Life After Death

Guest questions questions

Guest questions questions

I go to a Catholic School; and we had a topic on what happens after death.

They believe that everyone will rise from the dead and maybe all be transformed to the age of 34 because that is when Jesus Christ was crucified.

My questions are:

What do we 'look' like? Do we feel things through our physical body? Some believe there will be a waiting room. What happens?

They are waiting for judgement day when God will return to earth and all the good people, the sheep, will be with God on His right hand side and the others, the goats, will go to hell?

i don't understand this...what does Sikhi say?

Thank you

Guest Angad

I m gonna explain in simple terms as i have come to understand

Sikhism says heaven n earth are on this planet itself...it's a result of your past n present actions..

It's an ongoing process

If a child is born in a family having abundance, love, health, food, shelter, contentment, righteousness, peace n harmony, its heaven

Vis a vis a child born in a beggars family n starts begging as soon as can, its hell

Sikhism says one gets a human form after 84lakhs of different life forms(stones, reptiles, plant forms,etc) n humans being the most evolved beings its only in this birth that one can be in unison with God n free from life n death as well as heaven n hell.

Who we are is immortal - we are the entire manifest and at the same time the non manifest. In gurbani this is known as sargun and nirgun. So to answer how we look like you can say aspects of our 'body' consists of the entire universe. The stars, oceans, land, people, animals (basically anything perceivable or conceivable) etc are parts of our sargun 'body' but our nirgun body cannot be described because here the perceiver known as 'I' disappears hence if there is no one left then the nirgun can never be described.

In your questions you imply that the body is us but yet this is not incorrect however it is only a small aspect of what we are as I have written above. When you die what will happen is similar to what happens when you sleep at night. When death occurs there may be pain or not but you will lose consciousness and with this all your memories, thoughts, mind and emotions will disappear - there will be no you hence the question of will there be a waiting room is invalid as the individual/ego gets destroyed at death so how can you wait in a room... I(mind) have tried to trace how long this perceivable disappearance lasts for but it is impossible to state as my true self (nirgun) is beyond time therefore my mind can not pinpoint a time as time itself is not linear. Anyway since I have stated above what then happens is that our nirgun, which is always sargun as well seems to project (according to the mind as mind sees events in a linear way) a new world where the ego is born again. This cycle occurs again and again and always has been. So answering your question what ever physical body the ego takes it will appear that we are it and 'we' are feeling through our physical body.

There is no certain judgement day the laws of cause and effect are always in play this is judgement in a way for the ego - getting rich, fame or on the other hand being murdered, getting raped is one's 'judgement day'.

Waheguru has made this body busy with work and has prevented the entity known as 'consciousness' from coming to sikhsangat and post. Since sarb kala samarath saroop waheguru has now given the hukam to post it seems like 'I' am here posting :biggrin2:

How have you been? How is the family bro?

P.S This is only a small aspect of my sargun saroop even my sargun saroop is unlimited. :blush2:

Guest MrHSinghK

The best answer to this would be to read Unditthi Duniya by Bhai Sahib Randhir SIngh Ji and Sulman ghost story Sant Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib Wale. Trust me these two things will explain all the questions and answers about the afterlife. No one else knows or will explain this better than these mentioned

You are part of GOD and are immortal (live for ever). GOD is not interested in punishing, condemening or judging you. GOD wants to to evolve you towards him. It is not interested in getting you back like they teach you in catholic school. A GOD is a loving GOD not a fearful and vengeful one.

Vairaat roop vahiguroo ji..!!

The same roop that was shown to Guru Nanak Dev ji

ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਨੈਨ ਨਨ ਨੈਨ ਹਹਿ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਉ ਸਹਸ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਨਨਾ ਏਕ
ਤੋੁਹੀ ||
ਸਹਸ ਪਦ ਬਿਮਲ ਨਨ ਏਕ ਪਦ ਗੰਧ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਗੰਧ ਇਵ
ਚਲਤ ਮੋਹੀ ||ò||
You have thousands of eyes, and yet You have no eyes. You have thousands of forms, and yet You do not have even one.
You have thousands of Lotus Feet, and yet You do not have even one foot. You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses. This Play of Yours entrances me
The same saroop shown to Arjana by Krishna as well.