sri Mool Mantar Sahib Ji, learn something about our amazing history, philosophy and theology. P

Guru Sahib Kirpa Karo.

Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

Agreed 100%. One thing I've noticed (no offense to store owners) is that their parents work 24/7 and have no time for their kids. The parents become alcoholic degenerates and their kids soon follow the same path.

Sikhi and Guru Sahib tells us to stay away from these things not 'just because', but because of actual reasons and negative affects it has on our jeevans.

Also, I'd advise never to work for a Punjabi lol, but that's just me. I haven't really worked anywhere yet as I'm still studying.

I think for a 16 year old you should focus more on your spelling !! :biggrin2:

For someone your age you shouldn't get too stressed about working or making money, ' pahla parhlaa, abc sikkhla, kam da ferh sohnchee !!!

Spend the summer getting some tuition or extra grammar classes ! :stupidme:

Oh yeh, selling alcohol or liquor is NOT gurmat in any way, - I wouldn't do it !

Nice one LuckySingh :lol2: funny guy. :biggrin2:

Drinking alcohol is bad and restricted, by selling you are making others drink (obviously not forcing, but fulfulling their wish). Now lets say if one of your family members come to buy, would you be willingly doing that, no, so think the same for others.

I know if you won't do it, somebody else will do it. But it won't add to your karams at least and you won't have to pay for it. E.g. after buying from you, somebody gets drunk and runs into a car ???? Would you be able to forgive yourself? If he dies by getting it from someone else, at least you won't have the guilt on your mind.

So selling/drinking alcohol is wrong, but then in another post /topic you said that to tell a new to sikhi person that his drinking alcohol is against sikhi would frighten him away.

Seems you are changing your views as you are going along, surely if you dont tell someone that his drinking alcohol is wrong in sikhi that is also against Gurmat. Irrespective of whether it will turn them off sikhi or not. quote below you said

I did't want to post here, but it's really hurting to see ke apan kise nu sewa vi ni karan dinde. Members here are bashing on "BasicsofSikhi" for no reason. He did not say that alcohal is allowed, he meant at this point based on OP's level, as he's just new. BasicsofSikhi's youtube links provide all the required knowledge. Don't you think, one bhajj jana, je onu pehla hi kehdo tu daru ni peeni, meat ni khana, kesh rakh ke parna ban, prayian istaria nu ni dekhna, amritvele uthke path karin roj ishnana karke etc. These changes doesn't happen like this ke somebody ask and we do it. These happen from internally and by itself. And meditation is the key step for internal change. He'll get more knowledge of Sikhi as he has or will start reading books and translation of Gurbani.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/71965-new-with-sikhism/page-6

^^ waheguru ji,,,,,this person is already a sikh and he already knows the do and don'ts of sikhi.

That gora was attracted to sikhi, it's not one day class. He wouldn't quit drinking just because we say so, but until the love for Guru ji flourishes in his heart, then we don't have to tell him to quit, he'll quit by himself. At this point, alcohal is dear to him than sikhi, but once sikhi becomes dearer to him, alcohal will have no place in his life. Sikhi is the path of love, not force.

Like when a child starts from first, pehlan hi onu kehdo tenu phd karni paini aa age ja ke, oda edan da syllabus hai, ene test dene paine ne, 24 ghante parhna hi paina, one school hi ni auna, je aa geya ta parahi vich mann ni launa ya mann apne aap hi ni lagna. But person forgot to make him understand that this is a slow progress, he has to undergo other classes as well, which will keep increasing his knowledge, potential & dedication to reach the goal.

A person has a wife, a sister and a mother. Mother calls him son, wife calls him husband, sister calls him brother. Why? Why don't they all call him the same coz it's the same person.

Then a person has 2 sons, 15 and 5, got sick. Doctor gave a light medicine to 5 yeras old and a little heavy to 15 yr old. Why? kyonki dono iko peo de putter ne, done bimaar ne te iko doctor kol gaye ne. Do you think he should have given them the same medicine, without thinking of other individually related factors & consequences.

And just telling him "alcohal is not allowed", doesn't end the question. What do you think ke sare "not allowed" likhke apni post band kar dain. You answered straight forward by saying "no", very good, someone has to do it, you did it, whereas others explained a little more, that's it. Anyways, there's no point going over that again for me at least.