Sign in to follow this  
Singh97

How can I get taller?

Strength training (weights) will not stunt your growth. Your height is genetically determined and diet plays only a minor role (extremes of diet can affect height eg childhood chronic malnutrition). Humans follow a fairly distinct model of growth. Basically look at a string of men or women through different generations in a family. Most children will be a similar height or taller than their same sex parent. This is until a zenith occurs and then you see a child who grows up to be quite somewhat smaller than the same sex parent a generation later. Hence our heights across generations tend to remain modal.

Not fully true , Average Dutch man was measured at 5-4.5 inches tall in 1830 s, now they are on an average 6 feet 1 inches tall. Japanese are on average much taller than there grand parents.of second world war.There are plenty of countries in world where people are much taller what they were in 80-90 years ago.

I had a feeling that you would give a quote that proves the contrary and there are many of these

I agree with your points. Maxing out weights is not for kids, nor are exercises where axial compressive forces could damage the spine. I would not let my kids do that.

• Like 1

I'm vegetarian, does that affect anything?

I wouldn't think so. Like I said I'm vege and not eating meat, eggs, etc., hasn't stunted my growth.

As long as vegetarian doesn't mean killing the chips and pizza, because that isn't going to help anyone! Get some fresh fruit and veg into your diet, as well as the aforementioned milk and yogurt if you're not suffering from any dairy allergies. Some consistent exercise might be beneficial. I've always found the more svelte somebody is the taller they look; the more rounder they are the closer to the ground they appear, lol.

At the end of the day I wouldn't worry too much about height. It's a shame your parents have raised this issue, and you've been made to feel inadequate. Don't worry about it. There's no lack of short girls in the Sikh quom so you aren't going to be left on the shelf when it comes to marriage!

Edited by VanHelsingh
  • Like 2

At the end of the day I wouldn't worry too much about height. It's a shame your parents have raised this issue, and you've been made to feel inadequate. Don't worry about it. There's no lack of short girls in the Sikh quom so you aren't going to be left on the shelf when it comes to marriage!

lol marriage was what they were concerned about, for the past few weeks all they've been saying is " tainu rishta nahi labna". I feel fine at this height, but they want me to be at least 6 feet.

Edited by simranpreetsingh
  • Like 2

lol marriage was what they were concerned about, for the past few weeks all they've been saying is " tainu rishta nahi labna". I feel fine at this height, but they want me to be at least 6 feet.

I sensed a disturbance in the force, lol.

Honestly, I know they're your parents but they really shouldn't be forcing you to GROW a few inches. :biggrin2: You will get a rishta no matter what. It's just scare-mongering. Like you said they're probably freaked out about your younger brother going through a growth spurt.

• Like 1

Wow, are all Punjabi parents the same?

The sad thing is parents of white kids would never make their offspring feel low about something as superficial as height. It's all about empowering the child to be confident in their own skin. Our lot can accumulate huge houses and cars, but the mindset is still stuck in 1950s Panjab.

Edited by VanHelsingh
  • Like 1

The sad thing is parents of white kids would never make their offspring feel low about something as superficial as height. It's all about empowering the child to be confident in their own skin. Our lot can accumulate huge houses and cars, but the mindset is still stuck in 1950s Panjab.

I agree completely lol

welcome friends

in the past if you asked me about growing taller for a human body i will tell you it's a genetic but now i have a lot of information about this subject .

so to grow taller today you have a lot of to do

Firstly you need to avoid growth-stunting factors .

Now let us discuss about the growth-stunting factors.

1 - Drink alcohol

1- The caffeine

secondly sleeping is one best way that will make you taller so just follow these steps for your dream and get your perfect tall .

you should eat the right food that you can find it in our blog

This step is one of important steps as i told the right food the : right body so you need to eat grow taller food you can find it in our blog these foods will give you

- calcium , carbohydrates and calories ,500 mg of niacin , vitamin D,protein,zinc,