Getting up at Amrit Vela with kaljugi kam dhandhe

Guest OP1

Guest OP1

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Need sangat's advise on getting up at Amritvela and then cdoing sansari dhandhe for the rest of the day. I am a kind of person that needs 8 hours sleep(minimum 7:30) otherwise my immunity start getting impacted due to continuous less sleep after 2-3 days. Now I have 9 hours job plus 1.5 hour of travel time which makes it 10.5 hrs(usually from 8:30 am to 7 pm). Sometimes work hours get extended also but that will be an exception. After I reach home, I start Rehraas sahib and by 8 I am free. Dinner is usually by 8:30 and 9. I take at least 1-1.5 hours after amrit vela for sleep.

If I want to get up at 3 am for amritvela, I am not able to do that. I tried for couple of days by getting up early, but I get so tired in the afternoon that I am not able to concentrate on job. The problem is not getting up but how to adjust amritvela and nitnem with my schedule so that I am able to get enough sleep and well as don't get tired during job hours. Its almost impossible to get up at 3,4 and even 5 am and continue the day with job activities till 7 pm without break. I know many people can do with 6 hours sleep but unfortunately I haven't got such kirpa from satguru. On weekends, I try to keep amritvela, as I am able to sleep in the afternoon.

Please advise as I don't want to lose amritvela day after day on weekday because of sansari acitivities.

Dhanwaad

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

i don't have answer for it........... but don't make ur body suffer........ a working person needs to do other task as well ..... its easy for a bujurg n ladies at home to wake up at amrit vela... but people who r actually remaining out of home for hours.. needs sufficient rest in mean time.... Babaji understands it..... u can adjust ur timings accordingly..... have a good sleep and then in morning when u wake up then do path,.... He understands it..... dear....

u know sant baba jarnail singh ji khalsa ,he slept only for 2 hours a day

Gurpreet is right, our Guru's were/are very kind and merciful they weren't hard and intolerant like we are today, so lets not make sikhi into some hard faced regime type of religion.

Sata and balwand left Guru Arjan Dev ji's Darbar in anger after throwing the money maharaj gave them for a family members marriage, next day at amrit vela Maharaj waited for them to come and do kirtan they never came , maharaj ji then sent bhai Gurdas ji and other sikhs to get them , they still never came , then Maharaj ji went themselves!!.

This is how merciful and kind our Guru is not hard faced like us sikhs today.

I agree nitnem should be done at amrit vela but if you are tired one day then as long as you still do it before 9am then its not a problem better than not doing it at all. personally anytime later than 5am -5:15am i consider late for myself .

Respect to those who get up midnight-4:30am :respect:

This is my view that maharaj understands.

Gurpreet is right, our Guru's were/are very kind and merciful they weren't hard and intolerant like we are today, so lets not make sikhi into some hard faced regime type of religion.

Sata and balwand left Guru Arjan Dev ji's Darbar in anger after throwing the money maharaj gave them for a family members marriage, next day at amrit vela Maharaj waited for them to come and do kirtan they never came , maharaj ji then sent bhai Gurdas ji and other sikhs to get them , they still never came , then Maharaj ji went themselves!!.

This is how merciful and kind our Guru is not hard faced like us sikhs today.

I agree nitnem should be done at amrit vela but if you are tired one day then as long as you still do it before 9am then its not a problem better than not doing it at all. personally anytime later than 5am -5:15am i consider late for myself .

Respect to those who get up midnight-4:30am :respect:

This is my view that maharaj understands.

veerji remember what lesson do badshah darvesh dhan dhan sri guru gobind singh ji sahib maharaj doing kirtan of asa di vaar at banks of sarsa when the battle was going on?

Guest Guest

One should sleep early, around 8-9pm in order to get up at 3am.

On the other hand if possible go for an afternoon nap to compensate for night.