The Shabad Everyones Been Asking For :)

Wingz23

Fateh Sangat

I was wondering, maybe we could turn this into a shabad post.. Maybe everyone could post their favorite shabads on here, no matter how big or long , In written form :respect:

WJKK WJKF

Thats a great idea!

When quoting shabas, we should quote the ang numbers where possible.!!

Above is ang 70 from what I gather-

Just a little comment below that I had made previously elsewhere with reference to this shabad.-

Has there ever been a moment in your life, even if it was for a few minutes- when you felt so loved and connected with everything around you?
A moment where you suddenly felt that you realized everything and you were a part of this WHOLE universe and this same universe was a HUGE part of you ??
It's a feeling where you suddenly feel blessed and want this whole blessing to be experienced by everyone and everything around you.

If you have had this short lived feeling of anand or bliss, then this is the only thing that remains permanently engrained on your soul.

When you feel pushed or on the edge, just try and connect to that same moment and in an instance you can forget what you were fretting about.

The above shabad tells us to remember and connect with him for that moment.
It's not just remembering in mind, but it is connection of the whole mind, body and soul. It's more than just surrender and submitting, it's actually becoming ONE and like with him.
When this happens you feel that you ARE the Universe and the Universe is you, so all this worry is just a product and weakness of your mind.
Remember, you are NOT your mind, you are beyond and much bigger than that. it's just that your mind has a clever way of convincing and conquering you.

When quoting shabas, we should quote the ang numbers where possible.!!

Above is ang 70 from what I gather-

Just a little comment below that I had made previously elsewhere with reference to this shabad.-

Has there ever been a moment in your life, even if it was for a few minutes- when you felt so loved and connected with everything around you?

A moment where you suddenly felt that you realized everything and you were a part of this WHOLE universe and this same universe was a HUGE part of you ??

It's a feeling where you suddenly feel blessed and want this whole blessing to be experienced by everyone and everything around you.

If you have had this short lived feeling of anand or bliss, then this is the only thing that remains permanently engrained on your soul.

When you feel pushed or on the edge, just try and connect to that same moment and in an instance you can forget what you were fretting about.

The above shabad tells us to remember and connect with him for that moment.

It's not just remembering in mind, but it is connection of the whole mind, body and soul. It's more than just surrender and submitting, it's actually becoming ONE and like with him.

When this happens you feel that you ARE the Universe and the Universe is you, so all this worry is just a product and weakness of your mind.

Remember, you are NOT your mind, you are beyond and much bigger than that. it's just that your mind has a clever way of convincing and conquering you.

Thanks veerji

cwcrI CMd ] qÍ pRswid ]

chaacharee shandh | thav prasaadh |

Chachri Chhand. By Thy Grace.

guibMdy ] mukMdy ] audwry ] Apwry ] 94]

gubindhae | mukandhae | oudhaarae | apaarae | 94|

World Saviour. Emancipator. Benevolent. Boundless. (94)

hrIAM ] krIAM ] inRnwmy ] Akwmy ] 95]

hareean | kareean | nrinaamae | akaamae | 95|

All Extinguisher. All Creator. Nameless. Desire less. (95)

At Preetam Man Mohnaa Ghat Sohnaa Paraan Adhaaraa Raam,
He is dear to me; He fascinates my mind; He is the ornament of my heart, the support of the breath of life.

Sundar Sobhaa Laal Gopaal Daiaal Kee Apar Apaaraa Raam,
The Glory of the Beloved, Merciful Lord of the Universe is beautiful; He is infinite and without limit.

Gopaal Dayaal Gobind Laalan Milhu Kant Nimaaneeaa,
O Compassionate Sustainer of the World, Beloved Lord of the Universe, please, join with Your humble soul-bride.

Nain Tarsan Daras Parsan Nah Need Rain Vihaaneeaa,
My eyes long for the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan; the night passes, but I cannot sleep.

Giaan Anjan Naam Binjan Bhaay Sagal Seegaaraa.
I have applied the healing ointment of spiritual wisdom to my eyes; the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is my food. These are all my decorations.

Naanak Paiampai Sant Jampai Mayl Kant Hamaaraa ||1||
Prays Nanak, let's meditate on the Saint, that he may unite us with our Husband Lord. ||1||

aasaa ||
Aasaa:

ਸੁਤੁ ਅਪਰਾਧ ਕਰਤ ਹੈ ਜੇਤੇ ॥
suth aparaadhh karath hai jaethae ||
As many mistakes as the son commits,

ਜਨਨੀ ਚੀਤਿ ਨ ਰਾਖਸਿ ਤੇਤੇ ॥੧॥
jananee cheeth n raakhas thaethae ||1||
his mother does not hold them against him in her mind. ||1||

ਰਾਮਈਆ ਹਉ ਬਾਰਿਕੁ ਤੇਰਾ ॥
raameeaa ho baarik thaeraa ||
O Lord, I am Your child.

ਕਾਹੇ ਨ ਖੰਡਸਿ ਅਵਗਨੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
kaahae n khanddas avagan maeraa ||1|| rehaao ||
Why not destroy my sins? ||1||Pause||

ਜੇ ਅਤਿ ਕ੍ਰੋਪ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਿ ਧਾਇਆ ॥
jae ath krop karae kar dhhaaeiaa ||
If the son, in anger, runs away,

ਤਾ ਭੀ ਚੀਤਿ ਨ ਰਾਖਸਿ ਮਾਇਆ ॥੨॥
thaa bhee cheeth n raakhas maaeiaa ||2||
even then, his mother does not hold it against him in her mind. ||2||

ਚਿੰਤ ਭਵਨਿ ਮਨੁ ਪਰਿਓ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥
chinth bhavan man pariou hamaaraa ||
My mind has fallen into the whirlpool of anxiety.

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੈਸੇ ਉਤਰਸਿ ਪਾਰਾ ॥੩॥

naam binaa kaisae outharas paaraa ||3||
Without the Naam, how can I cross over to the other side? ||3||

ਦੇਹਿ ਬਿਮਲ ਮਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਸਰੀਰਾ ॥
dhaehi bimal math sadhaa sareeraa ||
Please, bless my body with pure and lasting understanding, Lord;

ਸਹਜਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਗੁਨ ਰਵੈ ਕਬੀਰਾ ॥੪॥੩॥੧੨॥
sehaj sehaj gun ravai kabeeraa ||4||3||12||
in peace and poise, Kabeer chants the Praises of the Lord. ||4||3||12||

Ang 478, Sant Kabir

Ramiyaa

• 2 weeks later...

gond mehlaa 4.

Gond, Fourth Mehl:

aisaa har sayvee-ai nit Dhi-aa-ee-ai jo khin meh kilvikh sabh karay binaasaa.

Serve such a Lord, and ever meditate on Him, who in an instant erases all sins and mistakes.

jay har ti-aag avar kee aas keejai taa har nihfal sabh ghaal gavaasaa.

If someone forsakes the Lord and places his hopes in another, then all his service to the Lord is rendered fruitless.

mayray man har sayvihu sukh- daata su-aamee jis sayvi-ai sabh bhukh lahaasaa. ||1||

O my mind, serve the Lord, the Giver of peace; serving Him, all your hunger shall depart. ||1||

mayray man har oopar keejai bharvaasaa.

O my mind, place your faith in the Lord.

jah jaa-ee-ai tah naal mayraa su- aamee har apnee paij rakhai jan daasaa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Wherever I go, my Lord and Master is there with me. The

Lord saves the honor of His humble servants and slaves.

||1||Pause||

jay apnee birthaa kahhu avraa peh taa aagai apnee birthaa baho

bahut kadhaasaa.

If you tell your sorrows to another, then he, in return, will tell you of his greater sorrows.

apnee birthaa kahhu har apunay su-aamee peh jo tumHray dookh tatkaal kataasaa.

So tell your sorrows to the Lord, your Lord and Master, who shall instantly dispel your pain.

so aisaa parabh chhod apnee birthaa avraa peh kahee-ai avraa peh kahi man laaj maraasaa. ||2||

Forsaking such a Lord God, if you tell your sorrows to another, then you shall die of shame. ||2||

jo sansaarai kay kutamb mitar bhaa-ee deeseh man mayray tay sabh apnai su-aa-ay milaasaa.

The relatives, friends and siblings of the world that you see, O my mind, all meet with you for their own purposes.

jit din unH kaa su-aa-o ho-ay na aavai <banned word filter activated> din nayrhai ko na dhukaasaa.

And that day, when their self-interests are not served, on that day, they shall not come near you.

man mayray apnaa har sayv din raatee jo tuDh upkarai dookh sukhaasaa. ||3||

O my mind, serve your Lord, day and night; He shall help you in good times and bad. ||3||

tis kaa bharvaasaa ki-o keejai man mayray jo antee a-osar rakh na sakaasaa.

Why place your faith in anyone, O my mind, who cannot come to your rescue at the last instant?

har jap mant gur updays lai jaapahu tinH ant chhadaa-ay jinH har pareet chitaasaa.

Chant the Lord's Mantra, take the Guru's Teachings, and meditate on Him. In the end, the Lord saves those who love Him in their consciousness.

jan naanak an-din naam japahu har santahu ih chhootan kaa saachaa bharvaasaa. ||4||2||

Servant Nanak speaks: night and day, chant the Lord's

Name, O Saints; this is the only true hope for emancipation.

||4||2||

raag dayvganDhaaree mehlaa 9.

Raag Dayv-Gandhaaree, Ninth Mehl:

yeh man naik na kahi-o karai.

This mind does not follow my advice one tiny bit.

seekh sikhaa-ay rahi-o apnee see durmat tay na tarai. ||1|| rahaa-o.

I am so tired of giving it instructions - it will not refrain from its evil-mindedness. ||1||Pause||

mad maa-i-aa kai bha-i-o baavro har jas neh uchrai.

It has gone insane with the intoxication of Maya; it does not chant the Lord's Praise.

kar parpanch jagat ka-o dahkai apno udar bharai. ||1||

Practicing deception, it tries to cheat the world, and so it fills its belly. ||1||

su-aan poochh ji-o ho-ay na sooDho kahi-o na kaan Dharai.

Like a dog's tail, it cannot be straightened; it will not listen to what I tell it.

kaho naanak bhaj raam naam nit jaa tay kaaj sarai. ||2||1||

Says Nanak, vibrate forever the Name of the Lord, and all your affairs shall be adjusted. ||2||1||

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehla:

khojath khojath mai firaa khojo ban thhaan ||

Searching, searching, I wander around searching, in the woods and other places.

ashhal ashhaedh abhaedh prabh aisae bhagavaan ||1||

He is undeceivable, imperishable, inscrutable; such is my Lord God. ||1||

kab dhaekho prabh aapanaa aatham kai ra(n)g ||

When shall I behold my God, and delight my soul?

jaagan thae supanaa bhalaa baseeai prabh sa(n)g ||1|| rehaao ||

Even better than being awake, is the dream in which I dwell with God. ||1||Pause||

baran aasram saasathr suno dharasan kee piaas ||

Listening to the Shaastras teaching about the four social classes and the four stages of life, I grow thirsty for the Blessed Vision of the Lord.

roop n raekh n pa(n)ch thath t(h)aakur abinaas ||2||

He has no form or outline, and He is not made of the five elements; our Lord and Master is imperishable. ||2||

ouhu saroop sa(n)than kehehi viralae jogeesur ||

How rare are those Saints and great Yogis, who describe the beautiful form of the Lord.

kar kirapaa jaa ko milae dhhan dhhan thae eesur ||3||

Blessed, blessed are they, whom the Lord meets in His Mercy. ||3||

so a(n)thar so baaharae binasae theh bharamaa ||

They know that He is deep within, and outside as well; their doubts are dispelled.

naanak this prabh bhaettiaa jaa kae pooran karamaa ||4||31||61||

O Nanak, God meets those, whose karma is perfect. ||4||31||61||

Ang. 816