Bhai Harpal Ji & Sri Guru Hargobind Singh Ji Paatshah

Bhai Harpal ji requested to Guru sahib to get bless with sewa. Guru sahib said sewa is very hard. But bhai ji insisted. Guru sahib said ok. Once Guru sahib saw a parrot, and asked bhai ji to bring that parrot to HIM. Bhai sahib said satbachan and went to the owner. The owner was a pathan, who knew that a Sikh would do anything for his Guru, so he said you won't be able to pay for it. But Bhai ji said he can give his life to get it. Pathan said ok, you have to give your sister in return. Bhai sahib said ok and went home. His mother was doing path, bhai sahib said "maa bani parhdi e". She said ha, bhai said "aaj bani te chaln da sama aa geya. Family agreed and bhai sahib went with his sister to pathan, Pathan said now I want your daughter as well. Bhai sahib said ok, sent his daughter and took the parrot. Bhai sahib went to Guru sahib, give the parrot and sat back near jorhe, without even explaiing how he got it, instead was praying Guru sahib, please forgive me, it took me so long, tuhade bachan manan layi"

And pathan on the other side, asked girls to become his begams, Girls said they'll do anything, even janitorial work but not this and said :

eh dil hai amanat di satguru di, tha tha te lagayea nai janda,

ansi kite kaul nibhavge, nadia tar ke javange,

ha, ansi rukhrha sham manavenge, saatho jagat manaeya nai janda

ansi duniya valon udaas hoye, ode charna de daas hoye,

bhawein fail howe bhawein pass howe, piche kadam hataeya nai janda,

When pathan tried to touch them, he became blind and begged the girls to take him to Guru sahib. He went blind because of Bhai sahib's sacrifice and girls love & faith on guru sahib. They went to Guru sahib and he apologised. Sewak got passed in the examination and "nindak de moonh kale hoye". Guru sahib ji was very happy at Bhai ji, stood up when bhai sahib came & hugged him & asked bhai Harpal ji that he can get all of his wishes fulfilled, but Bhai sahib begged for below:

mera sir tere charna ch howe, jadon meri jaan nikle

jadon jaan nikle, jadon pran nikle

From Sant Baba Balwant Singh ji urmur Tandewale Deewan "Satguru ki sewa 1"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use