3Ho White Sikhs Vs Non-3Ho White Sikhs

When I look at Whites who became Sikhs through 3HO and Whites who became Sikhs through Punjabis, I notice that the former tends to adopt the surname Khalsa while the latter tends to keep their original surname.

What other differences do you guys notice?

One should not adopt the name Khalsa as surname. But first name can be changed. The 3ho Sikhs do yoga as taught to them by Yogi Bhajan while mainstream Sikhs do not. The 3ho take a more hippy approach to Sikhi like some of them dancing, but many of them are good Sikhs too.

IMO, we should not think of them but instead try to improve our own jeevan. Do your nitnem, naam simran, keep Amritvela, learn Kirtan and take Santhiya to improve your Gurbani ucharan. These are crucial in increasing your Kamayee.

The title of the thread can be a bit confusing when you read it the first few times. Originally I thought the title was 'White 3ho Sikhs v Non-white Sikhs', in which case my answer would be as follows : The former have brought millions of people towards Sikhi and the latter have driven millions away.

As it is I don't really have much of an opinion on the matter exept to say that the white 3ho Sikhs have each introduced Sikhi to about 35,000% more people than any of their critics here.