Kuljinder Sidhu Wants To Make A Movie On Blue Star

Pappi9

from his facebook page==....

These days i am thinking to make a movie on Operation Blue star,i know its like day dreaming because a movie on Operation blue star will cost around 100cr and no Indian govt will allow to shoot it in India and even whosoever will try to attempt it he or she might have to leave India as well.

To create the real scene these are the few major requirements

1,A Golden Temple look like set in some foreign land.

2,More than 10,000 jr artists will be required to play Army & Sikh sangat.

3, Characters who may act and look like Sant jee, bhai Amrik Singh,General subak singh and baba Thara singh and other people involved in that operation.

4,A Hollywood action Director who is capable to create action sequences which look real.

5,Arms and ammunication including Tops and Tanks etc will be required in large numbers.

Though it seems impossible to arrange all this for a small time Punjabi film producer like me but i still believe

''whatever the mind of a man can believe it can achieve''

and this is the only reason i am sharing my thoughts with all of you. i am ready with the one page synopsis and now planning to approach some Hollywood production houses for the Joint venture.

if anyone from you wants to be part of this project i will be more than happy.

And if anyone wants to invest in this Movie even then do let us know because in that case we can hire Hollywood talent and make a movie on our own.

If ever this Movie will be made it will be more than 1000 times more impactful than any memorial.

May Waheguru give strength to someone who can do this cause.

send your feedback on kuljindersinghsidhu@yahoo.com

https://www.facebook.com/kuljindersinghsidhu

Umm. Sorry Kuljinder Singh but you don't "need" any of those things. You want them....but you don't need them. All you need is a very small amount of money to go with a superb first class dialogue centered script and a cast that can genuinely act. And of course, the make or break of all movies : good editing. When you try and show everything you end up showing nothing at all because it doesn't make cenematic sense. With decent dialogue and acting the whole film could be set in 2 or 3 rooms with a handful of actors, with events being heard to happen in the background. I know you're gonna make this movie so I implore you not to make the same mistakes as made in Sadda Haq. Don't try and tell too much.....No melodramatic over-acting.......no cheesy dialogue.....No bad background music.

Get non-actors to act. Use real voices of real people. Real dialects. Real expressions. Real emotions. Do not make it like Sadda Haq.

Umm. Sorry Kuljinder Singh but you don't "need" any of those things. You want them....but you don't need them. All you need is a very small amount of money to go with a superb first class dialogue centered script and a cast that can genuinely act. And of course, the make or break of all movies : good editing. When you try and show everything you end up showing nothing at all because it doesn't make cenematic sense. With decent dialogue and acting the whole film could be set in 2 or 3 rooms with a handful of actors, with events being heard to happen in the background. I know you're gonna make this movie so I implore you not to make the same mistakes as made in Sadda Haq. Don't try and tell too much.....No melodramatic over-acting.......no cheesy dialogue.....No bad background music.

Get non-actors to act. Use real voices of real people. Real dialects. Real expressions. Real emotions. Do not make it like Sadda Haq.

Sadda haq was awesome. Indian punjabis understand that kind of movie. If you a western movie they aren't going to know what's happening and get bored because no music song scene. No point preaching to the converted, remember who the true target audience is: native punjabis who have had decades of India government propaganda.

However I suppose your right that if it can't be shown in Punjab then it's not going to reach its target

It needs to be a historically accurate portrayal from a Sikh perspective. The movie needs to have credibility in the mainstream for it to be successful.

Sada Haq wasn't an ideal movie, but it was good. The whole scene needed a lot of work (lack of a good director, storyline, acting, touching specific issues, clearly laying out the fault of the govnt).

It did do a decent job and I still support the movie, but there is a lot of room for improvement. Would love to see the Punjabi film industry take off in the right direction (portraying reality and Sikhi/history instead of crap) and in a professional manner that you would be able to see at film festivals.

In my opinion the movie can be made at a much lower budget. We should invest more wisely as a nation. What about 5 million Sikligar Sikhs who live under poverty line and are being targetted by Christian missionaries and RSS?

The idea is a good one, today there is no better weapon than media BUT 100 crores for a movie? A good Punjabi film can be made with a budget of max 30-35 crores. The first 30-45 minutes should be a prelude to the actual Operation, major events such as Punjabi Suba movement, Anandpur Sahib Resolution, Nirankari Episode, Jagat Narain, Dharam Yudh Morcha etc.