Maan Travels A Lot During Simran...

Only thing I would suggest is to keep doing simran as much as you can throughout the day as much as you can. Doesn't matter if your not sitting down crossed legged with 100% focus. The more you do the more it will start automatically and the more you will want to do it. That's what I try and do and find it really helps. Also try and do simran in the sangat. Read SGGS which will really inspire you to do it. Walking whilst doing simran also helps but keep you dhyan looking down and not looking all over the place.

the problem for me is everytime i sit to do simran, i literally fall asleep in less then 5 minutes :stupidme:

i heard in a katha once that, dont worry if you fall asleep because its suggesting that your 'man' has become calm and shant .

This is not just a recent thing even in my childhood, sometimes when i use to go to the Gurdwara i use to nodding off to sleep, although the gurdwara bit has improved i still can't seem to resolve the simran issue! :(

I believe there is a fine line between falling asleep due to boredom and the body falling into a sleep like state but the consciousness is still awake and alert doing simran. Try doing the jaap out aloud for a while to combat sleep.

• 2 months later...

guru fateh sadh sangat ji

when daas tries to do simran his mind stars travelling a lot.. the moment daas sit to do simran random images tries to start popping up in daas mind sometimes random person,school,hazoor sahib,any shop or sometimes simran audio of dhariawale simran starts playing......what is it?... daas is not able to concentrate.....daas doesnt try to think something but these things are in some auto mode

I honestly had the same thing, I think it's totally natural and as you focus more on the Naam you'll feel less of it. (From my understanding of previous discussions).